Toddler in coma after trampled by horse

Discussion in 'News Items' started by farfromhome, Mar 11, 2011.

1. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

Toddler in coma after trampled by horse

A TODDLER is in an induced coma after being trampled by a horse being led by her mother.
    The two-year-old had been in a paddock with her mother at Tatura, in Victoria's north, when she walked into the horse her mother was leading.

"The horse has either kicked her in the head or trodden on her and the mum looked around and found the little girl unconscious," intensive Careflight paramedic Murray Barkmeyer said.

The girl suffered a fractured skull and was placed in an induced coma before being flown to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital in a critical condition yesterday.

_______

how sad :(
    hopefully they pull through ok

2. shite :(
    fricken hell i hope she is ok and pulls through :(
    guess it really highlights the danger of taking your wee kiddies into paddocks... :/

3. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

OMG This is everyones worse nightmare :(
    Hope to God this Young Child pulls through
    This is why i am constanly telling Celine to keep out of the paddocks while the horses are there as you just NEVER know
    Huge hugs to the mother xx

4. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

OMG :-0 Huggies for the family
    wishing the little one a speedy recovery
    cheers shyloh :}

5. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

A similar thing happend to my niece awhile back but she didnt survive it was heartbreaking for the parents and all concernd. My heart goes out to this little ones family and friends I hope she pulls through and all is ok in the long run

6. Con

Con Guest

OMG that is terrible!! my heart goes out to the family!!

My daughter was knocked flat and trodden on by my 16+ hand thoroughbred when she was 3.. it was the scariest thing ever..

he knocked her over with his chest and then trod on her left calf! Fortunatley he jumped sideways off her when I yelled at him otherwise his next step would have been on her chest!

She was a lucky little girl with only minor bruising and scaring on her leg(although she wouldnt bear weight on it so we spent many hours in the ED having it checked out!).

Now she is very cautious and will not go anywhere near the horses without me.

7. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Last update earlier today, she had a sound and stable night. Lets hope all of our thoughts and prayers are working.

8. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Prayers for this little angel and her family.

9. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

i have nightmares about the same thing happening to my son #(

sounds like she may be on the road to recovery **)

same thing ahppened to people we know couple years ago when their little boy was killed by their stallion... :(

you have to be SO careful with little tikes and horses:}

10. tsarbrina

tsarbrina Well-known Member

Lots of healing vibes for this little one..hopefully now on the road to recovery

11. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

I hope she is doing ok :( this is why my kids and horses don't mix they are not allowed in the paddock!
    Such a scary thought always in my mind!

12. cisco kristy

cisco kristy Well-known Member

poor girl:(