TB sires. Who stamps progeny?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Gaia, Jul 12, 2010.

1. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

definetly agree with you there!

2. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Akhenaton- I've only dealt with one and once he learned a few ground manners was a lovely horse to deal with. Had spunk but was respectful to handle.

3. dearme

dearme New Member

IHTRIAM - ive broken lots of ihtriams in, they are really bad buckers and take pleasure in bucking their riders off! anything that they get a fright from, and generally they are scared of their own shadows, they buck!

GONSKI - the gonski's are real fighters for the first 1 or 2 weeks of being broken in, they are little devils! they are all small, little, immature, foal like 2yr olds,

CARBANETTO - OMG SHOOT THEM. i have never seen a stallion produce such dangerous horses, these things are just grouse, i hate them, they are killers, mental on the ground and even worse to ride, i cant say 1 nice thing about them. just be very careful, they are very big and strona nd arent affraid to try to kill you

KEY BUSINESS - little gems :) they are really nice horses, i rate them highly :)

HARTLEYS SPIRITS - they are really big stocky, quiet docile things, easy to break in and easy to ride, they are very big and take time to mature, they wont be 2 yr olds, but will make handy types when mature.

BEAR CAT- these horses are little pigs, rude and doggy, not a huge fan.

DANETIME - beautiful horses, lovely natures, very big, chuncky strong horses, love them. fantastic 2/3yr olds but they have dodgy knees:

4. Newman Racing

Newman Racing Active Member

Temperment is influenced by so many things, the mare plays a big role as well as stud handling, sales preps trainers if it was in pain etc which result in the end horse. BELOW IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Blackfriars- Nice, One's Ive known were quite nervy horses
    Kendal Star- Big, Solid Got Attitude, known for being arrogant and bucking
    Pago Mystery- Bad Conformation, Gutsy
    Vain Rancher- Temperments To Die For
    Cape North- Quite the little characters nice types
    Surtee- Nice Types, mine is quite nervy
    Verglas- Thumbs Up, If you get a grey one
    Zedrich- Beautiful to look at,
    Encosta Delago- Magnificant creatures, everything in the right place
    Ithriam- Not all There...............
    Medal Of Honour- So far so good, pleasure to be around

Ill stop now, but what is good for one person may be bad for another, and i think bad feet cant be put down to a particular stallion maybe incorrect or inadequate nutrition?

5. AllThePrettyPonies

AllThePrettyPonies New Member

Anyone know anything about Carry A Smile's and Unbridled Song's? Have had two mares by them.

6. Newman Racing

Carry A smiles have all been gentle giants for me only met geldings however, not sure on your other one

7. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

And what about Dolphin Street?? My boy is by him

8. Newman Racing

Havent had the pleasure of meeting one yet :)*

9. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Carry a smiles are some of the smartest horses created but they can be piggie but like most haulpak lines the jump rather well.

Personally I prefer to study the whole pedigree (and where the horse has grown up/been trained) when judging temperament takes more than eggs to bake a cake!

The horses I have clicked the most with have actually had rather obscure sires(hakiam boy, classic misson, double vice, indian danehill) at first glance but on further inspection are actually well suited to performance.

What sire do I most want a horse by right now? Galileo! We have just bought one a boy it can move, interestingly one just won the five year old young event horse at melbourne 3de with comments like it was the best moving horse in the young horse competition(4,5&6) printed. However this horse is backed up by Saleiri/ Sir Tristram on the dams side both jumping gold!! really not a surpise it won with a pedigree like that.

10. mylittlepony

Can agree with most of those, except for Surtees (i hate them!lol).
    I spent a few years working with Zedrich, Surtee and Kendal Star, so have met a LOT of their progeny.**)

as for Verglas are you joking about the "if you get a grey one?" lol, every single foal he had sired has been grey:p

And as for feet. Nutrition plays a part...to a degree........I only need to name one horse as an example of heriditary bad feet.........HAULPAK, anybody who is in the racing game should know about "haulpak" feet by now.

11. Reg81

Reg81 Active Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  12. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

haulpaks have more knee problems than feet ones?
    I think the ground horses grow on is a contributing factor no stallion that stands on good clay with some rocks has been listed.

13. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

what about Palace Reign?? my new guy is by him. I've heard they are plain but quiet and good jumpers.

also Fusaichi Pegasus?

14. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I think you mean Carpanetto, I have one and shes the complete opposite to what you have written. And far from big at 14.3hh! Shes extremely quite, if not too quite, not a mean bone in her body, shes really sweet. Whilst we're here she has excellent feet too *#) I've not met any others so maybe i'm just lucky :)

I don't think you can completely judge what a horse will be like just by its sire (most of the time) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  15. mylittlepony

then you havent met enough horses by haulpak. haulpak feet are practically legendary in the industry.

Also, Kendal Star stands on good clay with some rocks;)

16. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Carry a Smiles have been sort after showhacks because they ooze look at me, but most were absolute nutcases and totally unpredictable, so not the best temprement wise for the showring.

Have dealt with alot of eastern states bred yearlings but find it unfair to rate a sire over it's yearlings. The other sires have been showhacks, Temprement wise, Dr Johnsons are very even tempered horses, Bletchley Parks have been brave, My Serheed is scared of his own shadow but is a quick learner, honest as the day is long and the most stunning horse I have ever owned, but the most high maintenence :)

The Dam line also pays a huge part so really it is unfair to "judge" a TB purely on the sireline :)

17. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

um we used to stand a haulpak stallion so seen a few! They all had way better feet than any BP we have had here. I had a carry a smile for a while who had some of the most increadible feet of any horse I've seen. Given how long haulpak has been dead the only actual prodgney of the man himself we have had have been that stallion and broodies.

18. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Palace reigns I have heard are nice horses you'd think they should be pretty considering that he is by beau sovereign.

Have heard that the FP's breath fire, we had one here I wasn't a fan.

19. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

We have a Carry A Smile mare where we agist. She is only 15.2, but very pretty. Can be pushy but can be quickly put in her place. Lovely movement out in the paddock, but still working her undersaddle. She has only been off for 18 months or so and only back into work the last 6 months.

20. Racoff

Racoff New Member

gaia

oh im sorry:p thats mzing did they race? do they pace? how can this happen im totally amazed what are they like? totally amzing:)*