TJ Update/Tj Original Merged post

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Delrae, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Thanks starbe, phew that would have been a long read.. but I would recommend Murdoch to anyone, they are a great bunch of people and very dedicated to their patients **)

2. palomino6661

palomino6661 Active Member

awww look at the lil guy hes healing up well dee good to see:)* i cant believe hes here still spinns me out all the time. ill have to come up for visit when i go see dad in dumbleyoung have to call in come say hello and how u guys are doing .**)

3. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

For sure.. call in and meet the little guy, mind you his manners are not so good now, he is feeling better and so over the bandage changes..starting to make it difficult for me, the little shite

4. palomino6661

hey dee wow lil bugger ahh well thats what hes ment to be mate a pain in the a s s lol as long as he is getting back to nomal now he looken better for sure far out hes come a long way mate .

5. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Took TJ to the vet on friday for a check up, all is going well, the wounds are closing up even more, will have to do pics soon... and the line around his feet is about half way down
    She feels that he is now bute dependant as when I try to drop it from twice a day to once a day he goes very sore, so we are now keepiing him on twice a day and just lowering the dose weekly until he doesnt need it..this is going well so it does indeed look a little psychological
    He is still having his weekly equissage massage, which is definately helping him

I am not sure if it is the bute thats doing it but he is always ravengely hungry..he used to pick at his food once, now he is a garbage guts!!!

6. LNT

LNT Well-known Member

so good to hear he is still progressing well :)*

how about a few new pics?

i'd love to see the little fella :))

7. palomino6661

i tell ya what hes sounding like hes getting better every day dee good to hear mate yeh ill deffnetly try to pop in and see him for sure when i do head up that way. my girls doing better now 2 nights with out sleep awwww it was the longest 2 days when she hits colic is inpossable to get sleep shes terror always getting sick atleast it wasnt bad this time round. my paddocs aint that good but the other two seem to be the better ones lol but hope to see more pics dee and how hes looking now i bet hes getting fat lol:)* **)

8. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

will take some pics this weekend after the show..when I can have a breather :D

Pally, glad your mare is coming good for you

9. rimes

rimes Well-known Member

That is great news about TJ, he sure is a fighter that boy of yours.

Delrae you deserve a medal for what you have been through and are still going through.

I too look forward to seeing some updated photos :D

10. palomino6661

yeah i may have sold my other mare so be lil bit less stress for me but shes doing ok now. for now ne way . i think i might go the mini style lol **) get rid of the big ones lol na i wouldnt be able to do that to my girls

11. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Delrae - edited your post just a wee bit so I could pinpoint my question a little better - if this bute dependancy is appearing to be psychological...does it mean you have a junkie horse now who needs rehab?...what is he on the bute for and what advise are the vets giving re getting him off it?

Is it likely to occur in the near future?

Cheers and good on the little man for his progress..been a longgg haul for you both.

12. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Sorry Jez, I never got back to this one.. basically he went onto bute at Murdoch for clinical founder.. the odds were always very high that this was going to happen with the amount of toxin in his system.
    He is completely regrowing new hoofs which are aproximately 50% new growth already!! thank god he has little feet.. unfortunately though his feet are not straight any more and I am not sure if they ever will be at this stage. He has his feet done every 4 weeks and I do have a great farrier that I have complete trust with. Because he has been on bute for so long and it also relieved him of the pain that was up under his armpit (remember there was absolutely nothing there once) he has become dependant on it.
    We have him down to just half a mil twice a day and I hope to drop that to once a day by the end of the week, depending on how he copes. This weekend was the first time out in the dressage arena and he loves it.. he took of bucking and galloping round and round, was a joy to see though he was a little quieter today :D
    the vets all feel he will have total recovery in time, he is still having massage once a fortnight now, and he is starting to get some muscle development over back.. though he is still ewe necked from the bandages and humpy backed at times

13. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

His first day since February the 12th back in a paddock ( well overgrown dressage arena really :D )
    [​IMG]

and a pic of his neck wound, though it is a lousy one as he was more intent on chasing carrots!!
    [​IMG]

but his wounds are really progressing well now

14. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Thanks Delrae - certainly a little fighter isnt he? Its been a real learning curve following this thread from the start...hope to meet the little guy one day :)

15. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

LOL Jez.... I hope one day we can meet you, love your posts :D

16. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

wow!!!

im glad i popped in, hes looking really well!!!

give him a little pat for me :)

17. palomino6661

look at the lil champion what amazing lil falla i cant believe hes pulled through all this dee omg im stuned and amazed he looks great chicky babe:)*

18. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I can't believe how good he looks. The light at the end of the tunnel for you I'm sure!!

19. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Wow Di, he has put on some weight and is looking really good!!!

20. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

he is looking awesome Di:D