TB sires. Who stamps progeny?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Gaia, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

or send off your $50 and photos to RISA :)

2. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

clerrt. My old show mare came from the same stud she is a 93 model. They have lost my girls paperwork and no registry can find her even though the stud swears they bred her.

They only suggest she could be by Jevington as he stood there around the time my mare apprently born. Maybe you could try that one for your boy.

I may even have the breeders direct number still somewhere.

3. I have a Zedrich, he's exactly as described except he is very brave and bold, and quiet. Arrogant pushy SOB when he knows he's got it over you but really quiet! LOL

My other gelding is by Blevic. He's a wonderful horse, most amazing temperament, smart and a real trier. Has anyone else got a Blevic and how do you find them?

4. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

for anyone thats interested this website is trying to put together a bit of a database of sires for performance. You can add your thoughts or just read other peoples not a lot of WA sires ATM.
    Welcome to Thoroughbreds off the track :: View Feedback

It is a bit like wiki where because anyone can add stuff some of it accurate some of it is not and some of it is certianly outdated stuff!!
    There was a better american site but it appears lost in the ether.

5. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

I have an Estamble...His the only one I have ever come across, his a really good jumper and quite pretty. Anyone else had any experiences with this line.

6. cathalli

cathalli New Member

Does anyone have any insight on foals from Muhayaa (USA) 1989. I've just identified my horse as Vainhayaa (AUS) 2000 in another forum and he is out of Muhayaa and Bellvaine. He's a handsome big 16.1 gelding but I was led to believe he was a warmblood x when I bought him so I'm still getting over that. Call me naive!!... I'd love to get any insight that you can share.

7. mihu

mihu Active Member

Didn't Jevington only stand at Karendale and later years at Korilya? and he was also PTS sleep end of 1994/1995 from memory.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  8. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Hi Clerrt :)
    He cant be by Jevington, as all Jevingtons' 1995 babies were all fillies except for one gelding who isnt branded 0AK.

9. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

thanks shiobhan and kiraspark - does it help that he was a big fat quiet chesnut, and quite a few others out of this stallion have been big fat quiet chesnuts

his "half bro" (what ever you call it :p ) was about an 03 ish model, out of the same stallion, so proably not jevington.... anyone else got any other ideas :D ?

10. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

summer do you mean estambul ???

11. Bear_Luva

Bear_Luva Active Member

I have a Catbird gelding, so quiet, reliable, great jumper but crap feet. Big ugly bay too :p

Anyone have exp with Ron Bons?

Ive met a couple and they were fantastic eventers :D

12. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

haha. I used to work with a catbird in QLD. Boxy feet, bay, quiet. But I never rode her.

Have ridden a Ron Bon track wrok a couple times...... alright I spose :eek: Seemed sensible enough. A bit arrogant when she felt like it.

13. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

I have a ron bon mare and she will jump anything i put her at!! Unfortunately im just not that brave lol. She is the best horse eva super quiet (have triple dinked on her and all) not marish. I will never ever sell her!

14. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

haha yepp :)

Scoobs looks a lot like his dad, but did not take on the speed genetics

15. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

I have a Kendal Star that has already kicked one horse to death REALLY REALLY NASTY BAD BAD KICKER but a delight to ride and loves bum scratches GULP !!

16. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

ahh yep ! I know one too !!! bloody beautiful horse, will be out eventing/showjumping next year !!!

17. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

How interesting! **)

My boy is by Carry a Smile and I am suprised at how close you guys got!

Yep! Yep! and Yep! (wish I had read this before going to our first show! rofl)

On the ground - beautiful manners and gentle as! Very careful around people! **)

Again... Yep! (Too smart for me! lol)

And yes, springbok, my boy is grey (flea-bitten)

Will add, not the best feet (may or not be a Carry a Smile trait ';')

18. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

Merrylegs,

I have a Blevic gelding, he isn't the prettiest horse, he is around 16h and quite solid. He is one of the quietest TBs I have ridden, very willing and just happy to go at the pace you ask, he has the smoothest gait and a rocking horse canter:) The only issue he has is a "panic button" whereby he will really over-react if he feels threatened, fortunately over the 3 years I have owned him, his tolerance level has improved immensely.

It sounds contradictory saying he is very quiet when he can also flip out but when he isn't worried he is quiet and doesn't put up a fight about anything. I can leave him 6 weeks and jump on and he is like he was ridden yesterday.

I am hoping with time he will just get better and better with his fright/flight response as he would make an exceptional trail horse:)

Glad to hear your Blevic boy is lovely also:)

My other TB is by Desert Sun, he is a big, strong 16.2 and has a lovely temperament also. He is quite cheeky and we do have to watch his feed as he tends to get a bit hot.

Julie

19. Court Eagle

Court Eagle Well-known Member

Anybody have experiences with Grand Lodge?

20. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

What about Fimiston?