TB HOTY Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Gaia, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks SnM, you managed to get a good pic of my Noodle Head :p Can't wait to see the rest, you and Mike must be buggered!

2. Leeara Park

Leeara Park Active Member

SnM - Thank you soooo much for that pic of Brock and Jubes - they both look gorgeous. It was lovely to meet you, cant wait to see all the pics :)

Thank you to the show organisers, the sponsors, the judges and the wonderful ppl that supported us today.

We were stoked when our team was awarded:-

LP Superstar - Champion Best Presented Inhand and Under Saddle - thank you to Lillydale Road for sponsoring the In-hand section
    Champion Newcomer Hack - thank you to Eliva Park for sponsoring this section
    Champion Open Hack - thank you to Sonya Price for sponsoring this section
    and
    Grand Champion Overall Ridden Exhibit - also sponsored by Eliva Park.

Perfect by Nature:
    Champion Led TB Gelding Over 12 years
    Reserve Champion Hunter Hack
    and helped me win Champion Handler Overall.

What a show :) We have two very tired boys in the stables and two very tired girls in the house! Think it will take us allll week to recover.

There was so beautiful horses there yesterday, congrats everyone on your results and the show was run smoothly and effectively - Congratulations :)

3. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

My pleasure hun! It was lovely to meet you too. You should be SOOO proud - what a fantastic day for your boys first show. You & your sister do an amazing job :)
    I will never forget the look on your face when you were called for that Champion!!!

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Scorpio the ribbons are done through computer sashes over east...We also go through them as well..

5. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I went yesterday to help Kiwigirl and spectate.
    What a great turnout and so many beautiful horses !
    A huge pat on the back has to go to the organisers, sponsors, helpers and marshells. What an amazing job you all did.
    I was really, really impressed with the gentleman down in the marshelling area. The job he did in keeping the classes running smoothly was top notch :))

6. Eliva Park

Eliva Park New Member

What a thrill to see so many magnificent looking Thoroughbreds! Congratulations and job well done to everyone that participated. What a great day was had by all! Thank you to the Judges and the other sponsors for their assistance allowing this show to go ahead and a huge THANK YOU to Bayley, Kristie, The Fabulous Ring Marshall and all the SPPHAWA people that made The TB HOY show such an awesome day and a huge success. Look forward to seeing all again next year!
    Cristy

7. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

One thing about SPPHAWA is they don't skimp on anything. Always the best ribbons, rugs etc.

Zaza, the gentleman you are talking about is the gorgeous and lovely Laurie Kennedy **) Beautiful man he is :)

8. KLP

KLP Guest

Merlins stunner is Arnold ( or arnie ) he did very well yesterday!

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Congratulations everyone! What great results.

I'm disapointed. I put my hand up to sponsor the Newcomer Hack and was first in line, I had some good prizes in mind. However was not contacted again after a few e-mails and now I find someone else sponsored it???
    Such a shame, I'll put my money into another oganisation then...

10. NorWester

NorWester Well-known Member

You know who the organiser was, contact her. Why did you have to put this up here?

11. Halligan

Halligan Well-known Member

congrats everyone you all look fantastic!!

Any more ridden pics anyone?

12. Eliva Park

Eliva Park New Member

Awesome photos By Perfect Pony Photographics!!!
    And a huge thank you for Sponsoring a large photo to the winner of TB HOTY!
    So glad everyone else saw what we saw in our sexy Pete (aka COSGROVE).
    Actually quite fitting that the Eliva Park TB HOTY show was held on ANZAC Day weekend... Pete's race name was "Armoury" hence naming him Cosgrove after General Peter Cosgrove. :)

The second photo is Ivy our race conditioned show pony! She is super sweet and super quiet, she raced in Albany less than three weeks ago and didn't even bat and eyelid at the show or during prep. If anyone is looking for a lovely thoroughbred keep an eye on our website, Ivy will be available any time soon. My daughters pony is CC, the other chunky little man, he always reminds me of a cheeky bulldog more than a thoroughbred.;)

Can't wait to see all the photos from the day, there was some super looking thoroughbreds going around! **)

13. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Was it just me....or did everyone else notice how calmly all the TB's handled the day? Far less action than at some of the Breed Shows I've been to lately *#)

Good job ponies **)

14. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Arnie, I believe I did reply? I will trundle through my emails when I get a chance from home to find it but I definitely did reply and didn't hear back? Perhaps somehow it was sent to Spam or something? I specifically remember replying.

Could you please email me regarding this rather than having it on here.

Ok, just had a look. I definitely had replied so not sure what happened to the email? My email doesn't show sent items but I can find your last email in and the little symbol at the front showing it had been replied to. I won't go into more details as things like this don't need to be discussed on a public forum but I certainly did reply.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  15. Eliva Park

Eliva Park New Member

Sorry the third photo above wasn't one of ours (only first two should have gone up) Congratulations though - Looking Fabulous!!

16. Eliva Park

Eliva Park New Member

.... while i am here i also need to say a huge thank you to Jess Blackwell for all her help on the day and for keeping Cosgrove and the Eliva Park horses feeling fit and fabulous all year round!!! **)

I also want to thank Michelle Graham for making and getting Cosgrove's Bridle to us on such short notice**) A lovely bridle that helped complete the picture!

And huge thanks to the Eliva Park Team who worked tirelessly prepping and presenting five of our thoroughbreds for the show. Meg Thompson was our leading Groom and turned Cosgrove out to perfection. Gavin who ran and rode for the entire day!!! Poor guy did not stop... sent him off for deep tissue massage this morning, he certainly earnt it! Especially as Fred gave him his first ever Eliva Park fall in the nine months with us! Not being a hack rider i dont think Gav allowed for the saddle slipage that show sheen presents, he normally sticks like shit to a blanket! Behind every good man is an even better woman, that would be his wife Stacey who expertly kept all the precious ponies in line and on their best behaviour! The whole team was awesome and there will be a few beverages to celebrate!

17. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Thanks Eliva Park! Your horses were all just STUNNING! A true credit to you and your team. Gavin did a great job, I bet he is feeling it today :)
    Was lovely to meet you all and have a nice chat today also.

18. KLP

KLP Guest

LOL, were you watching with your eyes closed ? *#)

Only joking,but I think more of the action happened out of the ring.

19. KLP

KLP Guest

OK Merlin's Offical results, and yes I do have permission to post these :)

Reserve Champion Handler 2nd.
    Best WA bred exhibit.

With Sir Vice (Arnold) they got:

2nd Best Prsented Gelding.
    1st Medium Heavyweight gelding 8-11 years.
    Champion gelding 8-11 years.
    1st WA Bred Gelding.

With Bet she's Elusive (Betsy) she got:

2nd Best presented mare.
    1st Lightweight mare 4-8 years.
    2nd WA Bred mare.

Well Done Merlin!

20. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

I loved it when I rocked up and was heading up to park up the back area, a horse got loose. Instead of the normal panic you see at shows, where parents are running helter skelter after the pony, (and more they chase the more the pony gets excited and runs), everyone just kept doing what they were doing and the horse very quickly calmed down, stopped to say hello to another horse and was caught very quickly. It was a very relaxed chilled day.