Summer Series Photos

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Andhi, Jan 10, 2009.

1. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

ND63 - where will the pics you took be? One of the horses you've posted a pic of is my friend's, and I know she wants to see any pics of him! :)

2. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Point taken lol, I rather leave you and Remaani to it, you are the experts, at least you two sound like it lol. ;) :) What would I know, right lol. *#) Sorry, no praise for that outfit from me ha ha, looks funny. :))

3. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

I post on Duncans sight, pm me and I will give you the link and see if I have some more sneak peeks ;)

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Hahahaha Horsetalk, no we'll leave it up to you.

But i still say the rider looks good, don't mean by the way they are dressed neither. Good rider perhaps! :)*

Would love to see your riding outfit, maybe we could learn a thing or 2. LOL.

5. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

this one is of sharon jarvis and her stallon he is so kind a gental

6. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Yeah, he is a dude, I have heaps of photos of him over the past year or two :)

7. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Active Member

yer he is, he is such a wonderful welsh cob in many ways. and that saddle she is usign is really comfy as i used it in the afertoon.

8. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

That rider is riding at a much higher level then MOST people on here. Sounds alot like tall poppy syndrome to me. The gear checker allowed it, the judges allowed it, end of story. It is up to the rider to determine what looks "professional" to compete in. And at the end of the day, having sleeves doesnt make her piroettes tighter or her changes smoother or her halts squarer. I really do think people are getting upset/bitchy about nothing!

9. madcow

madcow Guest

Actually I DO know the rider so it might be a timely reminder to be carefull about comments directed at specific riders.

Someone mentioned earlier that she had tails at the door ready to put on so there is obviously a reason. If the gear checkers let her through and the judges were OK with it...not an issue.

I'm with Princeton...too hot to be riding LOL:D

10. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Totally agree, if the ear chcecker had let her in, and the judges had had a problem she would have had ample opportunity to put her jacket on.

She rode several lovely tests.

11. myst

myst Active Member

Results

The rider had the option of riding without a jacket, the judges didn't mind, it was very humid inside and she was doing a Inter11 and Grand Prix, both very hard tests. I am very sure she would be upset to hear all the comments so please just comment on a talented rider who chose to be comfortable,:))

12. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

OK - please no more comments on the sleeveless shirt issue.
    The rules have been stated. Lets just appreciate the pictures and leave policing of those rules up to the gear checkers.

13. QH Rulz

QH Rulz Well-known Member

Ill Pm you

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Don't you have a telephoto lens? Then she won't know until it is posted on Stockies *#)

15. Rem

Rem Well-known Member

Wow, ok just to clarify, PSO, Lin and I all know the rider in pics, she is very talented and could never be described as being unprofessional. I can't speak for PSO or Lin although I suspect that they commented for the same reason I did, my comments about this rider not having sleeves on her shirt came about because it's against the rules, it has nothing to do with whether I think it looks good or not. I commented so that people seeing these pics don't turn up at the Summer Series expecting to be able to ride in sleeveless shirts, "oh but I saw such and such doing it in a pic on Stockies" isn't going to cut it with the gearcheckers and people need to be aware of that.

Obviously the rider in the pics was given the go ahead by the judges and they are well within their rights to do that, just remember that they are highly unlikely to that in lower level tests where there are a lot of competitors.

So, if you are competing Officially at the Summer Series and don't want to wear a jacket then you must have sleeves on your light coloured shirt. Ok? :)

16. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Amen, Rem! I was going to say the same thing but thought better of it seeing as Mod5 said not to. Glad you have, though, :)) ) because I certainly only commented on the legality of the rules, from a gear checkers perspective. Have total respect for the rider and the judges, who's final decision it is anyway.

17. Mod 5

Mod 5 Moderator

Thanks Rem & Lin ;)

18. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

I do have a telephoto lens, it will be my goal for next week! I promise