The FIRST LUSITANO BORN IN WA :-)

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by CDA, Dec 11, 2013.

1. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

bit of a foal brag :-D

Jaguar VDS was born on 6/12/13 by Saphiro (IFS) out of Favorita ( Venturoso imp Brazil and Safada imp Portugal).

Our little buckskin colt is the first PSL (pure Lusitano) born in WA.

There are now four purebreds in the state and still only less than 100 horses Australia wide.
    Villa Do Sol Lusitano Stud and Dressage Stables are very very proud of mum and bub and we cant wait for the same mating hopefully in sept/oct 2014.

2. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

3. valdez

valdez Well-known Member

Very, very nice CDA, I wouldn't mind that in my paddock. I would be proud too. Can't wait to see him grow up

4. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I have always had a bit of a 'thing' for the Lusitano after becoming entranced with thier pics in my old breeds of the world books.

Love to see this chappie as he grows into that head lol

5. Lol nanny*#) when he fills out in the bum the head would look balanced:)

6. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Have said this elsewhere but congrats he is a stunner. Can't believe the length of his legs.

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Not so much :) They're quite an uphill type :) I've been admiring his photos for a few days CDA :wub:

8. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

thanks guys.

yep he is a real gem... very confident...nice straight legs and a beautiful correct Lusitano head.

interestingly he has greeny blue eyes...im thinking he inherited the chamoagne gene from his Dad who carries it...so his eyes should turn amber as he matures.

i promise i will keep posting photos

9. Katsin

Katsin Active Member

Very lovely! He is NOT in my paddock if he is missing. I would even give up my Arabs for this one. Congratulations.

10. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

Very, very cute. I might be having to save my $$ and buy a Lusitano for my next horse. I have always loved them but the more I see of them, the more I fall in love all over again. :) Can't wait to see more pics :)

11. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

Daddy

[​IMG]

mummy
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  12. CDA

CDA Well-known Member

13. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

He is gorgeous, congrats.
    I too have always had a thing for Lusitanos and just like Nannygoat its all because of the old breed books I had a s a child.

14. Brucey

Brucey New Member

Gorgeous! :wub:
    Congrats CDA **)