State Dressage Championships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by nannygoat, Jun 13, 2008.

1. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

LOL...due on earths ground I think Cav means...;)

2. Cav

Cav Gold Member

The mare is by Oakvale Serenade (Part Welsh/Riding Pony)
    and the stallion is a Purebred Morgan (PM if you want details). The
    first foal from this cross is due in a few months. The mare is
    mine and Ive leased her for this "trial" for 3 years to see how
    this cross turns out. It is specifically to target the market for
    people wanting well bred Dressage/Sports Ponies with the
    height, build, temperament, movement and versatility! **)

3. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

springbok what breed is your mare? she is stunning and looks so kind!! she must be huggggeee!!! well she looks it in the photos anyways!! i want her!!!

4. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

how exciting! i love morgans, theyre so elegant. cant wait to see your baby! **)

5. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

lol, well think of it this way, showhorse is the only sport where u can bling up!

6. pso

pso Gold Member

I have a vid of my freestyle...but I dont have the fainted idea how to Utube it....:D
    Just went and spent my winnings on a new skye park...Pony deserves a new wardrobe!**)
    My Saddle still isnt dry....:( nor are my boots....

7. princeton

Ohh no.....poor soggy gear.....Oh well, any reason to shop is a good reason!

I dont know how to youtube either....so I am no help:(

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

We have just spent the last half an hour trying to get the mud stains out of white joddies. They have been soaking in napisan all day and the sard wonder soap hasn't worked either....so I guess that means shopping too?

9. princeton

Yep!! Shopping time for you too NG!! Yay....see the rain wasnt sooo bad after all!:p

10. pso

pso Gold Member

lol...yup, good excuse for shopping! (get cream this time)
    My breeches are teflon coated....They dont stain very easily!;)

11. princeton

They are good those teflon coated ones**)

How exactly does one get mud on their breeches doing dressage though NG???? Does Stottie think dressage is an extreme sport like pso's Izzy??

12. pso

pso Gold Member

princeton...
    The mud had to be seen to be believed....
    Was a snorkel and flippers job out there!

13. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Princeton, I'll get you a video still of the international arena so you can see how much of it was under water ..... !! I wish I had gotten a shot of "the titanic rising" :p haha but I was hiding in Liq's stable watching people go out clean and dry and come back soggy and mud covered.

MR - Liq is by Last Waraba (Perch x tb) out of Marglin Erineyse who if memory serves me right was part tb, part connemarra and something else ... I can't remember now lol but sh├ęs 1/1 000 000. She was very sick at new year from a virus which turned nasty and ended up in hospital for a week so it's just nice to have her with us still. She's an absolute sweety and I don't know how she puts up with me LOL. She IS big ... in everyway way - heart included ;) .

14. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Oh you gals - you make me laugh
    (and why aren't you watching des housewives?)
    Surely I have enough drama keeping my backside in the saddle without using teflon!!
    Still, food for thought.
    I sprayed the saddle blankie with it and it has held up remarkably well.

And don't worry about the sucky mud - how are you supposed to ride a test when your glasses are fogged up?? Missed two markers because I am not very good at judging distance! I thought they were closer....sigh..

SO - Shopping it is!