Think Fly

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Maree4, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I am about to try a new product called "think fly". You feed it to your horse to keep flies at bay. We have had one person give feed back that it is working well so i will see how good it is.
    For the price i hope it works......

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. kat.loves.omes

kat.loves.omes Active Member

hey maree4, ive been thinking of trying this product so be sure to keep us updated!! how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking? pm me if you like

3. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

It's $99.95 for a 4kg bucket which will last 40 feeds. You feed 100gm a day. Because my boy gets a nasty reaction to flies i am happy to give it a go... I will keep ypu posted...

4. Antyk

Antyk Well-known Member

Let me know how it goes Vee, we could probably do with some of it down here for one of ours if it works

5. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Will do :)* Starting it as of tomorrow.

6. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

must go and pick mine up

7. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

how does it work????

8. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

At $2.50 per day, the price has more of a sting than a fly bite!!:confused: :confused:

9. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I am not sure but obviously it works from the inside out, sort of like feeding garlic, so it makes their sweat not so nice for the flies. Flies are attracted to moisture thats why the go for the eyes, nostrils etc so i am guessing thats how it works.
    Winnie can be the guinea pig and will report back how it works. There was an article in the latest hoof beats about it.;)

10. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Just saw your post Caroline.

True, but my boy comes up in horrible lumps, that i have only ever seen a cortisone shot relieve them, i have tried everything. And if it costs that much to make him more comfortable then so be it.;)

11. Antyk

Antyk Well-known Member

I have found that a fly mesh combo rug and fly veil can work very well, but I am think that the fly veil needs a nose covering to keep them off that area.

12. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Even with rugs on he gets bitten, he has two fly mesh combo rugs, and he is a very hot horse that sweats even in one of those...

13. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

I hope it works Vee, sounds great if it does. No more sprays etc.

Look forward to hearing how it goes, how long do they say it takes before it has an effect??

14. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I don't think it did but i am going to give it 2 weeks to get through the system and see.....

15. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Have you spoken to an equine naturopath or herbalist for other options. That product is a glorified mix of herbs, minerals etc. Is it swabbable???

16. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

No its not swabbable, and i have tried everything from chemical sprays to herbal sprays and oils, i feed garlic, it is a fly alergy that unfortunately he has inherited his mum has it too. The only thing that helped the lumps was cortisone, and i don't want him on that monthly.
    I must admit i am a little sceptical but i can't say it no good unless i have tried it. It may be the right mix that works for him, it may not.;)

17. Paint8

Paint8 Well-known Member

I will be watching for an update.. my old horse gets hammered every summer by the flies!

If it works then it is worth the money!

18. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I will definately post an update at weekly intervals than. :)*

19. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

It does sound interesting Maree4, do you know what the product is made of?
    Would really like to know, thanks.:)

20. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Well this is what it says on the packaging.
    Devon bank, no artificial colours and non- GM.
    Suitable for all horses in any ration, its made in the UK and it is a unique all natural formula composed of carefully blended concentration of herbs and essential oils.

It also says "you may note a change in your horses natural oodour, but so will the flies.

Thats it thats all i can tell you.

Welcome to Denis Brinicombe

IT BLOODY STINKS