TJ Update/Tj Original Merged post

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Delrae, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jodles

jodles Well-known Member

Nothing TLC and lots of feed wont cure when he gets home...........can understand him dropping weight :( look forward to pics of him back in hbis paddock

2. Cass25

Cass25 Active Member

hehe im working on something for the little man, should be there soon. **)

3. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

That is good news Delrae! Looking forward to hearing that he is out of the woods **) :) . Brave little man!

4. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Hey Delrae, so glad TJ has improved!! I made him a card but i havent sent it yet :eek: will get onto it haha

Look forward to hearing when he can come home **)

5. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Have just had chat to Leisl, and she said though he is fine in himself and his vitals are all good, they have found another pocket of demarcation under his armpit which is very deep, they have cut away the skin so they can flush it out, but it is a very BIG HOLE :( :( , they have packed it with sponges and hosing it out each day until they can get some granulation happening, but she fears it is going to be a long haul with this hole... his belly and neck are coming along as planned and they have started to cut away the dead skin, so that is one good thing
    Because of where the hole is and the movement of his forelimb, he is once again confined to his bedroom, but she said there is no shortage of students fetching him some green grass **)

Mind you you cant miss his stable, with his cards, pressie's, guardian angels and he even has his own fan!!!!
    So there is no sign of him being able to come home for awhile yet

6. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Poor little man ..... i am sure he has wormed his way into their hearts 7 they are doing everything they can.

Yeah it looks gross & will no doubt smell even worse but I am amazed at what our horses can go through & still come good

It must be a very worring time for you Delrae ..... I hope he gets better real soon :)

7. Cass25

Cass25 Active Member

poor little boy
    Just sent him a peg pony that i spent yesterday making, should get there by the end of the week. **)

8. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

Oh Di, man I was just catching up on his thread thinking yay things are looking up, then read the last page, I am so sorry :( oh come on Teej you can do it.

If you need anything or anywhere to stay just yell out.

9. Giddyupp

Giddyupp Well-known Member

He he yeah that ones mine mate.. mr tj is a tough little cookie he wont let this beat him,,continuing to send my love and good vibes your both your ways..and praying for the lil tikes return home soon.

10. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Thanks everyone, yes he is being a tough little cookie, they are amazed how he just accepts everything they do... and even though the hole is so gross they reckon that it would turn even the toughest of stomachs he seems non plussed about it... but the good news about it all is that the toxins are now dead and finished and they are into the damage control phase which is going to be the longest part to deal with, but he seems to be handling it all okay

PL thanks for the offer, I wont forget that... good on ya, I know who to call if I need to

11. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Damn, just read this last bit. Poor Teej I hope things only go up for him from now on. Came to see you yesterday Di but your car wasnt at work so I had to get Natasha vampire to do it LOL!!
    Hopefully will catch up on the weekend. Keep strong mate, he will be home one day soon :)

12. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

haha.. must of tricked ya PP... I was at work but my car was having some brakes put on... it's handy having brakes :D

13. maxntaz

maxntaz Well-known Member

Still got everything crossed for the little man... hope all is going well.

14. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Just had a phone call from TJ's vet, with not very good news :(

basically, the bacteria has done a lot more extensive damage than they realised, there are deep deficits in his tissues/muscles and it is looking horrendous.. She said it has thankfully left his vital structures alone, i.e. The trachea etc but she said a horse this extensively damaged is usually put down.. She is leaving us to call the shots now but she did say somehow or other TJ doesn't seem to want to give up the fight yet, he is still eating and drinking, though his pulse is high..they have never seen anything quite as aggressive as this before.. The bug is dead but it is the extent of the damage that is going to be difficult to deal with.

I have told her, it's up to TJ, we have come this far but if it gets too much for him we will do the right thing by him.. he can call the shots from now on, being a friday (naturally) they will only ring me if he deteriates.. so now I am praying for no news, till Leisl's next report on Monday

I am so emotionally drained right now, this on top of having a full on argument this afternoon with the local vet over this matter, has just wiped me out

15. pso

pso Gold Member

Oh Di :( :( :(

***HUGS***

What a horrible position to be in...I am sure Teej will let you kow IF he cant fight anymore...:(

16. Saiorse

Saiorse Well-known Member

My love to you, Delrae. TJ will do the right thing. Well done you for handing it over to him now. We can all send our positive thoughts to him, so he is assisted whatever the right outcome turns out to be.

Look after yourself.

XJ

17. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

All my thoughts are with you all & little Teej, I can't tell you how very sorry I am, really sad, I'm sorry :(

18. Petite Pastures

Petite Pastures Well-known Member

Well I am relieved to hear that he is still alive cause I have been sitting here for the last 10 minutes bawling cause I thought he had gone. I am so sorry to hear this but and all I can do is keep hoping and sending my thoughts his way. Poor boy has come so far it will be devestating to lose him now. If you need anything Di dont be afraid to ask. I am not good with words at times like these but I am here for you :(

19. Big Bay Booga

Big Bay Booga Well-known Member

Oh Delrae I am so sorry to hear the latest news.
    I have been reading this post with evrything crossed just hoping he will pull through. He certainly is a fighter.

(((((HUGS))))) to you and I hopw there is no phone call over the weekend. You are one very strong cookie for putting up with all of this, I would have completly lost it by now.

20. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

Keep Fighting Little man!!!!
    please keep fighting!

-hugs-