Time for a new insurer???

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by pso, Oct 13, 2009.

1. pso

pso Gold Member

ok- maybe I am being unreasonable...to change companies for slight problems...

Firstly, they double charge me (direct debit) for 2 months running...and when I ring to query this, accounts is always in a meeting or out to lunch...hmmmmmmm

Finally I get a refund, followed by a cancellation notice due to non payment...hmmmmmmmmmm

Again, no-one from accounts is available, and no-one returns my calls, so I resort to email:p

Am I being old for thinking that the following email is a tad unproffessional?? (oh- it was all multicoloured and in crazy typefaces too)

*** ​
    Hello ------

I have discussed with the accounts and they have agreed to reinstate your policy. I will need to grab your payment details again so that I can reinstate your insurance.

Please let me no

Kind Regards,

·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·

·´*·.¸¸.*~*---------------- *~*.¸¸.·*`·

´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`.

Equine Underwriting
    ***​

If it wasnt from the company that HAS my details already...I'd be inclined to think it was a scam?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I would be swapping companies. If they are that unproffesional with payment how are they going to be if you ever have a claim?

3. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

that's shocking!

I would be changing!

:D:))):p:eek::)*@):}

(just because I thought you might like some more smileys!)

4. pso

pso Gold Member

Yup- the next email was an apology...blaming the work experience kids??? Still with bad spelling though!!!!

Have 2 months to find a replacement!;)

5. miniequine

miniequine Well-known Member

Totally unprofessional, change change change. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable.#(#(#(

6. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

The same insurer (I assume it is the same because how many would use multi-coloured emails!??) has just taken over 4 months to pay a claim for us. They asked to obtain more history twice despite being told that there is NO OTHER history as the horse had never been sick before!! We were not impressed. We claimed for another pet too and that took over 5 months.

Would love to change insurers but there is no-one else that I am aware of that covers high level vet bills. Although what's the point when they take that long to pay!? I could save up the money in that time myself!

7. pso

pso Gold Member

hmmm...interesting!

If I had realised they were part of Allianz- I would never have signed with them in the first place...I got caught out with my car when FAI went bust and Allianz took over....Ah well, live and learn!

I believe Logans does Vet insurance?

8. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

lol..would definitley be changing.....Warning bells go off at having to communicate with them thru email for starters....little alone the spelling mistakes!

9. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

I know this is a really old Thread, but just came across it...

OMG pso! You are such a hard task master! Pedantic much?? Overly critical much?! So there were a couple of speeling errors... we are all but human!

Just look at that intricate art-work!! My goodness, woman! Have you no idea how long it would have taken that hard working, over... er underpaid employee to achieve that Master Piece??? Weeks, probably! And you would deny the artist the opportunity of pursuing his/her chosen career, by changing Insurance Company's??? Harsh! :eek:

ROFLMAO! Cripes, I hope you changed! rofl *#) ;)