Three Cheers for The STEWARDS

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Jez, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

because i know the history mate, and because the other "sectors" was brought up in OP.

as i said, have worked with a TOP competitor/coach/trainer and nothing i saw disappointed/shocked me. As for experience in racing - nothing, but have worked with ex-race horses who have had issues as a result of their time racing/training, and we have all seen and heard about at least one horse... Now i know this is not everyone, or even the majority, but i cant stand people sugar coating it and dissing equestrian. If the stewards did not think it was necessary to search they wouldnt do it - that says enough.

2. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

ROFL JB!

Yeah I'm saving for a car so that should be good :) then hopefully i can get to more shows! YAY hehe

3. Spider n Toby

You worked with ONE top rider.... so what about all the others?! How do you know they arn't, when you have only worked with one. :confused: I guess we will have to agree to disagree :)

Sorry anyway, I keep getting side tracked.once again jez sorry! ROFL

4. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

Good on you Lauren, that's a great idea **) You have plenty of sense, you will do well in this life :D .

Sorry for threadjacking!

5. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

would like to know what jez's opinion is founded on.

6. Spider n Toby

HAHA lol why thankyou Jb **) I reallly appreciate that :p

Jez has been around for longer then you Heif, she is a mountain of knowledge and hasn't always had a race horse. She has done other things aswell. She is a lot more wiser and experienced. **) ( sucking up so I can get some semolina porridge, please jezzy, just a quick drive to ascot, you can stop in and say hi to Doc! ) rofl rofl

7. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

So jezz, which world champ rider did you work with?

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  8. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

Well Spid it is true, I think it is great that you want to save for a car, very responsible.

9. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Mods are watching.(that includes edited posts before the edit,you have to be a bit quicker than that people ;) )

Keep it in line and back to the original post please.

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Your not the only one that's worked with a TOP competitor/coach/trainer...... im sure you've made it very clear already Heifer, lol. :D

Back on topic, Jez i think its great the stewards are doing checks, people (racing) wouldnt fussed when they have nothing to hide.

11. Jez

Jez Gold Member

In line with what Mod3 has just said, and in line with forum etiquette and rules re naming businesses - no naming of any person other than to say...I HIRED their services. An assumption was made i WORKED with someone, not the case, never said anything of the sort.

And yes, Remaani, no one I know of has any issues with stewards visits.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  12. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

condescending - look in the mirror mate

I was just making a point that it is not common practice to harm horses in dressage - jez is always bringing up the rollkur thing.

13. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

Well done to the stewards out there. I think they do a good job and do get results from stable visits - keeps everyone in line and makes it a bit fairer for everyone else out there racing. I also think they get a bit of a hard time sometimes and wouldn't like to be in there shoes in some instances! Again, as the title of this thread states, three cheers for the stewards :))

14. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Thats it BP - ive got a horse racing this week - you kind of hope that we're all on a level playing field and thats what the stewards are there for - they cop enough for doing their jobs but I feel glad that they are doing that job.

Heifer....I said nothing about roll kur nor is it what the pictures i have seen that should never have come to be in existance are of - believe it or not i actually do know a bit about other equine sectors, it interests me, but I am not going out of my way looking for an argument and i would appreciate it if you ceased baiting me because....its just not working....im now bored........

15. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

Best of luck for your horse racing this week Jez, let us know how he/she goes **)

16. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Ok thats quite enough.
    Am locking this now as its just turning nasty.

Sorry to the original poster but I see no reason to leave it open when people are not going to play the game and get back to the original topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.