Thumbs Up For AIS!

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hello All!
    we all know that it is relatively quick and easy to pay your money to an insurer to put a cover on your horse, but how many people actually had to claim and got their money?';' And how long did it take to get it?';'
    That was the question I was always asking myself when adding another foal/horse to our cover... We have never had to claim before...:)))
    This year we lost our colt to the abdominal abscess, we took him to Murdoch, he was euthanised on the table on the 31/08/10.
    Today (22/10/10) I received a letter of release for the sum he was insured for.
    I can assure our customers (on our personal and very sad experience) that AIS is a reputable company and providing you follow their requirements with the paperwork from the vets, you'd get a pay out.
    Thank you for reading this.
    lena

2. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

We've unfortunately had to make a claim too and our insurance Broker was so good about the whole process and the monetary value was re-imbursed literally days later. They too were super understanding of the emotionally upsetting time we were going through and made the whole process stress free for us.**)

3. Were you with AIS, KPF?

4. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

B&I is our insurer - I think it goes without saying, you get what you pay for, and insurer's like AIS, B&I, Wallace etc in my opinion are always going to look after their clients more often than not than some cheaper company with a policy no bigger than a single page pamphlet.**)

5. Exactly right, KPF:)*
    My dilemma was ( before we had to claim:eek:), how could I recommend a company to all our clients buying our foals (we require insurance) if personally we had no idea how good it would be paying out the claim.';'
    It was a very hard way for us to find out that they are reputable.:eek:

6. Go the Distance

Go the Distance Well-known Member

AIS are fantastic. I have insured both weanlings this year without any hassle at all. A very simple, easy and stress free process.

7. miniequine

miniequine Well-known Member

What does AIS stand for and um now I for get er B@I? sorry don't know them and I am looking at horse insurance,thanks