SW Stockies Ride! (Mandurah and surrounds)

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by myyky, Apr 1, 2011.

1. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Might be more that reply in the coming days. What did you set as the meet point and meet up time?

I also know some of the 4wd tracks really well as spent a lot of time in the back of those hills so no need for a guide :)

2. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Meeting time is 10am, and I don't exactly know where the meeting point is.. Whereever the carpark is at Tims Thciket! Haha

3. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Follow the road down to the end then turn left. Plenty of parking down there but if that is full of 4x4s we can park further of the track in the camping spot. It's pretty isolated down there but might be a good idea if everyone doesn't leave their valuables in sight.

4. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

My car is a commodore, so am I going to be alright getting to the parking area? I dont want to get bogged?

I also could really do with some very good directions, as I dont know where to go. Could some kind person please PM me directions from Serpentine (Utley road) to where we are meeting up.

I get lost easily, so need water tight directions please.

Thanks,
    Deb:)

5. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

The carpark is sand over limestone. Your Commodore will do fine getting through it :) there are some grassed areas further in near the camping grounds.

Basically if coming from Mandurah direction the turn off for Tims Thicket Road is roughly 6 km's south of the Dawesville Cut and will be on your right. Tims Thicket Rd is approx 2kms long :)

6. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Okee doke, so as Wawa said, go down past the Cut, and turn right onto Tims Thicket rd, follow it to the end/whereever you see horse floats ;) I will be seeing if we can get there a little earlier (9.30, 9.45) so that theres someone showing you where to park.

I can't get a definite number of people, because hardly anyone replied to my PM. So its going to be BYO food and drink. Too hard to organise who can bring what when I don't actually know whos coming ;)

10 am, Sunday 1st May, Tims Thicket Rd, down past the cut. :) Hope to see you there!

7. littleone

littleone Active Member

Would of loved to come to this but i think it may be a little to far for us :(

8. AnnieIvy

AnnieIvy Well-known Member

okay so my lift sort of forgot and now I don't have a way there :(
    If any one is going past Barragup with a spare spot in the float let me know :)

9. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I won't be able to go to this now, either :( With the much-too-quick sale of Gemma last weekend, I don't really have a suitable horse to take out. Bundy is just back in work, so a bit *excitable* and not shod yet, and Bonny too far along in her pregnancy for that kind of excitement :))

Hope you all have fun though :D

10. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Hmmm unless I can get a lift with someone I'm not able to go either :(

11. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! i would go out in the hoon group with ozzie but i'm taking my new horse to capel ODE on sunday and i've on;y owned him for less then 2 weeks :D

12. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

well it sounds like the turnout will be quite small, but the ride is definitely going ahead. It will just be a taking it easy ride due to the low number of riders, but those who want to go off for a canter at the end can (i will be) :)

hope to see those of you who havent replied there. ;)

13. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Myyky ...Deb and Rik are still coming :) They won't know anyone....so could you say Hi to Deb (please!). I'm sure you'll recognise her yellow pony :p

14. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Good on Deb hope Sonny is a good boy for her tomorrow. He is a nice yellow pony :)

15. jess1925

jess1925 New Member

I decided to withdraw my application to that job so if i can get a baby sitter I'll try to make it out there, it's a long way though and i don't have my Arab back yet :( Not sure if the new girl will make the distance, if anyone wants to pic me up though my mobile is 0414071246

16. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Wattle thats great news :) Was getting scared it was going to be just me and Fez.

Jess I'll save your number just in case :)

17. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

sorry only logged in last night - we have a home open and cant make :(

18. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Well it turned out to be just me and Fat Fezzie. :)
    We had heaps of fun though, is a lovely ride. We rode along the 4wd tracks for a good few km, and came out at the beach, lovely :) We didn't go down to the beach though because the horses didn't really want to.. We'd decided not to fall off like 3km from home! Hahahah I'll definetly be going there again, although maybe with more definite plans..

Pepper was a really good boy, and so was Fez. Nice and relaxed trail ride. Bit disappointed none of you could make it though.. ';'

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  19. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

I wish I could have made it but it ended up that I navigated on a car cruise today so enjoyed a nice day with a different kind of horsepower :)

Wish I could drive Myyky, I would have been there for sure if I had a license.

20. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

I might come to the next one Myyky, or host one at my place. I'm working on getting the confidence to ride out. Watch out Easy, you are in for some riding LOL*#).