Stockyard Feed Store Soon to Open!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Hi there:D
    speaking of the top of my head peas would be like lupins, 36-40%protein.
    I can ask for a proper test analysis if you like.
    lena

2. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Does that include Northam, not sure where Newdegate is?

But it is a great idea!!!

3. simbin

simbin Gold Member

At the moment I am feeding 44kg crushed lupins, 75 kg studmaster, 50kg pegasus and lucerne as well as12 hay over a fortnight I think.

Sorry you may have posted it but what would be in a mixed grain??

4. We are planning to go to Northam, Saltriver will be the drop off point for small orders,**)
    Guys, we need to know how many people and your whereabout who have fronloaders to unload bulka bags?
    lena

5. We have lupins, peas, barley, oats.:) We can mix them per your requirements.
    lena:)

6. We were doing our homework and figured out that customers should save 25%-30% on their feed bill.
    People with one or 2 horses please don't feel left out, this offer is for everyone, big or small. You will be able to come to a drop off point to pick up a bag or two:)*
    Thank you stockies!:D

7. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

hope i get mates rates sweetie!!!
    i'll want a bag of oats as ours have already been weevil treated.

8. Would you like it delivered on the mail run, beagle??:D

9. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

yes please Lena,if it don't give Brian a hernia shifting it!! i will NOT pay workers' comp! :))

10. Dream Merchant

Dream Merchant Active Member

I could very well be interested - definately in the lupins, and if you let me know your prices for the small square bales of oaten hay, I'll let you know my interest in that too. We're... between York and The Lakes, and yes, we have a). a forklift and b). silos & an auger, so either way is fine for me....

PM me some rough prices?

Great idea!

11. beau

beau Well-known Member

We have a tractor with forks and front end also carry all if that helps. We are in Pinjarra and if the price is right and we go ahead with it, we can be a drop of for surrounding areas around us.

12. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

I am sorry but cannot see the cost savings for folk in the Avon Valley especially and even for alot of the wheatbelt. Feed is mostly locally obtainable if you ask around or know someone in this area.

For the folk in the Avon Valley, we can already buy feed for amongst the lowest prices in the whole state. No freight involved and all locally produced and delivered to your feed shed door for no extra!

Coliban can you give a rough estimate of prices for each grain, mix, or hay for Perth based Stocky members as they will be your biggest buyers?? I know and appreciate it is early days for your feed business.**):))

13. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Hi Lena can you pm me a price for a bulka bag ( when you sort it all out) of oats please and would pick it up from west swan area if thats any easier

14. Firedance

Firedance Well-known Member

Bugger all this feed talk!! :mad: I want one of your horses *#)

15. It will depend how much you'd buy, one bulka bag would be cheaper than heaps of small bags!
    I will get back to you with the price.:p
    lena

16. Will do!:D

17. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Thanks Lena :)*

18. Put an order through and it will be fullfilled!:p We haven't got anything left for sale, but we can breed you a foal of your choice:p
    our Designer Gene Programm is a success, we have nearly run out of mares to offer to prospective buyers. We have only 3 mares left on offer (Extreme Desire(16.1"), Rule Till Morn(15.3") and Coliban Gold N Metal (Bunny)15.2" to be bred to Three Solid Bars, Tru Blu Texan Or Speck Of Conclusive, all imported stallions, all the rest are already booked for the programm.:D
    lena:)

19. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

Yes will be interested in bulka bags (assume about the size of a woolpack) but have no forklift/tractor.
    Please let me know when prices are sorted.

20. Caroline:)
    we compaired the prices in feed stores in Perth, we will be able to better them for aroount 25%-30%. If people stay loyal to their suppliers, it is great! There is enough business for everyone.**)
    I will get back with prices to everyone who is interested a bit later on.:)