Team Penning Byford 16 Jan 5pm - Entries Open!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by HorseSlave, Dec 4, 2009.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yay, I got my draw info from HS so now am even more excited :D Although not so impressed by the fact that we are first on ROFL. At least we will get to see the cattle prior to them being worked up (or is that calmed down?) by everyone else :)*

2. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

Thanks for the offer Saltriver, How do we get the draw details?? Horseslave have you got the inside info??

Isn't it always the way. Had to pull the OH's Appy out of the paddock today as my bloke has gone and knocked his knee and its swelled a bit. Typical. It might be ok but I'm not holding my breath.:(

3. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

Well, I've only ridden Miss Abbey once in the past month, at the beach last week, so we'll hardly be working in tune :)

4. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

You can get the draw from the alternate website that I've been trying to update - WATPA under the news & events section. Just bear in mind that it's not set in concrete, things often change at the last moment (as Chocollo can vouch for - hope your horse is okay!).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Bugger Chocollo! I actually had Diva at the vet today to make sure she would be ok to compete as she has a small lump at the top of her tendon on both front legs! With her foot issues as well at the moment I was stressing but it is all good :)

6. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

hmm, well i figured i would give chip good work out at beach this morn and get him clean for tomorrow... i couldnt catch the b***ard!!! so took miss abbey instead - Chip is now lockin in the yard so he cant run away from me tomorrow!

7. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

Thanks horseslave I got the draw off the WATPA site. :))

We're going to the beach in the morning to have a bath too.:D My big bloke will be ok, the swelling has nearly gone and he is not sore on it but I think he could do with a few more days off so I'll be on the odd looking appy tomorrow. We had a bit of a practice with the neighbours' cattle tonight and that went OK. :)

8. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

Well my pony is washed, brushed and trimmed and looking pretty. Oh He may be scared of cows and only little but at least when people laugh it will be worth it. LOL I'll be laughing with them I'm sure.

Sounds like a few Stockies are having difficulties I hope everyone makes it. See you all there.

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL CJ, I have just gotten home from looking at thoroughbred mares and buying some stuff.

Still have to wash Diva and pack the car ROFL.

10. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

went down for a look this evening and I must say the daughter is working out who to get organised for a team!! Might need to take Saltriver up on the cow lessons tho as I dont think any of the ponies would know what a cow is! Looked like loads of fun and really enjoyed watching, I reckon if a Welsh Cob can cut cattle so can a Highland pony!!:D:)) What were the final results?

11. casperjesse

Well I just got back and Go the Welsh Cob. He had a ball. It was both his and my first time and we loved it. I would love to be able to get some practice in as those cows are a little bit slippery.lol. I am sure if my boy can do it then so can a highland pony.**)

12. raindear

raindear Well-known Member

LOL anyone that says that cow are dumb need to go watch them in action*#) cunning little critters some of them!

13. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I went down for a look-see too.
    Casperjesse your little fella is such a sweetheart.
    He really looked to enjoying chasing those cows.
    It looked like a lot of fun but without having had some practise on some cattle somewhere, I won't be throwing my T/B in there anytime soon :p

Mirawee your Diva is just divine **)

14. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

was an awsome eve! I was sooo pleased with Chip! ( miss Abbey was another story mind u :) )
    Chip had a ball and was loving it!
    i have some pics will post in mornin... off to sleep now!

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yep had a great time :) Particularly in the third round (where I got an extra go to stand in for someone :D) as Diva was much more relaxed LOL.

Prizes were nice and spread around... except for Debonair getting second in my team in the second round and then first in the other one! Prize hog ROFL. Although I can't complain since I won the raffle as well LOL.

Just downloading some pics as well...

Thanks ZaZa :) I do love my little show pony come cow pony!

16. casperjesse

Well I had a fantastic time.

I just wanted to give a huge Thankyou to Shadowkat and Choccollo for making up a team with me. Shadowkat I hope you aren't to sore this morning (Miss abbey was a bit naughty)

And also a THANKYOU to the organisers and everyone who made the night possible. It was a lovely atmosphere for everyone. I met some lovely new people and caught up with some I've already met before.

I will be going again for sure with my brave Welsh Cob who now thinks cows are fun too:D

17. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

Just got home after a sleepless night of nearly being blown away in our tent - thank God the wind didn't come until after we were finished! Off to have some sleep, then will start trying to sort through the video my OH took. Well done stockies one & two!

18. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Some photos... Diva first since it was a friend of mine taking them but she did manage to get photos of a couple of other Stockies as well :)

Stockhorse Diva...

[​IMG]

Getting the cattle who have never seen horses used to them LOL...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three Stockyard Members (Myself, Shadowcat and Debonair).

[​IMG]

Horseslave's boy telling everyone that he knew what do do!

[​IMG]

And 2 penned cows! Pity the rail is in the way LOL.

[​IMG]

If you want photos removed just ask.

19. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Looks like so much fun!!

20. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

I had an awesome time :D. Casperjesse and shadowkat thanks for having me in your team. It was so much fun. I was very surprised there was no pigrooting from my mount. I guess he didn't want to take his eye off the cattle. ;)

Nice to catch up with you Horseslave. Everyone was so friendly and it made for a really enjoyable event. Had to go before the presentations so I don't know where we came but possibly last as we didn't pen anything hehe ;).

For anyone thinking about having a go. Definately do, its heap of fun. You'd be surprised how well the green horses cope with it.:)*