TJ Update/Tj Original Merged post

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Delrae, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I am still in awe that he managed to survive this whole thing! what a little fighter.
    Im so happy for you guys that he is on the road to recovery, I hope he continues to improve and never ever gets sick again!!!

2. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

I am with too sassy.. still in awe that he survived actually that this whole thing even happened

he has been on just 1 bute dose for a few days now.. so hopefully all being well he will be going cold turkey on friday... fingers x'ed for him guys that he can carry on without drugs

3. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Fingers x'd for you Di, i hope he can cope on Friday- i will be definately be thinking of you both!!!:):):)

4. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

graphic pics

Teej has been off his bute now for just over a week, and though for the first few days he slowed down a little, he didnt worry him like the first attempt we did, I think once his feet have grown through, he will be fine..
    thought I would put up a comparison pic to show how far his chest wounds have come..**a bit graphic sorry!!

a few weeks after initial infection
    *mod note*
    Delrae ,have put the one photo as a link as it is fairly graphic.
    The attachment is at the bottom of the post.

just before coming home
    [​IMG]

and now
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2008
  5. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

you can see the new growth is half way there, he is due to have his feet done too
    [​IMG]

and he is just as cheeky
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  6. pso

pso Gold Member

Geez he's looking good!
    Probably be all healed by september? (will bring Equissage anyhow!:p )
    :)*

7. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Yay!! (delrae jumping up and down clapping hands) you are coming down!!!

8. pso

pso Gold Member

Maybe!;)

Not 100% sure...He has just upgraded, and its a long drive for arena practice!:p Will see how he's going! (and its the week before the indoors...we might both die of exhaustion!:D )

9. LNT

LNT Well-known Member

so happy to see he's looking so well Di!

what an amazing little horse, glad he's coping without the bute and coming along so well, thanks for the pics its always nice to have a happy ending :)*

10. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

This thread still makes me smile. I'm so glad that everything has ended well! He is def a little trooper.

11. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

SUPERMAN !!!!!!!!!!:)*

12. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

must be time for another update of the boy, he is out in his own paddock now and loving it :D
    He has now been of his bute for a month and gallops around bucking and being a real tosser
    so here are a few pics of his wounds etc 24 weeks after initial infection

his neck (the initial injection site)
    [​IMG]

his belly
    [​IMG]

and him both sides :) his neck is still munty but the vets are confident that it will muscle up again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Geez Di, He is looking good....i was wondering how he was gettin on..:):):)

14. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

delrae hes looking so well!!!

hes a little trooper, how do you feel after all of this now that hes really on the road to recovery now???

15. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

awww GO TEEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is looking fab!

16. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Thanks QHfan, dirtbug and flicka.. you are not going to believe it but no sooner had I hit the submit button and his song came on the radio :D I had a little cry
    dirtbug, he will always be one very special little horse to us.. though he does bring me back to earth everytime I change his bandages.. he hates his nappies put on now :D :D

oops missed your post Emma.. hehe thanks too

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  17. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Hey Di, how much longer will he need his bandages n nappy on for do you recon? P.S. i dont think i would like someone puttin a nappy on me either...LOLOL:) Are your hands warm...PMSL:):):)

18. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

pmsl.. yep my hands are warm, they have just finished giving him a warm betadine wash, before being smeared in honey :D
    we will stop covering it as soon as the entire wound has skin covering it, so no more exposed flesh, with the rate that it is closing up now, hopefully by next month

19. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Woo hoo Di, that sounds a bit kinky...LOL PMSL....:):)

20. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

norty..norty :D I dont get smeared in honey Teej does..hahaha well on his wounds...geez QH where's your mind!!!! PMSL