Starting Showing what memberships do I need

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Premier, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

Hi Everyone,

I want to take my mare out to do a few Ag shows and maybe a few ODE,'s I'm an adult so not sure what memberships we need in order to do unofficial shows. Do we need anything ( I am clueless)

2. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

No idea about Ag Shows, but for ODE's, it depends on whether you want to attend Pony Club ones (as an Open rider) or Equestrian Australia ones.

For Pony Club ODEs:
    You have to get an annual membership.
    OPEN RIDERS
    There are a couple of options for competitors, a $100 membership which gives you 24/7 insurance, or a $40 membership which only provides insurance at PC events.

For EA ODEs
    You need EA "Competitor" membership as a rider. This also gives 24/7 insurance. $405 a year plus a $100 joining fee if you were not a member before
    EvA65, EvA80 classes (used to be called Intro 2 and Intro 1), your horse does not need to be EA registered or hold a competition card
    EvA95 (prelim) and above, your horse will require an EA registration ($150 one-off cost) and eventing competition card ($40 for the first year and $25/year to renew).
    Equestrian's New Membership Structure

Hope that helped!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

That's great :)

I wouldn't thought you would need anything for unofficial at Ag shows but I could be wrong.

So much to learn