The OTT horse

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by EVP, Sep 16, 2010.

1. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

Are you talking about Sub Zero?? Won the Melbourne Cup in 92.

2. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

Me Too!! life would be sweet!

3. Horseagilitywa

Horseagilitywa Well-known Member

Maybe... I thought it was a kiwi horse... I remember one as a kid, unless he raced over there.

4. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Subbie was my favourite horse and I watched him race and then got to see him once as he became a Clerk of the Course horse. He loved carrots and apparently the Goveror General used to love taking a carrot with him whenever he did an official thing at the race course.

5. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

I have had to remove the last two posts... no bickering please or i will have to lock!

6. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Oh bugger, I always miss the good stuff:p:p

7. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

LOVE Kentucky Horse Park! We lived a couple of hours north of there and went a few times just to drool over the grounds and facilities!! :D

8. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Did you see the strides of Man O War.........huge!

The grounds are beautiful and the horses look so happy being pampered.
    Its one place I will definately visit again..........in the Spring this time!

9. MOW was a huge horse himself, no wonder his stride was proportional to his size.:D

10. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

speaking of OTT horses, i just got asked by a person who has never owned a horse herself, if i think she should buy a 9 yr old, successful country racer, for her kids to learn on cos he is such a sweetie on the ground and (her words) ONLY 16.1hh and $500 with all his tack.

i gave her my opinion (which was no way in hell) and suggested she find a crossbred all rounder of about 14.2hh that they can all ride.

i have a feeling ill be hearing how she bought the big boy tho, just cos he looks nice nad is friendly on the ground, so they will be able to keep him in thier backyard adn let the kids play as usual out there.

11. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Oh dear...........and they say animals are dumb. :}

12. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

*bangs head on brick wall*

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

And this really sweet on the ground horse ending up at the knackery cuz he bolted on the kids too many times and they become terrified of him *rolls eyes*

Here is a pic of my little 100% physically sound (not so sure I would say mentally sound yet but he is getting better :p) OTTB. He has just turned 4yo and of the few TB's I have owned, he is the soundest one of them all. He has been off the track since 19 Dec 2009 so about 10 and a bit months and had a fair amount of work now and still no way would I ever allow a beginner near him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i love your horse, bayley. i think he's gonna match up with mine.

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Aww thanks Juanita! Maybe one day they will have to do a Pas Deux!