State Dressage Championships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by nannygoat, Jun 13, 2008.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Hehehe, Ron and Rani the two geriatrics!!!
    They got 50% in the pre-lim 1.3 and 52% in the pre-lim 1.4 in APPALLING conditions!!
    Cath Moss our other member also put in a great effort, despite Spotty slipping badly...

So for all you standardbred peoples who want to take the plunge - go for it!!

2. bawtry

bawtry Well-known Member

Congratulations to Royal Oak II who won the Prelim. :D

Just love this boy and can't wait for our foal by him!!! :D :D

Congratulations to everyone else - sounds like the weather there is shocking!!! (Guess I should rub in the fact that it is just gorgeous here on the Gold Coast atm then huh - lovely and sunny but not hot!!!! *#) *#))

3. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

Sounds like you had a good weekend nanny goat! Well done to both of you. Think he deserves a big cuddle from you (yeh right! hehe - you cuddle????):p

4. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

HUGE congrats NG!!!!

WELL DONE!!!**)

Esy, the big girl looks just beautiful, I bet you are happy to have her back on deck:)

5. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Was any footage moving or still captured of PSO and NG? Would love to see PSO's freestyle is there a youtube or anything?

6. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

dont no if anyway was filming but PSO was awesome

an instrumental madonna medley, AND theyre transitions were clear with the changes in the music. really entertaining, courtney said she wants her lower leg position!

7. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Well there WAS some, but our camera failed it's duty in the poor light outside for my freestyle (6.00pm), and the battery failed half way through PSO's.....sorry.
    Our freestyle was the best ever...we were so wrapt...so I was in a bit of a poo....

I would like to blame the poppa bear, but he is such a legend that would just be unfair.....

A couple of pic's is the best I can do......

The gorgeous weather on Sat (he refused to take the camera out on Sun)

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

And a fuzzy one of the absolute champion pair!!!!

[​IMG][/IMG]

8. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

and just for Princeton....

One judge commented on my sparkle brow band.
    She was quite cynical, but said that she really liked it, just the RIGHT amount without being ostentatious. She said she was tired of being dazzled everytime someone rode up to her, way too much and it was distracting.
    Whew!

9. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

That is so cool to hear that Rani is still out there competing! Any pics?
    Your boy looks awesome by the way!:)

10. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Congrats Nannygoat - I saw bits of one of your tests on the grass and it was very nice **) .

I *really* wanted to have a peak at Pso's freestyle after mine yesterday but was summoned off to pack off by a very tired and wet mother (I can't really blame her hehe). I have mine on video but I'm not sure anyone would want to see it :p .

11. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Springbok, would you like me to beg. Won't be pretty....:p

NG, handsome horsey you've got there.

12. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Yes please!!!!!

13. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Springbok, there was nothing wrong with your freestyle - I would like to see it again.

Thanks, Marianne and Gaia, we think our boy is great too!!

There were no pic's of Ron and Rani - too wet! But I do know that he is all fired up to go to the Kalamunda Dressage day. I am convincing him that dressage is the way to go, not all that wussy hack stuff!

14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Does anyone know where the results will be posted?:confused: :confused:

Also reading about "pony dressage" the first Morgan x Riding Pony dressage/sports pony is due on the ground this year! Can't wait
    for that one!!**)

Well done to everyone that went. I would like to get there next year hopefully if all goes to plan!!!!

15. wildsteel

please go on....!

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

?? sorry not sure what you mean:confused:

17. GiGi

GiGi Guest

Cav, results should be up on EFAWA website, but must be too early...........as they not there yet.

18. princeton

Yes, there is a very fine line between too much and not enough bling**)
    I must admit that I dont bling at all for dressage (for the whole of the 5 tests my horse has done LOL)....I save it for the show ring....then I bling like crazy*#)

19. princeton

LOL....I was told on the weekend to 'join a real sport' LOL....how rude!:p

20. wildsteel

whats the goss on this pony? i love morgans
    what grounds is it due on? sec? as a display or?