Stockies Barter Exchange

Discussion in 'Sticky Topics For Open Discussions' started by samm, Oct 27, 2008.

1. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

im wishing i lived closer to you all, id kill for unlimited limes, grapefruit, lemons etc.

2. Fezzie

Fezzie Guest

Have 2 roosters that I'm giving one last chance to before OH gives them the chop! :eek: :D

Light sussex x speckled sussex, mature, not agressive at all - my 2yo and 4yo go in the pen with them all the time :)

Will breed lovely chookies but probably are a bit old for the table unless it's soup ;)

FREE!

3. Cowgirl Kid

Cowgirl Kid Well-known Member

SWAP for some sanity!

Road Island Red purebred rooster.. I saved him as he literally fell off the back of a truck but as I now have 3 roosters I've had to make a decision and Elmar Meatchook (who is not a chook, but a rooster) has drawn the short straw!

Lovely, friendly large boy with red feathers and a shiny green gloss. Doesn't attack humans. Loves the sound of his own voice (but this is only because he has competition with two other gentlemen). Happy to free range or be locked up.

A very pretty rooster who unfortunately is destined for the pot if he doesn't find a new home SOON!

He is located in Herne Hill.

4. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Swap for WHY

Apricot coloured curtains with blockout backing. 2 drops, 221 length, coverage 240. Never been used.

5. BillyBob

BillyBob Well-known Member

Swap for WHY

10 white feed buckets + lids (20ltr by memory)

Located in perth cbd

6. CountryGurl_007

CountryGurl_007 Well-known Member

swap for WHY Baby Guppies all colors blue,orange,puple,floro yellow

7. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

What does WHY mean?

8. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

What have you. Basically anything :D.

9. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Country girl, are they warm or cold water dwellers?

10. CountryGurl_007

CountryGurl_007 Well-known Member

they can live in either my bubies are in small cold tanks and they seem fine

11. LilD

LilD Well-known Member

OOPS im a bit late for this lol

12. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Sorry LilD, I got all of raindears sewing and knitting stuff. My kids and I have had an absolute ball with it all. We have knitted scarves, and sewn all sorts of stuff. This week I made costumes for the kids to wear to school for a special dress up day. Jayden went as a Maori and Bonnie went as an indian lady. :D Next Bonnie wants me to sew her a cape.**)

13. cisco kristy

cisco kristy Well-known Member

MOD NOTE: this is the last time mods are editing this thread this is a place for exchange of produce not a place to sell or swap horsey gear or place wanted adds for what ever it might be.
    Next time thread will sadly go!
    Don't abuse this wonderful sticky thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  14. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

It would be a big shame to lose this thread because of a few.:}

Fingers crossed there are no more breeches of conduct as I like this thread...I just wish there were more items popping up.:p

15. erilyn

erilyn Well-known Member

This is the original post by Samm:

Kindly Admin has approved this for us,thank you Admin.

How this works is someone might have for instance eggs that they wish to exchange for lettuces or oranges for apples etc...you get the idea.
    There is NO money involved ,its a straight swap barter.
    It is only for foodstuffs and say things like egg cartons and jam jars,homemade jams and jellies etc.
    No horses,animals or anything like that.
    The person writes what they wish to exchange and their area ,the person who wants to exchange puts the persons username and yes exchange,the OP then responds with deal and persons username if they wish to take up the exchange , then you PM the person with your details to find out when and where to exchange.

So I'll go first and say I have heaps of oranges and/or lemons (say two shopping bags)that I'd like to exchange for two jars of homemade lemon butter(I can supply the lemons,just can't make it ).
    Area -Mundijong.

So post what you have and what you wish to exchange for members

Samm - could you please clarify the "No horses, animals, or anything like that" bit? I think that may be what's confusing people.

I know it's supposed to be a light hearted barter thread without complications, but once you throw humans into the mix...that's what it becomes.';'

Maybe a more specific list of what can and can't be bartered is needed??????

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  16. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

I try to think of it as anything horse related that could be advertised on the stockyards classified page, cant go here.

Also, items with a definate value, like cars, etc is also a no go.

Its more for items that you would otherwise chuck out as they dont have a great dollar value are suitable for swapping.

17. IbanezGirl

IbanezGirl Well-known Member

LEMONS , i have a big tree full !! very sweet type.

swap for WHY...or some packing boxes?**)

18. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

Dog training.

I have a set of special made Kramar dog weaving poles, in zippered carry bag. as new, available to swap for.... well, let me know what you have. My beagle is no longer in agility work and they are being wasted sitting in the shed.

19. pso

pso Gold Member

I Have heaps of lemons too- dont need to swap for anything- just take them!!!*#)

20. cisco kristy

cisco kristy Well-known Member

one boyfriend, will swap for lemon butter