TB sires. Who stamps progeny?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Gaia, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Teah

Teah New Member

Haulpak's are the things I dream about haha.
    Does anyone have Royal Academy's? I'm a fan??
    Found a wicked sire over east that I'm hopefully going to breed something of his next year. Sired Kirkson that's racing over there atm. What I'd do to have that horse!!

2. drsg123

drsg123 New Member

Can anyone tell me about Lomond Bay's ?? Would love to know about his progeny.
    I have one who is absolutley lovely, she is extremley pretty, she can be a little hot but other wise is gorgeous!

Also does anyone know anything about the stallion - star pak??

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Star Pak has already been mentioned earlier in the thread;)

Lomond Bay's are generally quite pretty, good natured horses who love being in work. Normally quite solid built with good hard feet.
    Also Lomend stamped his stock, the majority of them have a white blaze. Does yours? Would love to see a photo**)

4. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

I belive its in the first 5 pages of this thread.....just a guess though..good luck :) Im hoping to get a filly by him when she finishes racing so im hoping the description they gave is not acurate lol

5. mylittlepony

Don't worry. Not all progeny are the same. A lot can depend on how they were handled and brought up, how they were treated during racing etc. I have met a couple of nice Star Pak's, and the stallion himself I really didn't mind too much. **)

6. Teah

Teah New Member

Star Pak is a Haulpak :).

My boy is a Star Pak and honestly if he were anymore human I'd marry him.

Cheeky and a massive personality and so sweet and cuddly. They have bad feet but good farriering and equi pack and you're all set. Excellent conformation although a tad high in the back end and the kindest eyes I've ever seen.

Amazing jump and ah I could go on all day about how much I love him!

Talked to Gary kenny about Star Pak's and he's also a fan :).

7. drsg123

drsg123 New Member

Yep has a blaze, and the most unusual socks/stockings!
    She is actually extremley fine built, but very pretty and dainty :)
    Sorry im unable to post a pic photobucket's not letting me.

8. IPPH

IPPH New Member

I have a gelding by Dansk - not much of a looker, 'interesting' *#) conformation, GREAT feet (farrier reckons best feet he's seen on a TB in years) perfect temperament - not a mean bone in his body. Quiet, willing, honest ... pretty crappy racehorse though. Good jump on him, but I like his easy going nature best - only reason I have him around really!! Cos he sure isn't eye candy!! To be fair though he does have a really sweet head and kind eye.

I also have a Royal Abjar gelding - wow - he is a stunner; amazing conformation, beautiful head, fabulous temperament. AWFUL feet lol. Can jump the moon (dam is by Bold Invader ... love that line **)) bold as brass and a real tryer. Love him to bits and would clone him if I could (minus the feet). Was a very successful racehorse. Always, always mistaken for a WB - standing at 17hh and muscular with lots of bone. He can be hot, but no dirt in him.

I won't have Haulpaks or Sir Tristrams cos *#) lol.

9. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

My next TB is a Dauberval gelding. The Dauberval's I have come into contact with are all as hard as nails, but can have a temperament to match that. The one that I am getting is worse than the others I have met, but that is partly down to the guy that broke him in. He also likes to do stuff his way, but I don't know whether it is a family thing or just this horse.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  10. mylittlepony

**Dauberval**)

11. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Anyone heard of a stallion Choisir?

12. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

yep-he was a champ! went over to uk to race after here. a big chestnut :)

13. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

Really???? ';'
    All the ones Ive come across with either of these have been fantabulous! I actually look out for Sir Tristrams! :D

14. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

i picked up a 3yo Medal of Honour gelding last week.... absolute sweetheart **)

15. IPPH

IPPH New Member

Lol, I have had a few of each line and we didn't get on :p And every Haulpak had hideous feet! Although my Abjar is not much better in the foot dept tbh!

Sir Tristram himself was an evil bugger I am reliably informed! :D

I would really like a Carry A Smile gelding ... but these are getting harder to find now, like Old Spice ... but I love em.

16. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Yep his yearlings sold really well in the Gold Coast :)

17. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

i have just got an iglesis (sp)! very quiet and such cheaky personality!! dont know much about them, has anyone got one?? :)

18. Teah

Teah New Member

Really? Carry A Smile's are everywhere!! I'm a TAB form ADDICT. Don't bet, my boyfriend owns race horses and gets into it sometimes but I just look through all of the breeding. I see them around a bit in there.

19. IPPH

IPPH New Member

Not everywhere on the hack market :( but I am NOT allowed ANY more horses *#):p at least not until mid next year ;)

20. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

There won't be many more his last crop was 2006 and there was not very many his last couple of seasons.
    You are contradicting yourself though a bit IPPH though as Carry a Smile is a Haulpak stallion. So its a bit funny to say can't stand haulpak but want a Carry a Smile:p