TB sires. Who stamps progeny?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Gaia, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

well that was a good read. I have bugger all experience with WA progeny. But could go all day with QLD'ers.

However I do own a TRIBU mare. And I can see the fire! (And those god damn feet) But have done some research, and have bred two foals out of her. So this is just going off one mare, and a bit of question asking. But we have found them to be mentally late maturers. She has a colt over east now (By a QH) and he is going very well. He wasnt broken until 3, and taken very slowly. Doing very well.
    And I also have a weanling filly.
    Anyone had experience with Tribu's and jumping? Both these foals I have seen jumping random objects (hay rolls, logs) in the paddock. And I have seen this mare jump a water trough on a concrete slab, it was about 1.5m wide and only 30cm high. But she did it from nearly a standstill, and two weeks away from foaling.
    And my god that girl can run!! (her 4yo gelding has also shown this same quality, much to his owners delight)
    SO i have concluded, on limited knowledge, that their physical attributes are amazing, but have a mental wall which would need working over????
    Any other opinions?

I also own a mare by Dynamo. Just for a broody. But she is IMO just a superstar. Her only vice is her scrambling.

And I worked with a Surtee in QLD. And fell absolutely in love with him!!! Just an amazing horse. Not phased my anything. And a character beyond anything I have every met.

2. alex

alex Well-known Member

Theres a tribu gelding (jumper) on the other site at the moment.
    Have seen a few around and all seem to be a bit nervy.
    Jevingtons and corporate raiders usually make good jumpers.
    Akhenatons are pretty flashy looking but have a lot of character lol.
    Key businesses are good jumpers too.
    Bletchicano's are all nutters until they reach 6 or 7 yrs.
    Enforcers are nice on the eye but really piggy rides until they know who's boss, then I think they're lovely.

3. Newman Racing

Newman Racing Active Member

Yepp, my boy has won 13 races on the worst conformation, was told he would have to be injected at 3 yrs old but has lasted till 15 because of his will to win ! And he is flea biutten grey :)

4. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

I have a Kenvain who is closely related to Bletchly park and vain rancher And he is good looking, Fantastic temperament and so far proving to be a great allrounder (jumping, dressage and hacking) I found a picture of Kenvain today and Bangas looks very much like him! Nicely put together horses, pretty good feet but can be a little flat footed. Thats my 2cents worth!

Have to agree on Dr Johnsons, Key business and carry a smiles

5. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

Dolphin Street

Hi Kiwigirl :)

We have an official hack by Dolphin Street and he has the best temperament! He raced in Kal till he was 6 then into the hack ring at 8. One of the most trustworthy horses i have ever ridden and very good conformation. Dolphin Streets are quite sought after for the hack ring as very pretty aswell.

[​IMG]

We also have a young Dr Johnson mare. Absolutely lovely girl! Very sweet and lazy and has recently started her ridden career and is gorgeous!

[​IMG]

6. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Anybody know anything about Agincourt?

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I've only met one. Came from the Gai Waterhouse stables to Adelaide and was just a lovely boy. Very calm, dignified and handsome :) He was a stayer...

8. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

If nobody minds can i hijack for a second????

I find this VERY interesting, and was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me what my blokes temperment is like according to his breeding??

His race name was KingStreet by King of Kings and out of a mare called abadabado. He was raced in VIC (not succesfully at all!).
    I do have his papers but can't find them so cant help with the sires further back. He tends to be stubborn, slightly high strung but that has started to get better with age. No dirt in him but tries to put it over you! He is born in 99 can't remember drop number sorry. Look forward to what you guys dig up it's really interesting. Hope you don't mind me hijacking for a sec!

9. CLP

CLP New Member

Hi Siren - Excellent!! The fella I lease is by a QLD stallion.. (Thats him in my avatar)

Do you know much about Mighty Avalanche??

This thread prompted me to track down a photo of him and he looks very similar to the gelding I lease but thats all I know about him. There doesn't seem to much of his progeny over here and I think they are all getting on a bit now.

10. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Havent met many King of Kings, but have met 2 of them, one colt and one filly. Colt was a bit of a smartass and a little pushy, but once put in his place was a lovely horse. Both were lovely looking and lovely personalities**)

11. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Your boy very nice :)* My boy must have gotten his looks from his mum, because hack he is not (more a hunter *#) and a not very good looking one at that :p)
    [​IMG]
    But trustworthy is a good description for him :D he has never done anything to try and get me off, infact he will let me know he wants to have a go, then wait for me to dismount and step infront of him before he will let rip with some bucks ';'

12. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

Thanks MLP, thats kinda funny cause he is a smart arse and kinda pushy, but your right once he knows his place he is a great horse!

13. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Yes, sounds very much like the fellow I had, in fact dignified is a very good word for him! Thanks Wattle.....If there were any more of him around, just 10 years younger, I would snavel them up in a heartbeat! **) Just a treasure to own :)

14. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Sounds like King, hey Jess!! **) *#) :p

15. KINGSBONES

KINGSBONES Active Member

Yeah gem it does!! This is interesting!!

16. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

I reckon! :)

Ok next one - I have an aged (25yo) mare by a stallion named Aspect, has anyone heard of him? Going back a few years but worth a try......Ive seen another mare years ago by the same sire, and it was amazing how similar their personalities were, and looks...by gosh they were peas in a pod! Be very interested to hear.....:)

Linnybear your Dolphin Street hack is lovely! :)*

I will have to try and put a list of other TBs I know together, to add to everyone elses observations. ;)

17. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I know pretty much nothing about racing/not much about major sires, but this is my boy's pedigree
    [​IMG]

BP and Danehill have been mentioned a few times already.
    My boy hasn't got the greatest feet, but they're not bad either (currently unshod and looking pretty good). He definitely didn't inherit any boldness :p He's a major wuss and can be quite sensitive. He is however a quiet horse with loads and loads of personality. He didn't even make it to the track- he's kinda slow and lazy :p he can move really well, but only when he wants to!
    [​IMG]

18. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Izzy! Haven't seen you around for a while. How is Ralph going? Is he back in work yet?

19. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

HI CLP,
    Cant say I have had any experience with them. I remember the name being thrown around a bit, from friends that worked for other trainers. But sorry, no personal experience :eek:

20. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

Does anyone have much experience with Victory Drive/ Don't say Halo horses for eventing? My mares by Don't say Halo and has a filly by Victory Drive, just wondering what sort of combination this would make for, as far as I know she lives up to VDs reputation, being extremely intelligent but also pretty insane. I have never met other horses by Don't say Halo but my mare seems to be pretty similar to those described- Very intelligent, stubborn but good natured, she can be very tricky to work with in a way that I have not seen in other horses and this seems to be the same sort of reaction from other people.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010