Swan Valley Hunter trials 06/06/11

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by InkibahD, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

What time will the event be starting from do you think Inkibah? :)

2. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

First Rider on course at 8:30 is the plan, was originally going to be 8 but then we thought it would be to dark to have JJ briefing at 7:00, Jump judge briefing at 7:30 :)

3. SanTann

SanTann Well-known Member

getting so excited :)

im doing both 65cm rounds and going to try 80cm in the pairs round.

so happy that another club is doing hunter trials :D

4. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Confident as in close my eyes shut really tight and hope for dear life i make it over confidence coz i can do that :p

Nah nah all good! dont know if we will do pairs so how everything is running first and what the ground is like :)

5. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Ill be there- entered in 65cm and an 80 14.2h and under. Ponys first competition! Ill be the one looking very tired after a big weekend at worooloo ODE (on my horse)

6. InkibahD

oh and jump judge briefing is at 7:45... Pairs wll run as soon as last competedive round starts, sign up on the day

7. InkibahD

getting closer :) eeep so much to do so little time

8. SanTann

hey InkibahD,
    just wondering what time the gates open on monday morning?

:)

9. InkibahD

Hmm good question we will be there pretty early, i think the SEC gates are open by 7 usually but we were gunna be there before then, i would say 7 but ill ask and get back to you on here :)

10. SanTann

thankyou :)

11. InkibahD

We will be there by 6:30 so gates will be open from then :) Goodnight all :) See ya tomorrow

12. Purdey

Purdey Active Member

Brilliant day, thanks to all the organisers. So proud of my big bold handsome Homer :) the open course really suited us.

I was 46 on the bay in yellow and green. 1st time round the gate gave us some grief, (after having to wait a minute for the rider in front) we wanted to jump it! 15secs off the optimum time so pretty happy.
    2nd time round caught up to the rider in front faffing with the gate again, just circled it, said to mark me for the 60points and kept moving, cleared the rest and flew around.

Will the scores be online anywhere? I left before the final scores were up, Id love to know my time, I smashed it around the second time!

I saw red out there, but also some others with cameras, any know who they were?

13. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

I just want to say Thank you to the oranisers for such a lovely day. It was fun and I had a great time. My pony was super having 2 clear rounds and coming second in the over 17yrs 65cm class. I got a voucher to the stockfeed store which is fantastic :D

To all the rider's who fell and got back on for there second round and blitzed it well done. It goes to show that even a set back can be over come as I know I saw a few people who did just that and were so happy once reaching the finish line :))

I did however see things I would like to have not seen and would hope that most people care abit more for there horses than to do what we had the witness :( To the Organisers well done for the way you were dealing with it.

14. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

I had a good day, Ponys first ever competition. Clear in both after a few arguements/green pony issues. Was very proud of her making it around the 80 in her first competition with not one hesititation. Did the gate no worries both times and walked calmly into the traffic hazard. Im so proud of her and myself!

15. Cassie 76

Cassie 76 Active Member

Yes my daughter had a brillant day too, got 4th in the first 80cm under 16yrs round. Then 2nd in the open age over 14.2hh 80cm. Missed out on frist place by about 5 seconds!!! Never mind, two beautiful calm clear rounds. Well orginised and beautiful grounds. Cant wait for the next one**) Thanks Swan Valley :))
    Ooo... and a couple of my friends did rather well too, Congrats everyone!!!

16. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

Yes, fantastic day all round :) Can't wait for the next one!!

I LOVED the idea of the quad bike shop hehehe but next time, I'll buy a toasted ham, cheese, tomato sandwich thanks *#) Well done whoever thought of that one :D

17. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

it was a lovely day to be sitting in the sun watching ( even tho i was freezing!) and great to meet so many lovely people at my stall :)
    You've all got alot of guts! saw several ponies come flying back accross the paddock, tho no ambulance flying on course, so hopefully everyone was ok**)
    well done all
    thanks Jen for your help to pack up:D

18. SanTann

i had a great day :) came away with a first in the 14.2hh and over 65cm class. was so proud of my boy and just want to say thankyou to everyone at swan valley pony club for holding such a well run and organised event. Cant wait for the next one :D

19. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

Photos for Crave - let me know if you want them taken down :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Had an absolute ball! Fantastic day well done to Boony and Swan Valley PC for a very well run day and finishing when it was still light! :)
    I had a 7th and 8th placing in the 80cm classes i was very pleased with my boy as it was a harder course than horsemens and we dont train for x country so i couldnt have been more pleased! and I had a 3rd placing in the 65cm on my friends little mare Jess :) a very unexpected placing considering i didnt walk the course i was just following the orange numbers **)

Once again well done to everyone saw some lovely horses out there, thanks again organiser and sponsors!!!!! :D