Stockyard Feed Store Soon to Open!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Coliban Quarter Horse Stud, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Hi All! This thread is approved by Admin**)
    Expression of interest is needed from stokies members.:D
    We are seeking your opinion and follow up if you want to save your hard earned $$.
    Being a broad acre full working farm as well as a Quarter Horse stud we are share cropping with one of our neighbours who came up with the idea of supplying our produce to horse enthusiasts. Buy direct from the farmer and save $$$$.**)
    We have top quality grain on hand: lupins, barley, oats, peas.
    We can mix grains to your requirements and deliver in bulker bags, bags or straight to the silo.
    When we cut and bale our oaten hay, we will be able to supply and deliver it to you as well.
    It will be an ideal opportunity for agistment centres and owners with more than 4 horses to buy in bulk and save.
    We will go NOR and SOR and other towns within 400 km radius of Newdegate.
    We will require drop off points for small orders, bulk orders will be delivered to the door.
    What do you recon, stockies? Will you be interested?
    Please post your replies,
    lena

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Most definitely!!! We now have a shed that would easily store a truckload of hay and were planning to go farmer direct after this year's cut. Do you unload the truck too :p

3. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Definitley interested

:))

4. helll yes!!!

:D sounds great!

5. That was quick!**)
    It would be great if stockies from the same area get together to discuss drop off points. We would also need to know what quantities and how often you'd need a top up on feeds. We will have to get the system working, as you know we can't run a road train like a Ford Festiva through subburbs.
    Stockies from country towns, contact each other to work out how it is best to be done for you (monthly, bimonthly). If we all get together in this, all of us will benefit.**)
    The more you buy, the cheaper it will get. We also need to get a rough idea on what people want.
    It would help if you specify your monthly amount of feed and what type of feed.
    At the moment, we can deliver grain only, straight or mixed to your requirement.
    Mix of peas/lupins for soaking or barley/oats or straight grain.
    lena

6. samm

samm Gold Member

You already know I am :)

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl Well-known Member

What an awese idea Coli. Would definitely be keen, and I'm sure others in the area would be as well. **)

8. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Definately interested especially in the pea and lupin mix!

9. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Me !! Me!! Pick me :D

Very interested :D

10. EVP

EVP Gold Member

How much for delivery to NSW?

Way to go Lena **)

What a great way for SY members to save money!!

11. Celestial Park

Celestial Park Active Member

Herne Hill

Yep I would be interested and if I can get some prices I can see what else I can do to get some more people together around here to make it worth you while!
    I would like some oats, crushed lupins if you can do them, or whole lupins for the neighbour and would you also do hay rolls?????????????????
    I also have a shed here that I may be able to arrange people to pick up orders from if that help...............
    :D

12. QH Rulz

QH Rulz Well-known Member

if your going to NSW i guess QLD would be right up the next road right????:)):)):))

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Its always a great idea when you can get cheaper yet still quality horse feed.

I buy farmer direct (Northam) whom does it all to, grains, chaffs, hays etc.

14. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

@)@)@)

Me I'm interested and I know a few others who would be as well.

15. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Well you know I am:)*

Cheers

Sue

16. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

Hi Lena - this sounds great. As an agistee I don't control feed purchasing, but will pass the message on. :))

17. Righto Stockies:)*
    Please tell me how much grain would you need for immideate delivery?
    If we have to go to Perth we will drop off to the appointed places on the way.
    So far we have top quality clean oats, barley, peas, lupins. You can order a mix of all 4 or 3 or 2:D as well.
    Please put your name, whereabouts and amount in kgs/tons you'd like to get. Cheaper prices are quaranteed.
    thanks in advance lena

18. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Lena I've never fed peas before can you tell me how you normally feeed them and in what amounts??
    Just wondering if I should try a mix of all 4 for the ponies :)

Think I might need to invest in some small silos.
    Anyone know where to get them from :)

19. Hi Arylin, peas are like lupins, we feed them soaked. Horses do very well on legumes. an icecream container of dry peas/lupins, then soaked, fed twice a day will keep a quarter horse in a very good condition mixed with chaff or fed with hay. A ton of lupins lasts us for 2 months to feed 9 horses(stallions, preggy mares, growing horses, yearling), approx 1.8 kg a day per horse. You can feed even less, but we have never compromised on amounts of feed. You've seen our horses , they are in top condition.:D
    lena

20. lollyem

lollyem Well-known Member

Do you do flaked barley, or an equivalent? I'm fairly new to all this, so feel free to educate me on alternatives, but my old girl is thriving at the moment on boiled flaked barley & oaten chaff at night, so 100 kg of each would be
    fabulous if possible.
    I'm at the West Swan end of Caversham.