Teaching a Horse to Lie down

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by Sweety, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smash

smash Well-known Member

teach me to read the WHOLE POST
    *slaps EVP around the head a few times*
    now repeat after me "NCIS, NCIS, NCIS"
    ok ya got it, LOL LOL LOL
    all saints *cough* *spew* *vomit*
    cant believe you watch that crap LOL LOL LOL

2. EVP

EVP Gold Member

OK you caught me out.......I also like House. But my fav show is Greys Anatomy.....and Supernatural, and the ultimate True Blood on Austar.

Any vampire lovers will love that one!

The best acting and one-liners I have seen in yonks.

3. smash

smash Well-known Member

*shakes head at the emptiness IN YOUR LIFE* mmm (might need to shake myself at the emptiness in my life) cause i like
    bones
    NCIS
    CSI
    and i LOVE the real life crime ones LOL LOL LOL
    top gear
    mythbusters (god they are mad arnt they) LOL
    need i go on ??
    LOL

4. lia4466

lia4466 New Member

You know what is great about teaching your horse to count smile bow and lay down.

It takes their mind off of how board they are sometimes.

Do you have a horse that paws the ground impaciently, while they dry after a bath.

Teach them to count or say no. It keeps them thinking and they start to look for cues instead of being board.
    They stop pawing and start checking out what your up to.:)*]

You get to laugh along with them, instead of ignoreing or scolding the behaviour, you can chanel it.

Its a great tool for these ponies that have ants in their pants.

5. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Smash...EVP can and has been just as blunt..as Beks has seen in the past.. so back up a few months in posts and have a look...

everyone has an oppion..whether it is right or wrong by the OP, other posters & readers...but NOT everyone Sugar coats their posts..and EVP is a classic for not doing just that...and it DOES gets up ppls noses...

maybe you should also say..EVP more TACT is needed when posting ! as there ARE children who come on here **)

enjoying NCIS **)

Lee

6. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Nope, EVP has been very professional about Beks and your rude and personal comments. You call your posts tactful City? Well, not in this thread... ;)

Smash, you deserve the cake and don't have to share lol. **)

If my post goes up your nose CG, so it is... *#) I'm honest, have a bowl of sugar next to you before reading lol. :p

7. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

lmao...HT...you to need to go back...just a few pages..and have a look at the times EVP has posted a comment..then..look at the time she came back in and Edited it or removed it..OMG :confused:..but other ppls have already seen what she has originally posted, and yes it hits a nerve. AND can be very RUDE...EVP when she puts thought into her posts..is and can be very informative.. ;)

yes you are honest HT..and so am I all the time **)...EVP is not a very Tactful person..and has upset a few ppls...MANY A TIME #(...even when she was Bindi on here a couple of years ago **)

No thanks I dont take Sugar..lol lol lol buy me a pink-iced bun instead **):p

Cheers
    Lee

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  8. PPH

PPH Guest

You don't have to go back far CG lol

"I think the condition is called "incontinence"..... ahahahahahaha"
    "Please don't assume that your place on MY radar is any greater than one finger......
    Some people just don't rate from where I sit...."

As these comments made by EVP earlier show, she's been very proffesional :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  9. smash

smash Well-known Member

i saved you a crumb HT LOL
    now did you want to know what i thought of tonights NCIS ??? boring lol
    but i sat through it anyway, but "lie to me" is on now
    YIPPEEEEEE
    i bet EVP has fallen asleep watching "all saints" lol lol lol (i know i would) he he he

10. Horsetalk

City, you took it well, I like I like I like lol. Pink iced bun coming up lol. **) :D

Feeding Smash the last bit of cake, good girl. :)* She must have fallen asleep, I don't watch much TV but I do like House lol.

11. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Strangely, I was not very surprised to see the association between Horsetalk, EVP, Trojane and smash.....

meh! *#)

To the OP (and to EVP) when u own the horse, u rule the horse, for better or for worse....and I think your interest and curiosity far exceed all these disciplinarians!

12. EVP

EVP Gold Member

BM those sentiments still stand and were in reply to your self admitted "baiting" in the previous post.
    As well as the crack about finger time.
    You rattled the cage and got what you expected.
    Please spare us the outraged and surprise....

And yes....On my radar you don't even bleep.....lolololol

13. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement:confused:

Perhaps you could explain it?

Ta

14. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Citygirl, please that drum you keep beating is about to bust.......lolol

Tact...........you're joking right?

The whole issue is that some people do not like to be disagreed with......and when they don't have anything constructive to add in a concise and adult manner they get defensive and start shouting about "rude".

Nothing to do with tact and everything to do with bias. Children on here.....another joke right.....arn't they supposed to be over 13? If you're now going to insinuate that I injure children with my posts you best be careful......thats got to be worthy of an award!!

Its a poor excuse for not being able to continue the discussion with anything other than rot.

BTW I am Bindi.......its my name (not sure where the "few years comes into it"......ahahahaha :p The EVP is my stud.

Everyone know it....no secrets there......ahahahahah

So why is it so distastful that a few other people might agree with my take on the whole bowing/lie down issue.......gee maybe everyone who disagrees with someone is a trouble maker now?

CG you're doing my head in.......lololol ahahahahaha*#)
    SORRY..........I don't delete my posts.....never have. Perhaps you should take that issue up with mods, they seem to have removed a few of yours over the time haven't they?

If I state it, its there.....

On that note........:)*

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  15. PPH

PPH Guest

Good to see your staying as proffesional as ever :)

No outrage, just pointing out that you can be as rude as the next person, and yes I got what I expected from you. :) thank you for staying true to form.

For someone who doesn't even bleep on your radar, I must rock your cage enough to warrant the sarcasm and your post. :p;)

Bait you?.... I don't need to bait you EVP.

Please don't play the dying duck in the storm :)

And I believe CG was talking in reference Bindi123 and Bindis Back, your earlier stockyard names. I believe they were banned, unless I'm mistaken and that wasn't you. Appoligies if this is the case. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  16. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

17. Horsetalk

What association wattle lol, please explain? :confused:

So you would be the one to offer helpful advise, if things go wrong in training the horse to lay down, because the owner thinks it's cool to do so? ;)

I'm glad I'm not in your shoes, all the reponsibilities to train horses over the net lol. *#) It's so wrong to do this to a horse, because you think you can. It does not make it right, respect your horse...

18. smash

smash Well-known Member

*passing a tissue to HT*
    *passing a tissue to EVP*
    *passing a tissue to trojane* (poor baby doesnt even know she is included)
    *passing a tissue to me*
    i think *sniff* we have been insulted *sniff*

19. PPH

PPH Guest

Box of tissues anyone? :)

just about anything we want to teach our horses can be scewed up in the wrong hands.

What about when things go wrong teaching them to float load, I've seen some very sad cases of ppl trying to load their horses, as they resort to whips and ropes to force the horse on.

Or to tie up or lead, again, not done properly they can have long lasting consequences for the horse ie, dislocated neck

Teaching them to jump, breaking them in, teaching a stallion to serve a mare, hosing down, rugs being put on and off, clipping them, the list continues, every day things perhaps but all things we teach our horses, and all things that have the potential to go wrong.

Is it anymore wrong to do these things to a horse because we can?
    Just because we do does not make it right, nor does it mean we disrespect our horses.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  20. smash

smash Well-known Member

aaahhh thank you BM,
    *sniff*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.