This will be interesting?!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by TJbear, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TJbear

TJbear New Member

In a week Im picking up a mare that I have bought as the owners needed her gone asap and i didnt want her to go to the doggers or anything.

Shes a QH x Australian Stock Pony 13hh

Shes been running with a stallion that is a Precheron x MINI! yep you heard that right! :confused:

so this little foal will be a QH x ASP x Percheron x Mini

will see how it goes shall we.

Im abit worried about it being so mixed, do you see any major problems that i will need to watch for.

the colour will be interesting too as shes chestnt and hes like a steel grey roan colour!

2. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

dont count your chickens till after a preg test! you may be lucky and not have a little bitza to worry about (although i would love to see such a mix, could be anything from a gorgeous heavyweight pony to a percheron head on a pony body with a quarter horse arse!)

3. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ! love it !....can we see some pics when you pick her up ??? lol dont forget to get pics of her Sire & Dam & a photo of the foals Sire ??? **)

Good for you for giving her a home. ;)

Cheers
    Lee

4. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Well im hoping for a neg test but they are pretty convinced, and so am I.

The mix match of body part is a worry HAHAHA

5. TJbear

TJbear New Member

Will def be sharing pics :)

Shes a stunner :) im not used to little ones so will see how i go with a 13hh horse for a change lol shes going to be very little!

I have pics of him, but will now ask if i can see pics of Her Dam and Sire.

the stallion shes running with has a Persheron mum and mini dad, and Her Sire is the ASP and Dam is the QH

Shes a very stocky mare.

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

You'll probably get the most perfectly proportioned horse anyone has ever seen :p LOL!

Goodluck either way :).

7. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

why even bother??:confused: sorry to be a cynic but surely there are better choices out there and we can let some of them go....

8. milzenzab

milzenzab Active Member

I brought a mini mare 24 inches that is due to drop her foal within the next 11 weeks. She could of been mated to a camel, for all I know as the people I brought her off have no idea????????????????????????????????? I brought her because I wanted to put my stallion over her. But that will have to wait until this season.

9. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

but why even give people like that your money in the first place and buy off someone reputable instead? Just feeds their addiction.

Perhaps just ignore me....I just lost a well bred filly so I probably shouldn't be posting on here in this frame of mind.

Does my head in how a person can take every precaution to breed sensibly and correctly in good facilities and have nothing but heartache and then you see these pieces of shite born in absoulte haphazard setups that don't even possess a leave of grass, never had a vet check, cry poor man's wage all the time, and the foal will be born into an absolute pile of snot and still grow up and never have a sick day in it's lefe probably all without even a simple checkup or a vaccination course. The way the world works sometimes I'll just never understand.....and then we go and give these people our hard earned cash for their efforts?!? They are laughing at us I think.

10. Hugs KPF, sorry to read about it.:(

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

24" WOW!

That's extremely tiny for a mature mare, my smallest mare is 29/30" & she's tiny enough.

Your girl isn't "dwarfy" at all?

12. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Am sorry to hear about your foal :(, i've been there as have many SY members etc - it's just a kick in the guts. :(

I agree with all you have said except the comment above, our property contains no grass, certainly not in summer & we get a bit of ground cover but that's it.
    Our soil is hard & compacted & dry & even when we put hay crops in, we didn't get the best out of it.
    Doesn't mean we should breed a foal... ';'

13. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

loosely termed remaani, our property is also dry in summer - probably very similar to yours, but as you say, still has a form of ground covering and not just destroyed topsoil down to bare dirt where foals and neonatals have to reside. A generalisation as a whole, not to be picked apart from those 'seeking' to take offence as I explained to Milzenab. Shall I remove it then?

14. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I'm struggling to believe that two of these threads are for real tonight :( I hope I am being cynical....but then again, I hope for any foals' sake, that I am right ';'

Really...a mini x Percheron? Was it AI'd cos ....as I said...reallyyyy?? ';'

15. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I def haven't taken offence nor seeked it - you'd need to say more than that LOL, with the last 7 wks my family/myself have been thru, it's certainly made me stronger. :)*

So no need to remove. **)

LOL Wattle, if there's a willY, there's a way? ';' *#) God, the mind boggles!

16. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I'm sure you can register it something warmblood :p

Just kidding, I haven't stirred in a while.

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss KPF, I admire your horses and foals online and you sound like you do everything by the book. Must be heart breaking to lose one :(

17. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Im just trying to envision a mini stally impregnating a percheron mare...how does this happen? ';'

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  18. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Well I am thinking is this going to turn into the mmm....
    Opps silly me just read your reply babe - Great golden minds think alike - lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  19. ArBeeBar

ArBeeBar Active Member

My sincere wishes that this mare has a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Only thoughts are... Why? What would entice a person to want to breed this variation of breeds?

Accidents certainly do happen. No doubt about that. But as owners/breeders we do have some control.

Again, wishing this foal to be healthy and bring much joy to you.

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

as far as I know their is no such thing as an Australian Stock pony:confused: