SW Stockies Ride! (Mandurah and surrounds)

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by myyky, Apr 1, 2011.

1. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Who's up for a trail at Yalgorup/Tims Thicket? I saw there was a thread for one at Gnangara the other day, and it made me want to organise one! Everyones welcome, but obviously it will cater for people SOR.

Yalgorup is about 20km South of Mandurah, and is right on the beach, with heaps of trails in the bush along the coast. The 10th Light Horse Bridle Trail is there as well. Nice soft ground for unshod horses :)

At the moment it's looking like being either the 31st April, or 1st May, depending on numbers. I realise its the week after Easter, but hopefully not too many people will be holidaying.

We could possibly have a picnic or something, and could have two seperate groups, a W/T group, and a hoon group :p

So who wants to come?? :D

2. Trailrider

Trailrider New Member

I'll be in that, so you can count me in for sure. I am sure my fat black would love it, may not make it all the way but will have a go, will only do the WT for this reason. If you need a hand with anything let me know be glad to help.

3. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Awesome Trailrider :D And I just wanna say Hi! Cuz I've not seen you around stockies before :)

Ohh mods could you please move this.. Probably belongs in riding. :/

4. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

I'll come Myyky depending on whether I have Shanti up in Perth by then or not. Nice and close to my parent's house :)

5. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Awesome Wawa :)

6. kasper

kasper Active Member

we are heading to Esperance for Easter and wont be back till the 30th, but as long as all goes well I should be able to make the 31st. Wil definately keep an eye on this thread. Well done for organising this myky.

7. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Cool Kasper! Yeah I figured I'd be proactive and do something myself for once, instead of complaining that there's never anyone to go riding with. :D
    Hope you are able to make it!
    Ohh. I just realised something..
    There's only 30 days in April :/ So we'll have to do it on the 1st of May, the Sunday. :)

8. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

If its on sunday the 1st, Ill be in :D

9. benben

benben Well-known Member

if someone going past barragup has a spare bay in the float i can come :)

10. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Yeah Kylie its going to be :)

Haha I actually need a float lift too! Quite sad isn't it, me organising something for us all and not being able to get there myself..
    Anyone going past Pinjarra? Pepper is right in there. :p :p :p

11. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Definitely be in this :) Now....who to ride haha :D

12. Pinkie_Pie

Pinkie_Pie Well-known Member

Wish it wasn't so far for me to come lol... have fun everyone :p

13. cisco kristy

cisco kristy Well-known Member

ciscon i would love to come:)*

14. Fezzie

Fezzie Guest

Me, me! @)

The Fez and I with do our bestest to make this one! :)

15. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Awesome :)
    Should be good!

16. capnjack

capnjack Well-known Member

If anyone has a spare horse, I'll come down :D

17. benben

benben Well-known Member

i will see if my mate wants to come and we will hire a float

18. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Sounds good, at this stage in time I don't think I've got anything arranged for that weekend :) Are the tracks well marked or will there be a rider in each groups who knows exactley where to go? I'd been thinking of going for a ride in that area but not knowing the tracks I'd be lost within the first 5 mins!!

19. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

If I can I'll bring the fat white pony and perhaps my daughter on her pony too. I'll have to see nearer the time if I'm allowed out as my in laws are here then #(

20. uno

uno Active Member

I will come on either date and will have a spare bay in my float , I will be coming from mundijong if that helps anyone.....Can we have a reminder closer to the date aswell please:)) OR if anyone has a child but no pony, I have a spare pony (11hh) as well

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011