tiny hard lumps on horses body?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by xhorsesx, Aug 3, 2008.

1. GoWelshCobs

GoWelshCobs Well-known Member

this hore has had them soilily for a few month they go away a lil them they get worse that what is in the pic

2. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

Everyone have a look at the post called "eosinophillic granuloma complex" - this is exactly what we are talking about here.

3. emloveschocco100

emloveschocco100 Active Member

I put my horse on copra about 3 weeks ago.
    I came out 2 days later to find hard lumps over the right side under the saddle area, They seemed to hurt him when i touched them, i took him straight to Paula from Oakford Equine Hospital, she suspects the lumps were from an insect bite? maybe a ant got stuck under his rugs, i told her about him being introduced slowly to copra. The lumps seemed to go down but not disapear after a shot of antihistimine, i had xc training last weekend 15th aug, and left him untill tuesday 17th aug, to find the lumps had completely blown up and i couldnt even touch them due to pain, so back to the vets we went another shot of quarterzone, and yesterday i checked him to find they had gone down thanks to the shot but were still there just a bit scabby, but was taken off copra on monday the 16th.
    So im hoping this is due to him being on copra? i cant think why if it was an insect bite they would shoot up again after being good for a bit over a week.
    Chocco was on copra at our other agistment place, with no worries, so im puzzled.
    Any ideas would help heaps

4. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Em- have you washed his rugs and saddle blankets since the lumps appeared? could be whatever it is is still on his rugs and/or his saddle blanket. ;)