to find out if you are crooked.....

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by beccy, Nov 4, 2002.

1. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

If you feel you may be riding crooked....and sometimes it is very hard for people on the ground to tell, let alone to feel for yourself whilst consentrating on the horse, this activity might beable to help you

Wear some tight fitting clothes, and have someone put white tape at various locations.. ie. across your shoulders, from your head to your tailbone, at the bottom of your shoulder blades, etc... And then have some one tape you riding, setup along one rail, so they can film coming and going, and then ride your horse. The tape will help you more clearly see where the crookedness is..

-bec-

2. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

that is an excellent idea beccy! I'll have to try it! wonder if it works on horses too... lol

Jessica *

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

3. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

It really does work too Beccy. I read the same idea in one of my UK horse mags afew years back so I did it and got my husband to record me riding. When I viewed the tape afterwards I found that I was leaning in abit and also had a habit of dropping my inside shoulder! I didn't even know I was doing it!!!

Ali

4. angelTricia

angelTricia Well-known Member

I know I ride crooked and have been told this by a lady that taught me to ride but unfortunatly I don't think Im able to fix this problem as even when I am standing on straight ground to have my photo taken I look as though Im not standing straight due to my left side sits higher than my right side of my body even when I am in the saddle I still have this problem.

" A good horse and rider are only so in mutual trust."

5. The Old Grey Mare

The Old Grey Mare Active Member

angeltricia, love the new image. nice buckskins.

6. angelTricia

angelTricia Well-known Member

thnx I have heaps of buckskin pics as they are my all time fav colour horse.

" A good horse and rider are only so in mutual trust."

7. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I also know im crooked...im not sure how serious it is in the saddle but it causes a heap of pain doing everyday things... I have been going to a chiropractor for about 6wks now as I have a twisted pelvis, hopefully once it is fixed (if it can be fixed) riding wont be such a pain!

8. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

i have been told by my isturctor that i lean sometimes, i would really love to get my riding taped so i can watch it adn try to improve

<font face=verdana><font size=1> <font color=skyblue>I'm Just Me

Emma