Stockyard Virtual Show - NOW OPEN!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mocha, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

All finished! Still awaiting responses from some judges as to classes. None will be deleted, but more may be added at judges discretion.

Please leave feedback, both positive and negative. All constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Stockyard Virtual Show

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

can you make it that photos have to be side on, and only one photo per horse per class?

3. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

Thanks Emma, have addesd those points in to the rules, side-on onl applies to In-Hand classes, as some of the other sections can be judged from any angle.

4. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

Hi, Is there going to be a Paint class or do we just go in the Paint Bred class?
    Cheers

5. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

mine is all sent..:)*

To late i sent 2 per class....:)

6. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Where are you expecting the Friesian Warmbloods to go? They're half way between Warmblood and Heavy Horse.

I'm leaning towards warmblood for Saxon.

7. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

thanks heidi, have changed Paint Bred to Paint/Paint Bred so any paint can enter :)

8. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

Lin, Id put friesian warmblood into warmblood, but you are more than welcome to enter him in both.

To be honest we werent expecting a lot of entries, so tried to narrow down the classes so there would be a bit of competition in each.

Horses DO NOT have to be registeed, so can enter more than one class if you think it suits :)

9. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Wooo just reading the rules now .. and will be entering shortly :D

Good work guys :)

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

We have Pinto & Pinto Pony.... what is the difference?

Also Part Arabian in the Horse Section & Part Arabian in the Pony Section, i guess the Pony Section is limited to AP's & ARP's?
    I take it, each Horse & Pony Section is sectioned by height, what is the height?

Thanks, looks great! :)

11. I entered 3 classes, realised I didn't have many photos actually suitable for the show! LOL

12. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

i entered my 2 ponies.... may have another to add later:D

13. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Uhh .. quick questions.

First up .. do we have to be in hacking gear for the ridden section? All plaited up etc..

Second .. I know this is a bit naughty, but some of my best shots I'm not wearing a helmet :eek: Helmets required?

Lastly - can you have multiple riders for the same horse :p

14. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

my mares part welsh part arab which class do i enter? or can i do both>?

15. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

What about a free jump category in the novelties :) and maybe a horse pulling a funny face?

16. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

oh yeah the plaited ness!
    good point :D

Also... my 'veteran' is like 34 this year. will he get judged according to his age or just against the over 20's at the same level of judging if you get what i mean? Not that i care but he is hairy as hell haha

17. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

Hey Kylie, answering on behalf of my sister.

We have just done it this way to break the entries up a bit, figured there would be quite a few entries for Pinto. 14.2hh and over for Horses, and under 14.2hh for ponies.

18. JessiTrist

Again on behalf of Mocha.
    No hacking gear required, but some judges may prefer it.
    Helmets not required, but again some judges might prefer a rider with a helmet if it came down to it.

Multiple riders are fine, but the classes are for the HORSES, except for the Rider Technique class.

19. JessiTrist

More than welcome to do both :)

20. JessiTrist

You can disclose the age of the horse, and it might help if it came down to the last 2, both looking AWESOME and the judge knew one was much older. However it is up to the judges.