Squid

Discussion in 'News Items' started by ddr, Dec 10, 2005.

1. ddr

ddr New Member

Squid
    thought you might like to know results from PVQHA Show
    No Colt/ Stallion
    Gelding 2 & 3 1st Cee a Barpasser 2nd Pawsitivily Blazing
    Geld 4 and Over Cee a Barpasser
    Both Champ and reserve Cee a Barpasser
    Mare yearling Pawsitivitly Blazing
    Mare 2 & 3 1st Seeker out of jet boom mare 2nd Legally Blonde
    Mare 4 was Greenhill Decked in Chrome I think
    Champion Decked in Chrome 2 nd Seeker filly

2. squid

squid Active Member

Thanks for that. Was that the Dec or Nov show.

I have the nov show ones and Legally Blonde got Champ mare. She was also the only halter bred horse there.
    The Bar Passer horses do well, but I have never seen one I liked personally as my type of horse.
    A friend of mine has 2 here, a 2 year old filly and a yearling geld, she cant give them away. Very flooded market.

Off to Ballarat tomorrow.

Aim for the moon, for even if you fail you will still be among stars.

[image]http://www.squidhill.com/LOGO.jpg[/image]

3. ddr

ddr New Member

Dec show 10th Dec

4. ddr

ddr New Member

fogot the PB filly didn't go back in for halter but the judge did ask for it

5. squid
    how did you go at ballarat? Who won champ and reserve gelding class?
    Cheers![:-cwm39-:]

QHMAD

6. squid
    how did you go at ballarat? Who won champ and reserve gelding class?
    Cheers![:-cwm39-:]

QHMAD

7. ddr

ddr New Member

apparantly there was a colt at PVQHA Show sorry dont know any detail's

8. C'mon, Squid! Fill us in with an info on Ballarat show! LOl!![:-grin-:]
    Who beat you to Champ and Reserve?
    Cheers!

QHMAD

9. charlie lover

charlie lover New Member

yeah c'mon spill the beans

10. squid

squid Active Member

Settle down, keep your undies on LOL

I am still waiting on an email to find out who the winners were.
    I only got 2 on the day as the dont anounce them there, bloody anoying.
    The stallion was Warralee Mr Montana. Reserve was a colt they took, only 2 there.

I dont know the gelding that got champ, but it was huge, really big. The reserve was Trish Shugs nice little bay horse. Nice little pleasure horse. I think he won somthing at NPHA.

We didnt give our self a chance as dirt bag had a bad attitude day so I would have been disapointed in the judge if she had of awarded him anything. She looked at him long enough and gave him every chance, but you cant judge a horse that wont stand. We got what we deserved on the day. Thats babies for you.

I didnt get any of the mares, sorry, there was a stunning mare there I had not seen before but not sure how she went. I was packing up dirt bag before I clonked him, lol His new owner still loves him though. (god knows why)

Was some really nice ponies there I saw warming up for the ridden classes. Dont usually see that quality around here at our A shows, but start of the big season soon so they are out and about.

Ill put up more results, mares etc when I get them.

And if one more person at a show asks where bloody Chunky is ill kill them. He will be back soon enough.

11. hahaha, Squid! You can do better than that! LOL! Usually you are full ball on names and results on the other side of the country and you want me to believe that you don't know who's won Champ and Reserv gelding at the show you were at?!! LOL![:-grin-:]
    But it is frustrating when you don't place if the horse plays up and doesn't stand up. And face it , babies are the hardest, coz one minute their legs are on the ground and the next minute all four could be in the air! LOl!
    I hope next time he behaves! LOl!!![:-lookhappy-:]

QHMAD

12. squid

squid Active Member

LOL. no actually I really dont know the name of the champ gelding. I had never seen him before, and I didnt see the mares. Its hard to take notice when you have owners talking to you and packing up. Usually I watch all halter classes.
    Snake Valley had a mare there, really nice, but I didnt see what she got, she would have been hard to beat though I think.

I know the results from over there as I get them emailed to me from WA. I am in contact with quite a few people over there.

The reserve Geld was Trish Shugs horse. Trish owns McDonalds saddlery.
    The Champ I hadnt seen before, was in the 4 year and over class and the biggest geld I have ever seen. Well over 16hds and big boned. I am trying to find out but havtn heard yet as I am very interested to see what breeding he is. Looked too course for halter bred or pleasure, but too tall for working, He was a nice horse but BIG. A quite older lady had him there. I didnt know her either.

No shows now for 3 weeks. Ill try to get more results from next one.

13. Squid,
    a week's gone and we are still no wiser! LOl!!! Give us the names, please! LOl!
    Cheers!

QHMAD

14. ddr

ddr New Member

Squid
    Are you showing on the weekend ( 21or 22 Jan ) ??

15. squid

squid Active Member

Yep, but it will be a VERY quick outing.
    I am showing at Crystal Park near Geelong on Sunday. 'A' show

Weather suposed to be 41 so will be in and out and home before it gets hot.
    If I hadnt promised his owner Id take him we would be staying home. She has got the winning bug. aaahhhh.

Are you going to Tonyy?

I will get the halter results from this show but wont be hanging around for anything else.

Sun / Surf the week after

[image]http://www.squidhill.com/chunky_new_web_1.jpg[/image]

16. ddr

ddr New Member

Nah, unfortunately ( or with the expected temp maybe fortunately ) I am busy this weekend and it's not looking go for next weekend either, may be able to find out something from Tonimbuk, will have to see if I get around to making the phone call.

Apparently not brilliant entries ( number at Tonimbuk ) maybe due to an engagement party that's on, on Saturday night

17. squid

squid Active Member

Entrie numbers dont seem to mean much though as many people enter onthe day. I know they are suposed to send them in but many dont.
    I am always waiting in line for my numbers while some are filling out entry forms.
    I send mine in and be done with it.

The heat may turn a lot off, I know i wouldnt be taking a horses out in anything but a quick halter class.

Dont know what entries are like at CP,

18. squid

squid Active Member

Entrie numbers dont seem to mean much though as many people enter onthe day. I know they are suposed to send them in but many dont.
    I am always waiting in line for my numbers while some are filling out entry forms.
    I send mine in and be done with it.

The heat may turn a lot off, I know i wouldnt be taking a horses out in anything but a quick halter class.

Dont know what entries are like at CP,

19. ddr

ddr New Member

What I know from Tonimbuk
    Yearling Futurity A Lil Exceptional ( don't know if the name is exactly right )
    Cham Stall Tashstraw
    Cham Mare Legally Blond
    Cham Geld or resave was Bite Me

squid I don't know of the others names

20. squid

squid Active Member

Bite me must have got reserve as it was a Noble TKO that got champ.
    Legally blonde went supreme.
    Sparkmans also won grand chamnpm in all 3 paint sections. I think it is their colt that won the futurity.

Crsytal park.

No stallion

Champ gelding I think was Irresistable Charm. I didnt get his name but she said he was by Irresistable Zip out of a MBJ Charmer mare when we were talking
    Reserve was Zip Calais

Champ mare. Legally Blonde
    Reserve Radical Dixie Chick.

Champ paint Sparkmans mare
    Reserve their colt.

Supreme was Legally blonde.