This will be interesting?!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by TJbear, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

Thats so sad! I have always wondered what had happened. Not a suprise on to why they didn't post on here.

Now I'm really curious as what happened.

BTW....hurry up foalie! and good luck with the birth!

2. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

Gees....... you really cant help your self can you??? goes to show what gossip on the grapevine is like then!!! you shouldnt take it as the whole truth :( TJbear and Arnie have heard it straight from the horses mouth, so I would be inclined to believe them over your back and forth SY gossip. Get a life people and stop being so negative. Bugger off and ruin someone elses thread#(

3. Ouzopuppy

Ouzopuppy Well-known Member

just read through this and all I can say is good luck TJ and I know the feeling they will wait till you have NO hair left and are just about to be admitted to a mental hospital ... and then they may think about foaling down and showing you the precious bundle they are cooking... Don't worry I am still waiting too they have to drop one day!

4. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Ha Nannygoat and your chinese whispers something your are good at them, thats for sure

Best of luck TJbear!! cant wait to see updates and pictures :)

5. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Chinese Whispers, facts, meh they all get blended along the line...you would know that.

6. QH Rulz

QH Rulz Well-known Member

She will prob foal tonight TJ BEAR.... looks like a storm heading our way!

7. Blueline

Blueline New Member

Lol..I'm slow and just read this post.

Good luck TJBear. I think for anyone who is waiting for their mare to foal it is a mixed feeling of excitement and fear.

At the end of the day, no matter what breed or non breed this foal will be, it is evident that he/she already has the best home they could possible be in as your responses show that you do care.

I have a friend who bought a mare many years ago that was going to be dogged because her breeder thought she was ugly. That mare produces beautiful foals every time and they do well in the show ring too. Now that's karma in purest form.

So I hope that as you have also done a good deed for that one unwanted horse, that it is returned in it's purest way and that both the mare and her foal turn out to be the best kids ponies in the world !!

8. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Yeah same here......ahaha

I find it bizzare that in this day and age if a pregnancy is suspected, why anyone wouldn't get a vet to confirm or dismiss it!!!!

Seriously the cost involved far outweigh the potential for disaster if the mare does turn out to be in foal.

Its totally irresponsible for any mare owner who suspects a pregnancy and who fails to get a vet check. Basic animal welfare standards apply and its up to mare owners to know the health status of their mares.

9. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Honestly the horse world has gone flipping stupid it seems to me the internet is just a place for gossip and bullshit so bloody wrong#(

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Actually the fact that they made a big deal of the pregnancy then went quiet once she still hadn't popped a fair while after the "due date" made a lot of people assume that the mare was in fact not pregnant - since they refused to get a vet to confirm one way or the other. What else would you think if they don't see fit to update you?

TJbear, hopefully your mare will put you out of your misery soon :) It is bad enough waiting for a foal when you know the due date! At least you know that she is in fact pregnant and an approximate time LOL.

11. EVP

EVP Gold Member

And if and when something goes horribly wrong they wonder why?
    If you have no idea of "due dates" how can you possibly have an idea as to when you might be needed to support or act during a foaling?

Nature is terribly cruel even if you wrap them in cotton wool. But to deny a horse the basic right to adequate care with adequate safety, AND the expectation of an adequate outcome - well these people shouldn't own horses IMO.

Same applies to people who act and/or treat without consulting their vet and who then contribute to a horrible outcome. Attending to ones horses in a manner that gives them quick, painless and conclusive disgnosis so that an outcome is positive is our duty......Way too many stories of people flying by the seat of their pants ALL at the expense of their horses - especially their mares!

12. Exister

Exister Active Member

TJBear everytime I see someone has posted in this thread i get extremely excited.... then dissapointed when it isnt you telling us that she has popped one out!!! Haha i cant imagine how exciting and frustrating it is for you, i wanna see the bub already! Your mare reminds me very much of one we have, a chestnut riding pony called Annie.... fyi every foal she has had has gone on to win at royal shows **)

13. TJbear

TJbear New Member

fingers crossed the storm today send her into foaling.............. can only hope lol

Im off to my other work today too (Human Birth Support lol) so 2 babies today would be awesome lol

I like to know everything so the fact that the "mating" wasnt seen therefore the dates are rough is driving me nuts!

I will take some pics of her again today and show you the progress.......... its boring though lol slow and steady! *#)

14. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

LOL The waiting's killing us too TJbear.
    Still, they say good things come to those who wait :p

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Tell me about it! I have a mare due on the 8th October - except she usually foals 2 weeks early! At the moment I am thinking she is going to make me be on foal watch all through the Perth Royal Show and then foal later than her due date as she is really not doing anything much at all! And I know when her due date is - as I said before, I would hate not knowing :p

16. jumpingeventer

jumpingeventer Well-known Member

Come on little girl pop out that baby already!

17. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Pictures for updates........... yesterday her belly went pointy! her udder has been small bagged up for coming into 3wks now.

Taken 19/09/11 (start of her due "week")
    [​IMG]

Taken 29/09/11
    [​IMG]

Sorry about her hairyness lol still been a bit chilly so doesnt seem to be parting with her winter coat too quickly.

18. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Note to self.... take photos AFTER her brush and a bath! lol

19. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

Thanks for putting photos up, somehow now I think there'll be less people speculating that it's a phantom pregnancy now!

Fingers crossed you don't have too long to wait

20. TJbear soon all your worries will be over,:D
    I hope that everything will go perfectly well for you.:)
    It would be a good time to worm the mare with an alternative wormer (approx 1 week before foaling).
    Cheers and good luck.
    lena