Summer Rugs - Freestyle Airflow Rug

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Cheeki, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Summer rugs .. who has one on their horse? And why?

I've ordered in a summer rug .. It's a WeatherBeeta Freestyle Airflow Rug, to help stop her being eaten alive by the flies!

Has anyone used these? Are they any good? I need to go pick it up today if it is .. Also, will this rug help stop the coat fading from the sunlight? If not, I'm not fussed .. but was wondering.

Also, is it cool enough to keep on during the hotter parts of the day, or will Hon sweat up?

sorry for ignorance with the rug .. I haven't used one of these before hehe :p *#)

2. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

I have a WB Freestyle cotton rug - not the airflow, but they fit really well, and don't slip or move. Love them!! I have WB everything! **)

3. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Me too .. I love WB .. I have a looovely doona rug which is SO warm in the winter .. but is too small for my wiiide girl .. and finding it hard to sell (strange..).

4. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

My two have those new Breezeway rugs. They're some cotton and the rest is mesh. Seem to keep them nice and cool and the flys off.

I never used to rug them in the warm weather but the flies this year have made that impossible. I tried fly spray, make my own and repel x and the flys just don't seem to care. So I had to bite the bullet and protect them from bites and annoyance. I whip them off at night so that they can be free.

I have a few complaints about these rugs and keep forgetting to get the email address that is on their label (front left corner) when I go to the stables. As I would like to give them some feedback. Anyone got one of these rugs and can check on the email for me?

I think Koolcoat have a version of this now too and it's cheaper. Had I known before.....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  5. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

whoops did a double up sorry.

6. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

7. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Just short of $100 I believe. The breezeway's are $140. bugga bugga bugga. think of what I could have bought for the $80 I could have saved.:(

8. CJR

CJR Well-known Member

Ha ha SNAP Justrosie I just ordered 2 aswell!! Bargain :)

Col:D

9. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Well-known Member

I had a WB Airflow on my old boy and it was terrific as he was a 'hot' horse, sweated under the lightest of rugs. Unfortunately had to go with old boy as he took a 6'3 and new boy takes 6'6.
    Tobs has a KoolKoat Lite Combo cos of the flies (also bloody awful up here) but has to go naked as he is like my old boy and sweats under light rugs as well. Yesterday 32 degrees and you would think it was 40 the way he was sweating! And all through a top seabreeze (love how it comes in early up here!)!
    Will def be buying another WB Airflow!

10. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Awesome .. good feedback so I'll go pick up my rug shortly :D

11. Antyk

Antyk Well-known Member

I too use a WB airflow rug on one of my horses because of the flies, it is great no more welts where the rug is, she does not seem to sweat under it which is also good.

12. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Hmm seems quite tight around the shoulders .. nice rug tho (so soft!)

13. C HORSE

C HORSE Well-known Member

I bought one for my horse and took it back as it was too tight in the shoulder the fit dosnt suit my horse but they are nice rugs,
    I bought the one made out of the heavier material (still WB) but it was a little more expensive and the fit is heaps better but the only thing I dont like about it is the shoulder and neck lining is like a plastic would be nice if it was a more softer fabric.