Stallion Akhenaton

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Chino22, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

Hi I have a gelding by Akhenaton and would love too find a picture of him if anyone can help? Also is dam being Regal Twig if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance :)*

2. South Boulder Boy

South Boulder Boy Well-known Member

This is Akhenaton

[​IMG]

And one of him racing
    [​IMG]

He's my favorite stallion, my boy is by him and his owner/breeder sends majority of her horses by him to us to train. All Akhenaton bred horses have the most amazing temperaments, are pretty easy to train and usually make awesome show horses. They are slow to mature though which can put people off if they have a youngster.

3. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

Wow!!! He's impressive!!! Thank you so so much!! My boy has a wonderful temperament, very smart and yes an eye catching show horse!!! Honestly can't thank you enough! Yes my boy is rising 8 but more like a 5yr old but so
    Honest and kind I love him to bits!

4. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Been in the racing industry a long time, and I must say Akhenation was my favourite sire. Dealt with many of his racing progeny and they all had wonderful temperaments, and were very placid and easy going in general. Got yourself a good horse!:)*

5. Painted

Painted Active Member

I love the Akhenaton progeny! They are such a pleasure to work with.
    My boy is closely related to Akhenaton himself. And he's such a dude and easy to deal with/train :)*
    [​IMG]

6. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-known Member

My friend has one who is on the market.... this is Casper
    [​IMG]

I'm not trying to make this an ad to sell him just know he is from this stallion...but if you need to take out the market bit then do so

7. Sublime

Sublime New Member

I have one too and love her!!

Wow, my mare is the spitting image of her sire!! She too has an outstanding nature, I got her fresh off the track and she has not put a foot wrong. Even tho she is brilliant, she is still very immature. She is only 5, is bold and brave and just fearless on cross country. She is not mareish at all either.

Can't wait till she looks like that first picture SBB posted!!

[​IMG]

Funny story: I actually rode another horse by Akenaton the day before I bought her and was going to buy him, but he was only 15.1. Then I saw her advertised and she was 16.2++, she was just like the gelding (super) but bigger - exactly what I wanted! :rockon:

8. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-known Member

wow the roaning in his coat shows in like all of his offspring so far as we can see.... crazy!

9. South Boulder Boy

Here's some of ours (sorry if they come out too big)

Macca
    [​IMG]

Sue (named after her owner who is also the owner of Akhenaton) she will grey out as she ages
    [​IMG]

Splash racing
    [​IMG]

And Splash now
    [​IMG]

Murphy
    [​IMG]

Darryl
    [​IMG]

10. South Boulder Boy

Inky (my boy), he has faint dapples which you can see when the sun shines on him
    [​IMG]

Dory (Inkys full sister)
    [​IMG]

Buck (he'll be mine when he retires, we call him Inkys twin)

[​IMG]

Those are just the ones I have photos of. Inky and Buck are quite fine boned compared to most Akhenatons. Majority of his progeny are at least 16hh. All ours have been over, Buck had a growth spurt and is now over 17h. Sue and Darry are under but we expect them to grow as they were only 2 and 3 at the time. Like I said they are slow to mature. They also tend to be extremely naughty babies lol we say they all have that lovely Akhenaton trot but they also have that not so lovely Akhenaton whip (which they thankfully grow out of/are trained out of)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  11. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-known Member

Casper took after his Dam and only stand around the 15hh mark

12. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

How do I post photos lol then I can put some of my boy up too :)

13. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

Do you have a photo bucket account Chino?

14. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

No photo bucket but I can open one if that's what I need :)

15. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

Hi Chino,

Yeah- it makes it pretty easy :) once you have one (and uploaded your photo) you can find the "links" codes and copy the bottom one. you just need to paste it into your reply. I'd preview your post first to make sure it worked though.

16. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

Awesome thank you ill give it a go :)

17. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

This is my boy chino, from showing to bowing to jumping and cross country he is a little super star with a sweet but cheeky personality always puts a smile On my dile

[​IMG]

URL=http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/nikz1985/media/image_zps6282d9ad.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

18. Chino22

Chino22 New Member

so what is the Akhenaton whip haha

19. South Boulder Boy

Well when they spook at things as babies their go to method is to whip back, so they drop their shoulder and spin around so theyre going in the opposite direction. And they do it incredibly fast. Of all the horses I've ridden none have been able to whip as fast as the Akhenatons. My boy was one of the worst, he'd be dropping people before we even got onto the work track and he's lost me twice when he was in race work. It's so fast that the second he dropped his shoulder you'd be gone before you even knew what was going to happen lol. But like I said they either grow out of it or are trained out of it. Inky can still whip but its rare, usually he just flinches or side steps if spooked now and these days when he does whip it's slow so you can catch him before he gets the full way round. He also tends to sidestep back under you these days when he feels your weight shift so you don't fall off as easy.

20. Alyanna Schaffer

Alyanna Schaffer New Member

Hi guys !

I have a gelding by Akhenaton and I was wondering if there were any more pictures of him available online? My gelding is grey and I want to know if he'll lighten even more in color now that hes already 7 years old. Also, his dam was called "Perfect Princess". Any info on her? (:)

Attached Files: