Still at it!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Webby, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

Gee people think breeding is easy! You have got to be joking.

After all the dramas of trying to get my mare in foal i am stone broke and still have no positive test.

But it gets better..........

THe mare now thinks she is in foal!, vet got my hopes up said she has excellent tone in her uterus, no large folicules (should be in seaon if not in foal). But alas when we looked around we could find nothing:( kept serching and serching and not a thing, only the tiny little cyst that has been there all along. Seems she is giving a false positive.
    WE are going to leave her be at this stage as i am not taking the risk incase there is something there and will retest in a week if there is still no signs of her coming in. THinking she must of reabsorbed or something.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, does she not know i dont have and endless supply of pickings from the money tree.

I don't mind taking her back up there (to stud) but the owner of the stallion is not doing to well at the moment so really dont want to put him through all of it again.

Anyone else ben through false positives before?

2. ArabellaPark

ArabellaPark Guest

I dont know whether my mare returned a false positive or whether it was real and just decided she wasnt ready but we didn't think she was in foal as she came in season so we tested her and she returned a positive 24 day so we were all excited thinking yay shes just a tart but I wanted to wait on a 45 day preg test and thank god I did because she returned a negative 45 day preg test so whos knows what happened but shes in season now as shes got a love affair going with the gelding next door shes such a nerd *#)