Swan Valley Hunter trials 06/06/11

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by InkibahD, Feb 25, 2011.

1. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

Thanks for your kind words guys! Means alot it was a great day (stressfull but great) apart from a few hiccups with jump judges and not starting on time, we eventually caught up thanks to everyone for being patient :)
    Aside from helping organising it i also rode, first round in the 80 and second round in 95! He was super! We won both our classes! But extra proud of him getting around his first 95 xc course, we had one or 2 sticky moments but he did so well over the chair and table at the stockyard :)

Thanks to everyone that came and made it a success! Hopefully we can make it an annual event so see yas there next year

2. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

awww not another one this year?? :) oh pretty please with a cherry on top! :)

3. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

Where were you Lea? Was looking forward to seeing Mac out and about again, he would have loved it!!!

4. crave

crave Well-known Member

Oh Shenelar thatnks soooo much for posting the photos :) Do you mind emailing them to me,crave8@bigpond.net.au , very proud mum I am as it was our first D grade event. Shame about my first round, had to stop and wait before the gate for a rider to get through, my boy was pretty chilled so let him stand on a long rein, then the guy on the quad starting it up right behind us and my boy shied and spun and I did a very nice dismount. So was eliminated in the first round. Pretty annoyed but the guy did come up and apologise to me and said he just didnt think :( oh well. Very happy with his second round, straight through and over everything. I didnt wait for results but was happy whatever we got, just wanted to take him home and tuck him in :). A very big thankyou to all the organisers for a VERY well run event. Lots of helpers on jumps made it a great day for all helpers, riders and family that came along. Well done to everyone that competed and lovely meeting some stockies too!

5. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

I also had a great day, and huge thanks to Swan Valley PC and Bonny and Sue who seemed to be the main organisers of the event, BIG **) **)

I'm just chuffed with Lochie! I can't believe how much more chilled he's getting with every outing! Warmed up with no hassle, bit wide eyed, but nothing silly and jumping with no hesitation. First round he was a gem, bit looky at first (wasn't too sure about the road block haha!), went through the gate (that was a hard gate lol!) and had one "looky" refusal at the shark's teeth but otherwise steady, rhythmical and a pleasure to ride :)* Came a surprising 5th which was nice!

I decided to stick with 45cm for my second round after initially planning on doing 65cm, just didn't want to destroy any confidence... He knew what to do second time round so was a bit more eager beaver :p Accidentally trotted in the road block, and failed to close the gate due to an impatient horse haha! Such a shame about those silly faults because we were only 5 seconds over optimum time and *could've* placed 2nd but ohhhhh well haha! I definitely came out of the day with LOTS of positives so I'm stoked!!

And just to top it off, Lochie got some lovely compliments throughout the day which had me beaming :D

6. InkibahD

are you trying to kill me? i nearly had a melt down with this one? hahahha come and joing our committee and then we can run another one :)

Oh and thankyou to our sponsors:
    Solargain
    Brigadoon Produce
    Koinkes Own
    Pimp my pony and her friend doing bowen treatments (whos name excapes me ver bad i know but my brain is fried)
    Redfoto (who was there all day taking pics)
    Bullsbrook produce
    and Terina who had the icecream van who also sponsored :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  7. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

i know, i was really looking foward to coming out with him. we had practiced really hard too:(..but life got in the way.

rain, hail, or shine, im not missing the silver buckle series this year.:))

8. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

BIG Congrats to Casperjesse and Nickelodeon **)

CJ you and superpony are stars. You should not under estimate the wonderful job you have done getting him to this point.

Nickelodeon so glad to hear Lochie is going so well. I told you he would improve with every outing. He will be a pro in no time!! PS: We need pictures!

9. Valencia Park Monty

no i was just hoping to give you grey hairs before your 30's hehe *#) i can help out where needed but i wont be joining the committee too many other things to do with our arc club and organising the showjumping day :) but i can help where needed

10. InkibahD

Haha all good it would be great for our club to run another but i think for us it will just be 1 per year next year we want to run our ode again and some show jumping comps so with the hunter trials as well its a full plate of things lol, glad u all enjoyed it so much :) makes all the hard work And potential grey hairs worth it lol

11. goldenbrumby

goldenbrumby Active Member

:DI am so very proud of my Daughter Sophie she came second in her age group in the 45cm's and best of all Sophie won her height class 14.2hh and under on her little brumby Ollie and also winning her first rug!!:)
    A big Thanks to Sue and Bonnie great job girls **)**)

12. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

Cool, silver buckle is fun. We did the silver buckle series twice and had a ball!! It will be a good starter**)

13. Valencia Park Monty

No worries Bonnie :) whats our sj day date if you have one? ill pop it in the diary :)

goldenbrumby i think i gear checked your daughters pony, very cute did she have the clip reins i questioned? and the purple chaps???

14. crave

crave Well-known Member

Are the results going to be posted?

15. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

yeah it'll be a great starter for him. and a chance for me to pick peoples brains about going to the larger events with a non western bred horse.

16. InkibahD

Haha SJ days will be NEXT year and probably be finalised at the beginning of next year :) i have no idea on the date

Oh and i am waiting for a copy of the electronic results from the scorer, at this point i only have a hard copy set :) i will put up on cav as soon as i get them

17. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

Hurry up photos!
    I want to see my awful concentration facials, lol, poor horsey always looks brill and then theres my face ruining it looking like this *#)

18. crave

crave Well-known Member

Just looked at the results and it said I had 20 penalties at No 3 which was the traffic....I didnt, jump judge gave me all clear for the 5 second halt and he walked straight into the cones no problems.....wish I had stayed for the final results because I would have put in a protest. :(

19. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

grr i got a fault there too, and the same as craze, held for 5 secs the timer went off and we walked on.

lol 4:16 we were flying!

20. crave

crave Well-known Member

I wonder why???? It was one obstacle that I had absolutely no problems with in both rounds. He was actually nearly asleep at the halt had to give him a tap with the whip to move on. Shame because he got 12th and would have moved up if not for the penalty. He was alo walking about 10 paces into the cones so couldnt have been for breaking the walk either :(