Three Cheers for The STEWARDS

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Jez, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roe

Roe Banned

If your good at what you do you will make money...... I know my family certainly has.

2. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

Lol, agree with Heifer and Roe, if you have a good horse, a good trainer and some good luck, there is money to be made! Crappy runners don't win money. Good runners do. Very very good runners make their owners happy and line their pockets!

If you aren't making any money from it, change the ingredients.

3. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Id say J.B Cummins is good at what he does.....and he was bankrupt - WHY is it that as stated before, we asked for this sub forum so racing people could talk about racing issues and our interest...as far as I can recall I dont go posting in the show and events thread because I know nothing about it, doesnt interest me, doesnt concern me. I dont make judgements such as why would anyone spend thousands year after year to win a ribbon?...WHAT IS WRONG WITH GIVING THE STEWARDS A THUMBS UP EVERY NOW AND THEN WHEN THE INDUSTRY IS LOOKING AFTER ITS OWN AND DOING THE RIGHT THING.....

SIMPLE.

4. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

hehe

Because some people think they know everything, think that racing is oh so bad and never any good...please..

Stewards are doing a fantastic job.. good on them!

5. Jumping Bean

Oh dear oh dear oh dear ... is it cold up there on that pedestal??

Spider, you are not the only person here involved in racing or knowledageable about the industry. You don't know me so don't make assumptions. You might feel a bit silly ;).

I have never said anywhere that racing is bad - in fact quite the opposite, and I have stated, and I quote, [B"]The racing industry does have a very sound system in place"[/B].

Pray tell how that is me bagging out the industry? Mmmmm bit defensive hey? However you have done quite a remarkable job of bagging out equestrian activities - and I say again, despite the nudge nudge wink wink insinuation that I might not like having my horses checked out (pffffft) FEEL FREE! My horse is without doubt one of the most pampered creatures on god's good earth.

I am not blind to the faults of the equestrian industry - nor am I blind to the faults of the racing industry. That is life.

Jez there is nothing wrong with giving the stewards a thumbs up - nor do I bleieve that anyone has said otherwise.

Rather the discussion became a "racing has a better legislation in place than equestrian disciplines" when really you can't compare the two. So naturally some of us are going to come out and have a thing or two to say about such a legislation being implemented on our discipline.

6. Spider n Toby

Oh Jumping Bean, I was talking in general not directly - specially not at you ;)

I know that I don't know everything about racing? ROFL Just tonight I was asking jezzy some questions about some things as I was unsure. **)

And yes I do get defensive, as I ( like a lot of others ) know just how hard it is and it bugs me when people bugg it out. :)

Please don't think I was aiming at you JB, Sorry if it came out that way:)))

7. Jumping Bean

Ok Spid, no worries, lol, I was probably getting a bit defensive too ;) haha bit of pot, kettle and black on my part then.

I haven't got any issues with racing, and I do agree that the stewards do a good job in the racing industry, without question. As do the security guards keeping the punters in line lol. I just can't see it working in equestrian disciplines (not to mention rego fees going up ... up ... up ... and away). The passport system that they have in the UK seems to work well, mind you it costs a packet to keep horses over there, a cousin was outlining her expenses to me, I just about dropped dead.

8. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

If this is PURELY about racing why was Andrewy Hoy brought into it? and you are the one who said it should apply to other "sectors". To you racing can do no wrong. Im not particularily anti-racing, it doesnt interest me at all infact. But i do see and hear horror stories from it, and i dont like that you deny them.

And i dont appreciate being dissed on chat, thanks all the same.

9. Spider n Toby

No worries JB - I'm sorry if it looked that way..

Yes it would be hard to manage with the whole horse community. But I think some people would be very surprised at just how tough they can be! ROFL

10. Jumping Bean

And I am sorry too if I bit the wrong end of the chewing stick and spat it out hehe.

11. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

I have never said anywhere that racing is bad - in fact quite the opposite, and I have stated, and I quote, [B"]The racing industry does have a very sound system in place"[/B].

nothing wrong with giving the stewards a thumbs up - nor do I believe that anyone has said otherwise.

You guys are actually agreeing with each other, so what's the point of arguing? ;) :confused: **)

12. Spider n Toby

LOL We have all been quilty of that at more then one stage! ROFL.. I know that I just have to not get so defensive. hehe

Hows ur purrddy pony doing?

13. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

I'm a bit slow as usual hehe. :)*

14. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Thats it Horsetalk..wasnt an invitation for a discussion, was a simple thumbs up to the stewards after another forum user who is in racing phoned and told me they had been randomly visited. The stewards may or may not read these posts - if they do, im sure they would appreciate some positive feedback for a change. I am quite entitled to give my "discipline" a pat on the back when its going right.....

Oh and Heifer..read your copy and pasted chat logs which btw are not condoned carefully, ive said NOTHING about you ;)

15. Jumping Bean

I am guilty of same Spid, Aries temper *#) ;) and OH is a redhead, we break some plates around here :D but never boring lol! I just can't have a snitchy horse, or we fight lol!

Purrdy pony is thinner (yay!!) and hairy as hell! Not so purrdy atm, bit soggy, furry and grouchy *#) . He is going out to 120 acres next week, he will love it, no work, pretty ladies to schmoozle with, and grass (well, short grass, short grass for short fat horses). In another thread I saw Zeph is going out, bet he will have a ball! Mine does tend to forget me after fivce minutes, mum, go away, you're embarassing me in front of my friends :D .

16. Jumping Bean

I actually agree with you Jez, you are entitled to. I think it is great that they have a strategy in place.

What on earth is a chat log? It sounds like a chewy caramel snack bar, or am I thinking of summer logs.

17. Spider n Toby

ROFL No wonder JB - I'm aries too! ROFL

Yeah I can't wait for him to go out, but then I defently can! ROFL

18. Jumping Bean

So am I, I just saw your post! :D

19. Spider n Toby

Well Said **)

Sorry jez, by getting the thread a bit of topic! :)

Well done to the stewards! A huge thankyou for coming and checking the stables! :)

20. Jumping Bean

Hahahaha oh no, two rams!! Well, we are prone to wee outbursts, but we aren't bad all round really *#)

I am going to feel a bit lost without a hay burner or two demanding my time and attention, I am sure you will too, they give you a sense of purpose, no matter what else is going wrong. I will have to check out these "lives" I have been told exist.

Just think, you will stay warm and dry this winter and mostly clean, with slightly better lined pockets ... ready for next season **) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.