This will be interesting?!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by TJbear, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Thanks Lena, Its funny you say that i was just talking about doing this........ i wormed her 4wks before her due "date" as per vet advise, but now im not sure when to do her again? was going to ring (aka annoy again) the vet and ask him.

just wish she would pop already! lol

looking at the pics........... whats your thoughts? *#):p

2. We always worm mares that are due within a week prior (that's why I think it is just the right time for wormimg your mare) hehehe*#) Whats her milk is like? Clear or whitish?
    lena

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I've followed this thread and must have missed the bit where anyone called this pregnancy a phantom ???? ';'
    TJbear had already stated the pregnancy was confirmed with a blood test *#)

4. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Oh I like that! Lol

Not sure on milk, she will not let me touch her boobies! Lol

5. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

HAHA! No missing that belly! :p:D

6. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

... From a few pages back which started the discussions about the 'other' thread :D

7. Pinkie_Pie

Pinkie_Pie Well-known Member

Can you brush her belly and work further back and start by "accidently" touching them. My mare (not in foal! but they still need cleaning between them apparently - first time mare owner here!) cow kicks if you go straight for them but if it's a casual "oops, sorry didn't mean to touch you there" she's ok. I imagine they must be tender though!

8. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Ok so........ How soon after they go flat on the side of the tummy?? She's very flat on the side, low, vulva seems more loose and tail muscles are more pronounced.

9. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

Ooooo..... yay sounds close!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

Same with human ladies!

11. beau

beau Well-known Member

Have you tried the broom handle with sheepskin tied on the bottom of it to help get near her boobies to massage them, we do this with a few mares who are touchy in that area, then we can slowly go with the hands, it certainly helps if you have to help get the foaly onto the milkbar with a fussy mare.

Good luck:)

12. You'll have to work on that TJbear. Little bit at a time, don't let her win, she will give in.:}

13. QH Rulz

QH Rulz Well-known Member

Hows she going TJbear.... I would have thought the wind we have would have blown that bubby out by now! :p

14. TJbear

TJbear New Member

So .... Still no foal :( had a vet visit yesterday to make sure all was ok. We are all now thinking maybe she fell preg in her next cycle, makes her due around Monday?!

So it will happen I guess lol

I hate not knowing dates but her and bub are very healthy! That's the main thing.

Her signs are - tummy dropping more each day (might touch the ground at this point lol) yesterday and today she is VERY grumpy, she refuses to even get a pat! Udder is still the same (over 3 weeks like that now), vulva seems more loose, tail is higher more often, and tail muscles are very squishy.

Pics tonight ( they are on my phone)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  15. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Some pics from yesterday.......

She now hates me LOL wont look at me anymore........ lol looks smaller but i think it might be the way shes standing, she isnt small by all means LOL
    [​IMG]

Boobies...... havent changed........ been like this for going onto 4wks
    [​IMG]

16. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Boobies are bigger today! Yay ;)

17. ILoveClydesdales

ILoveClydesdales Well-known Member

Can't wait for your baby TJ! She looks like she's carrying an elephant in there :) Fingers crossed it happens shortly for you.

18. Frizzy Mits

Frizzy Mits Active Member

tell her to hurry up lol were all waiting lol

19. TJbear

TJbear New Member

She's very close now! :) tail held high all tge time and slight swelling in the vulva!

I wanna camp in her paddock lol my guess is tomorrow/Monday.

20. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Well we did have rather a big storm this morning, I am surprised she didn't pop during that :D