Stock horse challenge

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Skittled, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

Sooooo, who is going to the stock horse challenge this weekend?

It's going to be our first time :) Can't wait. Never campdrafted before either, so the cattle section will be interesting!

2. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

The cattle section is not like a true campdraft. There is no pegs, so you just 'imagine' the course. And if you get the whip in camp, someone will help separate your beast out, and then you still get a run outside.

Have fun, they are very relaxed and casual days, nothing to get too nervous over :)

3. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

kat and I are going with Yarra, our first time too, should be a fun and interesting. looking forward in how yarra handles the cattle, yarra has never camped before, hope to see you there

4. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

Where is the challenge?

My partner has just gotten a stock horse gelding with only 1 eye. Do you know if the campdraft section allows one eyed horses.

I know we can't draft him under ABCRA, though not sure about ACA.

5. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Challenges, being a predominantly ASHS-run event would be affiliated with ASHS, not ACA or ABCRA.
    You'd have to check with them.
    Dusty Road I'd say this is the practise challenge being held at Coolup, according to my calendar :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

Thanks KiraSpark.

I shall have to look into this some more to see what we can do with Sam the one eye wonder!