TB sires. Who stamps progeny?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Gaia, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Teah

Teah New Member

Yeh that's about the age bracket I've seen around racing. Haven't seen any educated ones on the market.

Oh my now I may have to get myself one of those haha. Is there a Haulpak stallion starting with Z that you know of? I seem to recall seeing one?

2. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Are you thinking of Zedrich? he is out of a haulpak mare.

3. IPPH

IPPH New Member

Yeah I know *#):p but I put the CAS progeny in a different category ... don't know why ... lol!!! I have ridden a couple and loved them ... had 3 by Haulpak and had shocking flat foot issues and just didn't like their characters ... but I think I am a bit spoilt with my boys. They are sweethearts. Or I may be reallly stable blind :D

Have to say the Haulpaks can really jump though ... if you can keep them sound ... bit like one of my current boys ... :(

4. Teah

Teah New Member

Zedrich that's the one. Have seen one of his progeny and looks pretty and can jump.

Rosco (my Haulpak) can also jump and does have flat feet as mentioned but they're not that bad with the farriering I'm getting him at current :).

5. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Zedrich is a lovely horse, my favourite stallion**)

6. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Yep they are lovely bulldozers :) very under-rated gallop sire too.

7. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

Does anyone know anything about Investors Dream? who is By Spend a Buck. Has anyone had experience with there offspring?
    Just curious to know. Thanks

8. kayash

kayash New Member

Has anyone had experience with horses sired by Carnegie?

9. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Anyone know anything about More Than Ready & his progeny?

10. Exister

Exister Active Member

Have met a couple of more than readys.... *dribble* the filly i used to ride was the SWEESEST horse, just darling to handle and ride, got a little bit headshy from being handled by retarted stablehands but but excellent with the non retards haha...
    Expensive stallion but seems to throw quality. I do recall she went shin sore i think...

What experience does eveyone have with Medal Of Honor?
    so far my 3yo filly seems lovley, VERY intellegant. Remembers everything... including her mistreatment via the racing industry. Needs to be constantly reminded we are her mates and not out to hurt her. She uis coming round very quickly though.
    Farrier says she has brilliant feet, not the typical horrid flat footed type thoroughbred, has her shoes taken off thursday and is walking on gravel and rocks like the rocks dont exist :p
    The mum is by rory's jester.

11. Genna

Genna New Member

Anyone had experience with Saratoga Springs. I believe Sonya J has one.

12. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

I have just picked u[p my Star Pak Filly and after seeing this comment i 100% agree...not sure about the high back thing but she follows me around like a dog, quiet as to ride (only ridden her twice) but so far im a bit in love, although shes only little but im hoping she will still be able to jump :)

13. InkibahD

Can anyone tell me where i can find a pic of star pak and how big he was?

14. Genna

Genna New Member

My Star Pac mare didn't stop growing until she was 9 and filled out to be a big girl (People at breed shows and dressage days asked me if she was W/B). She was lovely and quite to ride until you put pressure on her in the dressage. Jumping fantastic. Ended up semi-retiring her at 11yrs (Arthritis in front knees and fetlocks) and she became the spare horse for anyone wanting to ride out, as you could just climb aboard and go.

15. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Star Pak wasn't a big horse. He was very solid built, but only about 15.3hh, maybe a touch less.

16. InkibahD

Thanks for the info guys, thats conforting to know urs took ages to mature, her mother was bigish i think so there may be hope for her yet...shes only just 4 and is just over 15.2 but seems really babyish....
    so anyone have pics of starpak? do you have any pics of ur mare genna?

17. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

What about Octagonal horses? Have a mare by him she is very sweet and sooky, a bit dopey too. Wondering what they are generally like under saddle as letting her let down first before hoping on

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
  18. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

dont worry i went back thru the thread and found my info! thanks guys!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  19. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

So would you give a horse with Sir Tristram and Tribu near the front of it's paper.....a yes or a no for temperament/trainability/good brain/talent off the track etc???

20. InkibahD

Ive only known one tribu mare....she was a bit silly i think, my mum has her foal from her by a QH stallion and he is a bit silly two, a late bloomer id say, he is lovely however and has loads of potential just isnt growing a brain as fast as she likes