Standardbred Sports and Pleasure Horse Association-expressions of interested required

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by nitemarch, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitemarch

nitemarch New Member

I'm thinking bigger picture Heiffer. I do have the SPPHA in NSW (am in NSW) however I have received feedback from owners in other states who do not have this. Am still waiting on feedback from a couple of the SPPHA's that are running.

2. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

**)**)
    Nitemarch, can I ask if you have something against the SPPHA?? Just curious as to why you wouldn't just go with that for your state? Also, how do you propose to run the , say, NT or Tas one? As in, how are you going to run clinics and what not from where you are? Or will you just try to get a rep in each state to do it for you which comes back to what SPPHA already is? I just want to clarify what you are offering that SPPHA doesn't? Also, what would you offer the states that already have very active Assoc already here? I think all these questions, and more, need to be answered. A website with details of shows, adoptions, horses for sale, news etc is a great idea, but there are already a few of these up that haven't really been active in the past 6 months or so.

3. nitemarch

nitemarch New Member

Gaia-I have absolutely nothing against the SPPHA in NSW, if you have a look at their website you will see that I am listed as a standardbred retrainer on there page. They are doing a marvelous job in rehoming standies :) I recommend them to people who have standies to adopt all the time.

As mentioned many times before I would like there to be a nation wide society. I'm not exactly thinking of myself, I am going on feedback from owners of both purebred and partbred horses Australia wide.

To answer your questions regarding clinics/events in each state than yes, I am obviously going to require assistance from others. I too have concerns regarding why these other sites (including the SPPHA's that closed down) have not been active. This all seemed to happen around the first half of last year and interesting all at similar times! As also mentioned before there will be much more research before going ahead, and also a committee will need to be formed. There will also be a focus on regional areas that are do not have events run by the current SPPHA's to include sponsorship for events in these areas.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. nitemarch

nitemarch New Member

Have just received confirmation from SPPHA in Victoria-ACT, NT and TAS societies are no longer operational.

5. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Thats cool. Just throwing some questions out there for you :)
    Goodluck :)

6. nitemarch

nitemarch New Member

That's ok Gaia. The reason why I posted this on the forum (and a couple of others) was to get questions and feedback. All of these issues are being taken on board, and will be crucial in deciding whether or not this new association will be feasible.

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I am coming at this as a non-standarbred owner but someone who likes them (particularly spunky Ashy :D) This should be taken as constructive not as me saying your idea is completely wrong LOL. Coz only you know the full reasons about why you are trying to start a completely new organisation :)

Have you thought about contacting the active SPPHA clubs and seeing if they would be interested in expanding to become a national organisation? Then spread that umbrella to the other inactive states?

Although what are you hoping to achieve by going National?

The National organisations I know do it for two reasons. First up so that registrations are Australia wide so are accepted in every state and secondly so that they can hold national competitions. I am trying to think what other benefits a nationally based organisation has over a state based one. What works best in one state in terms of regulations is not necessarily the best thing for another state.

8. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Lol, fanks :) I do love my pony :D

9. kp

kp Well-known Member

When I was involved, all the SPPHA in the states were under a national umbrella, and did run a national competition. Marie in Vic was the secretary. There were once yearly phone conferences held.

While I like your idea Nitemarch, I can't see how it will work. If you want comps in your area go through your local SPPHA.

10. nitemarch

nitemarch New Member

"Have you thought about contacting the active SPPHA clubs and seeing if they would be interested in expanding to become a national organisation? Then spread that umbrella to the other inactive states?"

Yes I have done this ;) Problem is that they are considered separate associations (regardless of the name) and rules do vary between states. I's not like the EA or the HRCAV etc. They do hold the National High Point award together though. When I have heard back from everyone I will keep you all up to date with what I find out.

KP-as mentioned several times before I was thinking "bigger picture" not just my local area. Marie is still the secretary for the VIC branch, she seems nice and replies very quickly to emails :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  11. brumby_78

brumby_78 Guest

you could start this with your harvest foal :) be the founding member...heehee

12. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

hes not Tb though ROFL WB x WB

13. brumby_78

brumby_78 Guest

Harvest foal is from Domazar who is really a TB x Han (his mum is TB)

and havest foal is from a TB mare (unless he is a Northern cathriene foal)

They only had 1 WB mare all the rest are TB's and a QH mare :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  14. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

2006 foal so thats prob why you dont know him/his breeding ;)

infact, not even his mothers father was TB so completely wrong! LOL
    (and no QH in sight)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  15. brumby_78

brumby_78 Guest

i didn't say he had QH in him, im saying the stud had a QH BroodMare.

yes he is a 06 foal, i was there 03 - 05 (end of yr) i was there for his breeding and yes i do know this breeding :)

Domezaar is out of Miss Gourmet who is an ASB thoroughbred. so then really Quiz's dad is a Han x TB

and Harvest Innovation would also be a TB x WB (if not a full TB)

you prolly should have gone for a Grenadier foal... so much nicer :)

so there for Quiz is a TB x WB :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  16. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Shows what you know mate ;)
    NONE OF YOUR FRIGGEN BUSINESS by the way!
    (and you are dead wrong about innovation! - Aachen lines!)
    Scanned from my horse's papers:
    [​IMG]

We will see how nice he is once he is performing ;)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  17. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Popcorn anyone? LOL. :p
    Or a nice cuppa coffee? :}

18. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

was jsut thinking that :)
    another thread iv been following that looks like its getting nasty :}

19. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

well, a bit rude dont you think???

20. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Umm does it matter???
    I actually think tb x wb are MUCH nicer then full warmbloods!!

I would never get a lot of warmblood breeding again...LOve love love the tb x wbs!
    Rich story is a tb right? So Jenny is at least half tb?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.