Team Penning Byford 16 Jan 5pm - Entries Open!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by HorseSlave, Dec 4, 2009.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Chocollo, your boy definitely did look like he enjoyed it :)* Placing are only if you manage to pen cattle ;)

And for anyone interested in having a go they are planning on having a clinic the week prior (depending on ground availability) to each competition.

2. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

l cant wait to give it a try, will definitely be buying a stock saddle the way the horses twist and turn

some of the those steers were sneaky lil devils.

Diva just looked to clean and well dressed to be stockhorse lol least she is living up to her name. Lucky Diva, her mum won a sparkly black saddle cloth in the raffle.

Anyone see the big car accident think it was at ranford rd on the highway, one car looked like it had been cut in half

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

The accident was on Armadale Road :( It didn't look very nice at all.

And Fuddles you are well aware that with palominos you can't get away with taking them out in public unwashed like you can a bay/brown or even chestnut! :D

4. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

Yes Fuddles I drove past it. It was at the Armadale Rd lights. Armadale side. It looked very bad indeed. Fire trucks, ambulances, police every where.

5. fuddles

dammmm are you telling moi l cant tale moi pallies out grotty #(helll and here l was thinking that finally l found a sport where grubby was sozilly acceptable:confused: next ya will be saying that l will have to wear deodorant. lol

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL there is nothing saying you can't take them out grubby... unless you are like me and pedantic about that kind of thing :p

7. fuddles

easy will drop grubby horse off at your place and you can klean them for us while l have a :}

8. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

Heh heh - well, Abbey and I sucked all over the place - and I managed to be the only faller-offer for the night - but it was still fun :)
    But I think while I was on the ground, the whole herd of cows may have trampled me... It's the only thing that accounts for how stiff and sore I am today! (getting old certainly couldn't have anything to do with it)
    Nice meeting people - and Mirawee, your Diva pony is gorgeous :)*

9. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

My OH ( who gets major BF points for coming to his 1st horsey event when he is ver NON horsey!! ) thinks he could start a business getting peoples float lights working at these events!! - he got mine fixed during week, then jennys werent working then Sara's werent either! was bit worried driving thru that accident that the lack of lights on sara's float mite get her in trouble.. i guess they had more important things to do. we saw one car had rolled straight thru the lights pole by the looks of it. not good..

Mirawee - i was soo stoked with my 1st 2nd ( and 3rd in training round ) but concidering i did 7 runs all up.. thats not too prize hoggin! :p
    its so nice to be at such a friendly event where everyone has such a great time!
    oh, thought we were expecting water baloons!

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL, no I guess you didn't really hog too many prizes.

It is definitely a nice relaxed affair :) And it is great to see the more experienced competitors in teams with less experienced competitors to help them out as well :)* Although it would be great to see a run with three experienced cow ponies in the team!

11. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

Mirawee - the practice sessions are still in the pipeline - keep an eye on the website as details should go up when something is organised.

Only got some photos of before - too busy riding after that :)

Collaring cattle - look closely and you may spot Nannoo
    [​IMG]

Floats everywhere
    [​IMG]

Cows sporting fashion accessories:
    [​IMG]

Watching :)
    [​IMG]

Now I really AM going to go and have a nap!

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Bugger about the wind coming up Horseslave to disturb your sleep. I guess that means you didn't go to the beach on the way home either LOL. It was lovely when competing though :)

I like your "Watching" photo :)*

13. paintedhoney

paintedhoney Well-known Member

when is the next one?? Nanoo- did u do it on forest?? Maybe we could have a team paintbred??

14. Nannoo

Nannoo Well-known Member

Most certainly did... although he wasn't as fit as needed be.

A painted team sounds like an excellent idea! **)

15. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

Nannoo - meant to say thanks for letting me stand in for your last run! Mirawee - was that one that we placed??
    some pics the OH got...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ( if anyone has photoshop feel free to un -dust it and pm to me :)*)
    [​IMG]
    Abbey havin hissy fit with shadowkat!

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Debonair, no, we placed in the second round - the balloted team.

In the extra round we got (you replacing Nannoo and myself replacing a guy who didn't end up coming) we got close, but not close enough!, to penning 3 :D

LOL, I did find it funny that Debonair was in every team I was :) Although Diva thought it was cool that she could rely on "uncle" Chip for comfort :)*

17. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

Results are up on the WATPA site, under the results section (obviously!).