TB sires. Who stamps progeny?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Gaia, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I posted this earlier but here is my experience with Victory Drive offspring - I have heard all the rumours! My boy is a bit hot but very green still and once he knows what is going on he settles very quickly. He is very intelligent, slightly flighty at times but getting better with more exposure, is pretty but... small! I have heard they can have a lot of dirt in them but haven't found this at all with Noddi. From people who have worked with VD himself have all told me he is very pretty and great to handle.

Noddi is only a 3yo so hasn't done any jumping so no idea with how that will work out. A friend also had a lovely Victory Drive mare, again very pretty and won quite a few Supreme Champ TB's. Every time I met her she was always very well behaved.

This is my Victory Drive baby -
    [​IMG]

2. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

I have a Dr. Johnson.......he doesn't jump :eek:, scaredy cat out bush :eek: and rabbits scare the crap out of him :( BUT I love him to bits and he's never let me down if that makes sense *#)

Oh did I mention he pwweeeettttyyyyyy :)*

3. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

Anyone else find Dr Johnson's rough to ride?

I used to ride one for track work, quiet as a mouse, and a purdy one. But my god, it was like riding a camel. :p

4. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Nope, mines lovely to ride, very smooth.

5. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

ARRRR the memories are flooding back...... When I first got him he would have about 6 different canters in one stride!! That was pretty hard to ride, but I've never found him rough to ride. **) Very quick on his feet though *#)

6. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

haha. That sounds like a good description! Rough as guts, especially at the canter. So have you overcome this with your horse through flat work and balancing exercises?

I dont mean rough as in handling in anyway. He was a pure gentleman. In the end, he was the only horse I could ride trackwork, before I gave it up because of my shoulder injury.

7. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Yep we have overcome it, we are official in dressage :p Training (cough cough), Elementary/Medium *#)

8. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

I have had 2 Key Business horses, a mare and a gelding. Both are/were really sensitive, but really honest horses. The mare loves to work, and the more I throw at her the better she goes. The gelding(passed away) didn't have a great life racing so hard to comment on how much was nature and how much was nuture but once I had his trust, he would've done anything for me. They can jump, and can move as well. And my 2 have/had fabulous tails.

I also have a Kendal Star, she's a bit of a thug, and has no respect of personal space. But she is getting better. I don't really get on with the horse, so I can't really think of anything nice to say about her. She does like cuddles though.

I also have a filly by Carpanetto, and she is awesome, only a yearling but takes everything in her stride, and really willing to do anything for me. Great on the ground, but as she's not broken in (and won't be for a while yet) don't know about under saddle. She learns really really fast. She's not going to be big, but has a leg in each corner.

I used to ride a Palace Reign Filly, it was a complete lunatic and put me in hospital. She was great out on her own, but put her with another horse and she lost the plot. I have known a few mares by him that are similar, but the geldings seem to be much better.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  9. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

whats his race name?

10. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

Thanks Kimaley I did see your post earlier just wanted to put it out there that I was interested in hearing about him. Thanks for the picture looks like a really nice horse and confirms more of my suspicions about his offspring, they do all seem to make very good dressage/hack horses. Thanks again!

11. Tblover

Tblover New Member

My friend has a mare by Redding anyone know what they are like?';'

12. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Hey :D
    Hmm work, whats that?! *#) I've just got to find some free time- then I swear it'll happen :p hehe

13. Gamby

Gamby Well-known Member

Ive just bought a Dr Johnson filly and dont find her rough to ride at all, she is pretty comfy. Definitely seems to be living up the reputation of being quiet and sensible. She is big moving too

14. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Doctrinate

15. alex

alex Well-known Member

My DJ has the nicest paces to ride. Naturally very balanced and has excellent collection. All the DJs i've ridden (3) have been lovely to sit on.

16. Mr Fin

Mr Fin New Member

Hi Kiwigirl your boy is very handsom. Looks like he has a very similar front to my Fin. Definately a nice hunter! So interesting to see other horses that are related isnt it! :D

17. championpicks

championpicks New Member

Got to share mine too.....

Hey. look at my horse, it seems it has a resemblance of yours....
    [​IMG]

18. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Championpicks, are you part of the Horses and Horsemen crew? I believe you go around putting shows on for people with these horses? What breeding is the gorgeous grey I suspect Andalusian stallion above? Do you have any other photos of him?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  19. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

i rode horse a while back, brand was 0AK, bred by BK hampton according to state brands register

does anyone know what stallion that foal mightve been out of if he was a '95 baby??

20. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Hi Clert, cant check that far back (by brand only) on the ASB website. Youre only hope is that someone knows the stud and can remember what stallions were standing at that time.