STB bloodlines - exceptional (or not) temperaments

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by painter, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

peppers grand sire is san simeon, does anyone have any pics of him?

some people breed for their own personal use, but there is no market to breed standies as ridden horse when you can get them so cheap off the track etc
    did you not end up taking abe on lease?

2. EVP

EVP Gold Member

The nicest mare we have in the paddock ATM is by Pacific Rocket. Her name is Pacific Blitz. She is just a doll. The other nice broody is by Fake Left. Our nice racing filly ATM is by Badlands Hanover. I think she's probably his best racing filly here to date....her name is Very Chic. We have bred with every horse mentioned for colts and fillies and really liked the Grinfromeartoear's..

The only horse I have never liked is our current yearling by Comotion from our Panarama mare........he is brain-dead and annoys the hell outta me!! He tries to jump in the trailer because he runs behind it (so should be good at the mobile....lol), but he is a very naughty boy who doesn't care if you slap him on the neck and says back "Didn't hurt". I call him Jeffery.....he is a real Jeffery.

The nicest was our 2 yr old Cora by Presidential Ball (we've had 3 of these)...she was lovely and sweet...and the Cullen was nice too.

As for how they'd ride.......? Couldn't tell you........but they raced well....lolol

3. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

Hey EVP

Are you able to post a pic of your Presidential Ball horses? Would love to see what they look like

Cheers

Bec

4. EVP

EVP Gold Member

[​IMG]

White Thunder 3yo Filly Of the Year by PB from Latoya Franco.

[​IMG]

'Cora' (un-named yet) as a rising 2 year old waiting for the truck to take her to Peter Manning. By PB from Weona Miss

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  5. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Ooooh EVP the bottom filly is beautifully bred! Bet you will have alot of fun with her :)

What do people think of the Legacy of Power's? I know of a 3 year colt by him who is the nicest natured horse you will ever come across. He certainly doesn't know he is a monster (stands around 16.3hh).

Another one I like is Kinney Hanover's. Very sweet natured horses.

Gaia I agree, Admirals Christmas is absolutely beautiful and throws lovely stock.

Here is our Saab. This is one of the nicest horses I have ever come across. Can't speak highly enough of him :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

I`ve always liked your boy Lakota. He is yummy.

7. Court Eagle

Court Eagle Well-known Member

Is he a liver chestnut Lakota? Very pretty:)

8. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Thankyou Babe the standy Rocks :) He is a lovely boy, I can't wait to give him a ridden career after racing. I already ride him for race work at the beach, and he is a dream.

Thankyou Racybeast, yes he is a liver chestnut. Those pics are a little old, and he was still in his winter coat. He has now shed out into the most beautiful chocolate colour.

9. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

Elvis is by San Simeon out of Miss Emmawah (Waitaki Elect x Honey Spring), he is approx 15hh, bay with the creamy coloured tummy strip, acts nervy and flighty. But he will fly around the paddock with tail and head up, he is so proud for a dud! And he likes to snort afterwards.
    Maybe I teach the old fellow to round up sheep, his put the alpacas in their night yard a couple of times.
    I suppose these bloodlines are a bit old for people to remember.

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Our last pacer was by Kinny Hanover. Only won 1 race and wasn't at all pretty but great temperament.

11. painter

painter Well-known Member

My 19 yo mare is by The Sunbird Hanover out of Sweep Hand. Not sure that she is a good representation of his progeny as she was badly treated and starved and had 6 (I think) owners in the two years before I got her. So she understandably has issues. Having said that, with a little bit of work she has become a good solid mare, thinks she is only about 6 years old, lovely to ride and although she has respect issues and has learnt every evasion technique in the book, she willingly concedes leadership duties when handled correctly - even by my beginner hubby and 10yo old daughter who is learning to ride on her.

Now that I think about it, the fact that her previous mis-treatment hasn't turned her into a dirty horse is probably a good indication of her genes**)

This has turned into such an informative thread, I am glad that I asked the original question:)

12. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Here are some stock we have ATM.

Colt by Elsu from the Fake Left mare
    Colt by Comotion from Latoya Franco
    Filly by PB as mentioned & pictured
    Gelding by Comotion (Jeffrey the Evil)
    Gelding by Grinfromeartoear (my boy Jerry)from Weona Miss
    Gelding by Blissful Hall from Pennyrama

And soon to foal Metropoliton from Pacific Blitz.

Very Chic is running in the Melton Plate (Melton) on Friday night....she's got her work cut out for her in a very smart class.....hopefully she'll bring home a cheque....I have vets to pay.....lolol

13. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

EVP, what is the Elsu colt like? Have always loved Elsu.
    Good luck at Melton on Friday :)

14. EVP

EVP Gold Member

He is a nice colt...a little bit shy atm as he wasn't born here, he came with his mum from NZ about 3 months ago...he's also a Jan baby that didn't get alot of handling while over there (standard for the Kiwis I'm told)....but he's coming along well.....doesn't like to get into trouble is how I have been findiing him which translates into a smart horse in my books.....those kind don't make things hard for themselves.....lolol

He's a bit ugly in the head depart.....:(

15. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Our mare ran a gallliant 4th...but I can't help being a bit disappointed. Her draw was terrible but I was really hoping she'd snaffle it. Never mind.

16. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Do understand you being a bit disappointed, but still 4th is pretty good and she did bring home a cheque **)
    Could you please post a picture of your Blissfull Hall gelding? :)

17. EVP

EVP Gold Member

[​IMG]

This is the only one I have. And its not very good.....he was a late weaner here.

18. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Thanks for that EVP he is a nice boy. I have a BH 3yo he is a lovely willing horse but he just needs to mature

19. EVP

EVP Gold Member

On the whole I think fillies mature a bit quicker in the STB breed....the ones that don't; do so very much "on purpose".....lolol....they just prefer to be difficult. The colts mostly seem to have issues that need winning over....but once you have them and they have a routine of comfort they get better quickly.

20. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

we have a saab at work (unraced 2y/o)
    hes the sweetest thing ever
    probably not the smartest horse..but hes gorgeous

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009