Standardbred HOTY Results and Pic

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by stormie, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

congrats to all, it was a very relaxing day at this show for a change (for me)

2. Ciderlover

Ciderlover Active Member

Well done to everyone, what stunning horses.
    Nanngygoat your boy is such a wonderful star! You must be so proud of him. He must be due for a well earned rest and a very special chrissie present!:D

3. Jonsie

Jonsie Well-known Member

Thanks Mirawee!! For her first outing she was a superstar and we were thrilled with her!! :D

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

You are close enough for me to come and steal her too :D Luckily I have too many horses as it is LOL.

5. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Great pictures everyone! Glad this time, I'm not the only one posting lol.
    Jonsie your filly is VERY cute! ETA - I just LOVE the name "Summertime Lily" Very pretty. Some of these race horses have horrible names but that is such a pretty name and really suits her. I have to think of another nbame for the filly I have here. Her name is shocking!

Another pic from me. We were trying to get Jeda and Trix to have a photo together without killing each other lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  6. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

well just as well i wasn't there on saturday as i went to lunge cassie and she was that sore she wouldn't trot (not even with a whip up her ass) and she usaully tries her hardest to do what i want.

7. Maddog 29

Maddog 29 Well-known Member

All the horses look fantastic:)*:)*

Well done to everybody on their results, sounds like a great day

Extra special congrats to Nanny :)))- who is becoming a Jack (or Billy) of all trades. :p

Jonsie I love your boy, what a hunk
    and
    Pepsea - Jayke is looking fantastic

8. Admiral

Admiral New Member

On behalf of the Committee I would like to congratulate all competitors at this year's show.
    The judge had only great things to say about the friendly but competitive atmosphere, the quality of presentation and the very professional approach the show was organised.

These comments are very positive for SPPHAWA, it's members and all the competitors, as without you all we would not be able to hold such great shows.

The only downside to the show was the amount of late scratchings due to late injuries and float refusals! which mainly affected the mare classes and a couple of partbreds

A big thank you to Georgie and Cathy from the Pinto Society in helping with the stewarding and marshalling on Saturday to keep the show flowing.
    Also have to mention the lovely garlands that were made by Katrina's Garland's, they looked absolutely beautiful on the horses.
    And last but not least a huge thank you to Smiley for being present on both days to take photos of the lovely competitors and their horses.

Congratulations and we hope to see you all back in the new year for the State Championships to be held in February.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  9. Liberte Doo Dah

Liberte Doo Dah Active Member

Here's the video's of our workouts for Champion Ridden Exhibit

Glyding Moments ridden by Lisa Carson
    YouTube - GLYDINGMOMENTS

10. Liberte Doo Dah

11. Liberte Doo Dah

***removed at the request of the person videod***

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  12. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

I can only get the one of Lombo to work Dee.:confused:

13. madcow

madcow Guest

I did bettera than you Gaia...I got ******* and Glyding moments to work:D (just not Trixi LOL)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  14. Liberte Doo Dah

all 3 should be working now.... damn puters

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Trixie works for me :) She looks great with just a couple of minor "hiccups" :)* Don't have time to watch the others now :)

16. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

awesome LDD! They all worked for me!
    Now if ppl were to watch those and not know the breed, you would never guess they were good old standies... such lovely horses!

17. Liberte Doo Dah

My point exactly Smiley.. I thought they are a great representation for the Breed... shows ppl who are fond of SB as to what they are capable of.. with some extensive education of course.. and not over night...

But no one should doubt themselves or a standie.. they are fantastic horses!!!

Well Done Girls!!! :)*

18. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Ah finally a moment to scratch me bum and catch up!

Was so lovely to chat with Smiley and Mad cow (although Hubby did say why on earth did you call her that, not very nice you know...!)

So many awesome horses there - where to start?

Trixies looks grab you, then just a hint of wilfulness in the eye, will I be good or won't I!
    The black mare I just could not stop looking at. My personal pick of the day to take home.
    Jonsie a shame I missed your young girl she is stunning and I have always admired your boy. (mind you I have a thing for blacks...)
    The chestnut that went reserve champ hunter was the most fun horse I have seen for ages, I loved him!

Picked up lots of tips to change and shape for our next outing, always something to learn to get better.

One last pic of our boy, on his absolutly grumpy best!
    Hoping that one of the photographers were able to get some less than grumpy shots....

[​IMG]

19. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Got them all to work now lol.

I think I was trying not to watch but I didn't realise how tired she had got. She was laying all over your left leg :eek: I know you told me she was, but interesting watching it again. ******** looked great! Can't beat Glyding Moments, he's a little legend. **)
    Thanks for putting them up Dee :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  20. Liberte Doo Dah

Naggy Goat your boy is JUST AWESOME!!!!! i'd lock him up cos i might just sneak in one night and pinch him....

JK but he's ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME!!!!