Team Penning Byford 16 Jan 5pm - Entries Open!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by HorseSlave, Dec 4, 2009.

1. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

The title says it all :) Under lights (to beat the heat) at Byford Rodeo grounds.

Entry forms available here West Australia Team Penners Association under the forms heading.

Come along and give it a go. Entries close 10th Jan or when 20 teams of 3 have entered, whichever comes first.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. HorseSlave

Just done my second entry - which will be with Stockies members Mirawee and Debonair - TEAM STOCKIES!!

In case you missed it in the December WATPA thread - here's the video from Bullsbrook on 5 Dec:

YouTube - WATPA Team Penning Bullsbrook Dec 09

And YES - it IS as much fun as it looks :) :)

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I will be sending my entries tomorrow... I forgot to get "real names" for the entry forms off FB! I don't think they will except the entry if I put HorseSlave and Debonair, do you? :D

4. HorseSlave

LOL - that might be testing things a bit :) I've put my entry in with TEAM STOCKIES as the name and our real names, so to be interesting, you could just write TEAM STOCKIES and descriptions of our horses..... "the girl on the other pali" and "the girl with the black horse that looks like Nannoo's twin"

Or I could just be boring and PM you... ;)

5. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

Oh I so want to do this but don't really have anything to ride. But my mate is keen and has a horse so if anyone needs a third rider let me know!!

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

PWF, if you really want to have a go just put the entry in without a team :)

You get 3 rounds and the second round isn't with your nominated team anyway :) The 1st round is down as "practice/coaching run" so not sure if that is with your nominated team or not... HorseSlave can you fill us in please? :D

7. HorseSlave

First round is a "practice run". The first time at Byford they gave us 5 minutes instead of 2, at Bullsbrook they gave us 3 minutes instead of 2, not sure if we'll get 2 or 3 minutes at Byford this time. And yes, the 1st and 3rd run are with your nominated team and the middle run is a random team.

If you don't know anyone to team up with, doesn't matter, just enter yourself and they'll find a team for you - and if you get on well with that team you can enter the same team for next time, or just continue to be a floater if you prefer that. I got on great with my first team (neither of whom I'd met before the event) so we've entered together again. Also got on great with the other stockies so entered a separate team with them also. So basically I'll be doing 6 runs at Byford :)

The first and third runs are also run in a flip mirror order... that is, if you're the last team in the first round, you'll be the first team in the last round.

Basically PWF - just tell your mate to enter - it won't matter if she's with a team or not - she'll be put in one :)

8. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

I'd love to have a crack at this one day! We'd be pretty terrible though...

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I am pretty sure they are going to have another clinic early next year :) That is the best way to get your horse exposed to it and learn what you have to do :)*

Hopefully your lucky runs will be with Team Stockies at Byford HorseSlave :D

10. Cowgirl_9

Cowgirl_9 Active Member

I hope so:) I really want to give this a go!!

11. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

Is there any other stockies that want to go??@) Am quite happy to be put in a team but would it be fun the make up another stockies team. Bucking mad are you goin??:p Maybe we could hook up with Playing with Fire to make up another stockies team. What do you think??

12. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

If Debonair lends me Abbey, I'll come and make up a second Stockies team :)

13. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

Shadowcat, Debonair has already suggested to me that you take Abbey and team up with me as I am going if space allows. So 1 more Chocollo and we have a team. Go Stockies

14. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

SK & CJ u n C can be team stockies 2! nannoo, equest and is ur friend on appy stockies too??? can be team stockies 3!
    CJ and SK i have let jenny marsh know u want in... not heard back from her yet, and will get forms to u CJ :)

15. PPH

PPH Guest

I have to check but I'm pretty sure that it's the same dat as the WA cuttinghorse association champoinship show and area workoffs which will count me out I'm afraid. Missed the last one too, bugger!!!

16. Sambaz

Sambaz New Member

For some reason I thought that this was on the same weekend as the Barker draft...........but now I see thatit's the weekend after :D

So I'll have to check my work roster but if I can I'll be there, maybe we'll have enough for another stockies team lol.

17. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

Shadowkat, Casperjesse, we have a team **) I don't have the forms yet but will get onto it shortly. We enter individually yeh??

Did I mention that I haven't done TP before??:D But the neighbours have booked me & OH to get their small mob in so I will hopefully get a bit more cattle practice in soon. :)

18. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

OOH! I would LOVE to give this a go on Rahni one day! It looks like awesome fun. I think I shall come down and watch you girls in action for this one, and see if I think I could be up for it lol. Im just a bit scared Rahni might get mistaken for one of the cows PMSL!!

19. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

yeh you should give it go!! i took annie to cutting practice..she never even seen a cow before...i had a blast..i really want a QH one day...

[​IMG]

the cows were giving us strange looks..must of been thinkin.."what the hell is on this horses feet?"

20. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

Choccollo Yay We have a team. I've sent you a pm about entering our team on my entry forms.

I am looking forward to it. Sounds and looks like so much fun. **)