Tb Hoty results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Leti loves Elmo, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

A bit early but I have just got home so might aswell make the thread. How did everyone go? A lot left after the inhand and I was to tired to stay to watch the ridden plus I had to get my helper home because 2pm.

It was my mares first show, she played up a bit running over in the first 2 classes but in her last she behaved. She was pleasant overall for her first show though. No fuss doing makeup or waiting for classes for 3 hours.

3rd in my handler class of 4
    4th mare 4-8 yrs class of 7
    3rd in wa bredclass of 4

We earnt all our ribbons so very happy and we also placed in her mare class which was full of quality so makes it even more worth while :)

Might put pictures up soon :)

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I was happy with my filly (mostly :eek:).

3. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Wasn't much of a turnout was there though? I took photos for Wattle, and got some random photos of people :)
    Reeeeeally liked a really deep red bay that walked past, was YUM. Did it win supreme? :D

Wasn't very impressed with the bolting horse though -_- Lucky everyone elses horses were relatively well behaved.

4. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

ive been waiting all day for pics!! so come on!! **)

5. spok

spok New Member

Had a lovely morning watching some nice horses. Unfortunately the turnout was a bit poor, but the gelding classes were huge which was great to see:)

6. Leti loves Elmo

I know they got a lot more numbers last year but it was nice and quiet today with about 40 i think?

7. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Yeah about that, highest number I spotted was 38 :D

Gotta nag Wattle into putting the photos up :D :p

8. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Wow only 40?? I thought they'd be way more horses there than that! Nice day for showing though, maybe it clashed with afew other shows??

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  9. Leti loves Elmo

Yeah harvey ag was yesterday and there was one at riverside and wanneroo

10. Wendycam1

Wendycam1 Well-known Member

We just got home. A big weekend with all the prepping & stuff.

We came 2nd in Best presented Mare
    2nd in her Mare class 4-7
    And Reserve Champion Mare.

Effie was such a good girl all morning. Totally happy with her.

Well done Tracey & Magic who got Champion Mare. You present your horsies beautifully.

11. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

and Novice/Intermediare at SEC and woorooloo...

congrats to all :)) waiting patiently for photos;)

12. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Well, I can't complain TOO much lol. Nikki was quite unsettled in the morning trying to get her ready. If it wasn't for Letis helper, I would have been stuffed so THANK YOU very much Leti loves Elmo and Tracey for all the help this morning. She settled really well before her classes and then when her classes came, was a bit sparky and on her toes! Took me a while to work out she probably thought she was in the parade ring!
    Another THANK YOU to OBHH who took her plaits out for me and Admiral who ended up finishing my plaits for me the night before because of my , ummm, fight with a pair of scissors lol.
    All in all, was a good day, but I do love showing my Ash the most lol

I have a horrible feeling that some Stockies were standing right near me for some of the day and I didn't know who they were??? :eek: Sorry if it was you! *#)

Thanks Merlin of your offer to plait Nikkis tail, I didn't see it until I got home!

Oh, we got 2nd Best Presented junior and 4th in her filly class :)

13. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

so WHERE are the photos???!!!! :D

14. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

I'm waiting for pics too!! Was meant to go to this then something else came up!

15. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Was a great show - numbers were a bit low but big turnout in the gelding classes and some very high quality animals.

A BIG big thankyou to Leon and Lauren who helped me out through the day and stayed to keep me company. You guys are awesome **)

Another BIG thankyou to Bethy who plaited him for me last night. Not only did she do a wonderful job but she was so helpful - I wouldn't have got that falsie in without you and it looked great!!

Met a couple more lovely Stockie's. @) Hayley, your mare is beautiful and has a big future.

I was thrilled with Vegas today, it was my first time prepping him on my own, and although he was a bit fidgety he helped me out alot by being so calm.
    He didn't place in the HUGE gelding classes in hand but behaved well.

I couldn't have been happier with his behaviour in the ridden, he was a star. Even with some naughty horses on the ring he kept his mind on the job and didn't put foot wrong.

Our results (against some beautiful types):

1st Rider 18-21 (yeah OK I was the only one! haha)
    2nd Newcomer Hack in a strong class.
    1st WA Bred gelding 10 years and under.
    Reserve Champ WA bred Gelding (His workout in this was fantastic, so proud).
    2nd Hack 15hh - 16hh.

Couldn't be any happier with him, love my boy - what a star. Photos to come.

16. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Well done everyone! Cant wait for some photos :)

17. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

What a day!!!! Happy with our results and Arnie is getting better each show.

We got
    1st Handler 26-36
    Reserve Champion Handler

3rd Best Presented Gelding
    3rd Gelding 8-11
    2nd WA Bred Gelding

1st Smartest on Parade over18yrs Gelding
    Champion Smartest on Parade

2nd Newcomer hack over 16h

We didn't end up going in my last 2 events. I think we both had had enough!!!

Thankyou to the organisers, sponsors and the Judge for a lovely day :)

18. Dark Embrace

Dark Embrace Active Member

So I had a very mixed day...

After months of ground work on my girl, I was a bit dissapointed with her today... She has always been a bit flighty, but today she got a bee in her bonnet and didnt want to keep her front feet on the ground. I think it didnt help having her paddock mate there. Im so very very sorry to anyone that she upset when she broke loose....
    I want to say a huge thank you to Paul who kept trotted her out today, even when she had a temper tantrum... We have a lot more work to do....

But aside from all of that she ended up with:
    1st Best Presented Junior
    1st Filly 2&3 years
    Champion Filly
    Supreme Champion Junior Exhibit!!

Reserve Champion Best Presented
    Runner Up WA bred

My gelding didnt place in any of his classes, but was a star all day!!! First in hand show and didnt put a foot wrong!!

A big thank you to the organisers & judge on a well run show. **) Also thank you to the sponsor of the lovely rug!!

19. Leti loves Elmo

Dark embrance your filly was lovely. My friend was in love and said she would put up with that attitude for something so gorgeous lol well done

20. Hayley

Hayley Well-known Member

Well it was my mares first show and wow she really impressed me. Firstly big thanks to Zoe for prepping her and running her out and pretty much do verything lol, and also big thanks to tan and Jayd for being lifesavers and getting her to the show after our original plans fell through at 6 this morning.

Well princess didn't arrive at the show until 8 and she was in the second class so we had no time to settle her or get her used to the show atmosphere. I was really proud she took it all in her stride and behaved surprisingly well. Our results for the day were:

Halter:

3rd out of 4 handler 18-25
    4th out of 9 best presented mare 4 years and over
    3rd out of 7 mare 4-7 years

I wasnt even expecting her to place she is not in show condition, still light on and lacking muscle but she somehow managed.

Was lovely to meet Lakota and the very handsome Vegas, he's a gem and Congrats! Also nice to meet your friend, not sure if she is on stockies?

Also Merlin your boy is beautiful, really impressive. inCase you are wondering who I am I had the chestnut mare and was with Jayd Barton at the float, parked next to u.

Amongst the busy day I forgot to take photos while she was in her gear, does anyone know who the photographer was, im hoping she got some lol.

All on all a great organized day, Thankyou to organizers, sponsors, competitors, and the judge 