Today I learned...

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by wattle6180, Aug 7, 2012.

1. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

This
    [​IMG]

I would never have thought of this, but came across it on a website and thought it ingenius. So simple, yet possibly brilliant with an ear-sensitive horse/pony. The person who wrote the blog about this photo (it's her horse), is also a performance Judge, explaining that while some Judges might mark-down for this "incorrect" use of the browband, she herself, would not, as it doesn't impede the use of the bridle, but can allow some extra room for the ears.

Clever :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. crave

crave Well-known Member

As long as it doesnt slip down ,not that it looks like it will on this bridle, but the width above the throatlatch is wider therefore stopping slipage on most bridles. I know mine would slip. I do have similar problems as my boy takes a cob size bridle but a full browband as standard sizes pinch him around the ears :(

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Or in the case of the horse in the pic, just buy a bigger browband ? :p
    Sizes vary so much ! For all of my bridles (mostly full size) I swear there aren't 2 browbands the same size. I bit like buying ladies clothes really *#)

4. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

LOL Took me a min to figure out what was different in the pic. *#)

What a good idea **)

5. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Trying this with Dave!!

6. ShowjumpKid4Eva

ShowjumpKid4Eva Well-known Member

doesn't look to me as if the horse's noseband fits particularly well either tbh... it's not too tight but I just think it would be a bit more comfortable a size bigger. And would sit better. But then maybe it would be too big around the top of his head? (oh well, that's what adding extra holes is for!)

7. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

The noseband looks fine to me? ';'

As far as the browband goes, that's ingenious! Will keep that tucked up my sleeve if ever i need it!

8. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I just put the photo up as a ..."I learned from this" idea. I wasn't in it for the dissection of the bridle :)

PS the bit has dirt on it lol **)

9. Nattyh

Nattyh Guest

Well I want to know how that chick gets (and keeps) her gloves so white!

Ahh, my eyes:D

10. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Cool, will tuck that idea away for if ever I need it.**)

11. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Did this with my horse several years ago because where the browband needed to sit resulted in constricting the throat latch just enough to make the throat latch a bit too short. The rest of the bridle fitted all right but not the throat latch.

12. luckyboy22

luckyboy22 Well-known Member

The horse is gorgeous!:D

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

What are judge's going to mark down? That bit has confused me *#)

It obviously isn't a turnout class so why should it matter? Some gear checkers may be confused by it but is there anything in the rules that would make it illegal?