TJ Update/Tj Original Merged post

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Delrae, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Glad he's getting better. :)

2. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

awesome delrae!!! :)

3. Cass25

Cass25 Active Member

That's great that he is getting better Delrae, did you find out if it was a white tail bite?

4. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

hey Delrae,

I hope he picks up soon. I've been following this thread with interest as I did a microbiology unit at murdoch last semester and delt with similar "bugs". If he needs a visitor pm me but it sounds like he's accumulating his own fan club already **) .

Sending positive vibes his way - he's fighting a tough battle hard!

esy

5. jodles

jodles Well-known Member

Oh good .............escaping shows he is feeling better lol :)

6. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Cass I mentioned about the white tail, and no they said they are confident that all this was secondary to the original colic and they ruled out that toxins was the cause of that because of his good response to painkillers
    The oedema's started at the needle sites and worked down, if the vet surgery had acted quicker when they first saw the oedema's friday morning when he had a vet sleepover, it might have been contained

They have made him another pen under the tree where I think the table was, hehe they must have moved it for Teej :D

Thanks springbok for your kind gesture, if you want to visit him it is not a problem.. but yes he seems to have a huge fan club, bless him

Now we just wait for the bit we are all dreading, and last night the edges of the skin are starting to curl so it is going to happen soon :(

7. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Many thanks Jodles and PP, TJ got his get well cards today :)* :)) they are hanging on his door with his angel

8. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

another one will be sent tomrrow :p (i got one for him today haha)
    he has a little fan club.

I'd love to meet him when hes all better !!! (becuase he WILL get all better))

9. Giddyupp

Giddyupp Well-known Member

I made him a card too, and wrote a poem inside it for him. he he..i was in a creative mood hope he gets it i sent it wednesday arvo,,

10. lil bec

lil bec Well-known Member

oh my dear god poor little guy i hope he gets better soon keep us updated

11. Liberte Doo Dah

Liberte Doo Dah Active Member

Hi Delrae

I've PM'd you

12. maxntaz

maxntaz Well-known Member

I just posted TJ a "letter" from me... care of the Elders stationary!

13. CJR

CJR Well-known Member

I have a feeling this little guys going to get alot of get well cards ;)

14. rockon

rockon Active Member

I was at Murdoch today and as we were doing a lameness examination I was able to give him a get well message direct! He looked quite comfortable and was very interested in my big chestnut who loved calling out to him.
    Get well T.J.

15. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Oh thank you Rockon **) I have just got off the phone to Leisl and she is very happy with his progress, he is now off the bute and some of the dead skin that has come away has healthy skin underneath so not all is going to be exposed tissue, she reckons he is getting quite perky and cheeky now :D :p
    She is hoping that by monday she will have some idea of how long he will need to stay, so we might have some indication of when he can come home..whoo hoo!!!!

She forgot to tell me who he has recieved cards from so I will thank you all, what a great bunch of people :)) :))

oops forgot to ask, hope your chestnut is okay Rockon??

16. supersezabell

supersezabell Well-known Member

i must have missed something.... poor little man but what happened?

17. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Hi Supersezabel, there was a thread a little while ago about TJ having colic and suspected poisoning, which ended up in a nightmare race to Perth to save the little guy after he stayed at the local vets for colic and an injection site was contaminated causing bacterial toxicity, thankfully I disregarded my vets advice to leave him at the local surgery over the weekend because by saturday morning he would have been dead without a doubt, even when we arrived at 3.30am in the morning at Murdoch his prognosis was extremely poor but he totally amazed all vets and his owners I might add by pulling through or as Leisl says (the murdoch vet in charge of him) coming back from the brink of death... he is about to lose all his skin from the infected area so we are now waiting to see how we cope with that.
    Through out this whole ordeal, TJ has kept his spirits up and and just loyally goes along with all that the vets do to him... he's a true blue little aussie battler!! :))

18. rockon

rockon Active Member

He's fine thanks Delrae- was just doing a mini pre purchase check up.

I'll be back there on wed too, so I will say hello again to him then.

19. mineees

mineees Gold Member

yay TEEJ..told you D he was gonna come through this.**) ..and rockon i hope your guy is ok..:)

20. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Phew, thats good rockon, hope the pre purchase check comes through okay for you

yeah, its whoo hoo eh mineees, who'd of thought we get this far when you saw him that saturday ( well.... maybe you :D )

I have only seen the cards on a video made but they look lovely and Giddyup is that one of the carrot made by you with that lovely, lovely poem inside, you are so clever...we will treasure those cards for ever **)
    Mind you looking at his dead yucky skin in the video, urgh!! he's a bit of a mess and for some reason his shoulder still looks very swollen, poor little guy is soooooo skinny